Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What did you think of the shootout and the challenge list in general?

It was a track issue, not the car.
    #9 2011 Spring Street Car Shoutout

1991 Mini Tubed Mustang Coupe, in the works.
    351W base, PG, Stock Suspension chassis

Glad to hear. Maybe chad can rest better knowing the caterpillar is not still chasing him....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    #2 - 2020 DD Challenge List

1997 Cobra - C heads, Cams, Sullivan intake, long tubes, homemade cai, 4.30, strange axles, e85, chromoly cage
    2000 Saleen S281SC - factory "stock"

Quote Originally Posted by 2Fast4You View Post
    It was an operator issue, not the car.
    Fixed it for you. Lol

It was a track issue, not the car.
    It's always the track's fault. LOL!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by S281SC View Post
    Glad to hear. Maybe chad can rest better knowing the caterpillar is not still chasing him....

Yes the night terror has subsided..........................some. It's more like a calico gray moth now.

I keep hearing the mention of a race car, who had the race car down there?

I keep hearing the mention of a race car, who had the race car down there?
    Well lets just run down the list"

Tags? no
    Registration? no
    Liability Insurance? no
    Fully functioning headlights w/markers, turn signals, parking lamps, tail lights, brake lights, reverse lights, license plate lights? no, no ,no. no .no and NO!
    Street legal tires? no
    Interior...a REAL interior? NO
    Capable of traveling further than 15 miles on a tank of fuel? NO
    heater? NO
    radio? no
    windshield wipers that function? no
    functioning horn? NO
    Front window defroster? no

Otherwise yeah, its a street car.
    Last edited by redfirepearlgt; 11-14-2017 at 08:07 PM.

That stuff is over rated...

If you would have had turn signals you could have signaled your intention to pass him on the left at the shootout!! LOL!!!
    LS Swapped - Locally hated now

Haha Shayne getting picked on!!!
    1992 Mustang LX Coupe, 302, PA C4 and On3 70mm.
    1993 Reef Blue hatch, 347, 3550, and a kit.
    1992 Gould GT project...

That only justifies the very tight budget I'm on to even make the thing go, it does have reverse lights by the way. Lol

All that shit works on my black car. It has a radiant heater too.

Here is how i see it. Any car with a roll bar/cage or safety harnesses instead of factory seatbelts is no longer DOT street legal. So no one on our list could run 11.49 or faster if we held true street legal status and met the rules of the tracks we race. Unless your car is 2008 or newer and then it goes to 9.99 @ 135 for coupes with zero modifications, but regardless we surely have to be flexible on our definition of street car if ANYBODY wants to stay on the list. My radio and horn are gone so i guess mine is a race car too. But i needed the radio power supply wire to feed my nitrous controller and i tried to install a momo wheel and screwed up the wires for the horn. So... radio went bye bye and horn doesnt work. All of us make compromises to put a little extra giddy-up to our ponies. Some more than others. Shayne i am jealous of your fast ride. But i love that we have a fast list and would not trade that for windshield wipers or a radio. Just sayin... our dozen list ended at an average 10.1 sec. we have some fast guys around here and everybody is doing it with full framed steel cars. It is quite impressive. And i think everybody has plans to be faster next year. I will still drive my car to work, hardware store or cruise-ins despite the fact i can get cited for non DOT harnesses or too dark of window tint. I guess we are outlaws....

1997 Cobra - C heads, Cams, Sullivan intake, long tubes, homemade cai, 4.30, strange axles, e85, chromoly cage

Everyone on the list has tags and insurance that matches the car. Its one of the DD rules.

Quote Originally Posted by S281SC View Post
    Here is how i see it. Any car with a roll bar/cage or safety harnesses instead of factory seatbelts is no longer DOT street legal. So no one on our list could run 11.49 or faster if we held true street legal status and met the rules of the tracks we race. Unless your car is 2008 or newer and then it goes to 9.99 @ 135 for coupes with zero modifications, but regardless we surely have to be flexible on our definition of street car if ANYBODY wants to stay on the list. My radio and horn are gone so i guess mine is a race car too. But i needed the radio power supply wire to feed my nitrous controller and i tried to install a momo wheel and screwed up the wires for the horn. So... radio went bye bye and horn doesnt work. All of us make compromises to put a little extra giddy-up to our ponies. Some more than others. Shayne i am jealous of your fast ride. But i love that we have a fast list and would not trade that for windshield wipers or a radio. Just sayin... our dozen list ended at an average 10.1 sec. we have some fast guys around here and everybody is doing it with full framed steel cars. It is quite impressive. And i think everybody has plans to be faster next year. I will still drive my car to work, hardware store or cruise-ins despite the fact i can get cited for non DOT harnesses or too dark of window tint. I guess we are outlaws....

Don't get your panties in a twist. There is a history prior to your arrival that generates comments on this topic (most of them are tongue in cheek) from time to time and it mostly (at least on my part) is referring back to threads years ago on the topic that just sometimes got completely out of hand. We are having some fun with Shayne at his expense. He's the king of the mountain. Part of being #1 is being able to handle the jabs from time to time that go with it. I was #1 for 23 minutes. I caught crap over my win by default over Shayne for those 23 minutes. Its no big deal.

I'd do anything I could to help Shayne any time he needed it when possible, and if it were a 'life or death situation' I would make the time possible. He knows that and knows I consider him a personal friend. Others having fun with Shayne on this topic feel the same way toward Shayne. He's a big guy, with a fast car and that at times makes Chihuahua's like me nip at his shins in fun. He gives it back as well knowing we mean nothing by it.

The rules are simple on this challenge "RUN WHAT YOU BRUNG". Mike would be a fool to change that rule and I for one would not want him to because we have proven that even a simpleton like me (with all legal functioning street safety requirements ) can find a nut once in a while and upset Ole' Goliath on a given day.

I did not know the history and i also would prefer to keep this as open as possible. I also kept my panties untwisted (although maybe riding up slightly) like you i see the beauty in participation from a wide range of people and cars.

Everyone loves Mr. Rogers but we are unsure about Forest!

Quote Originally Posted by adragon72 View Post
    Everyone loves Mr. Rogers but we are unsure about Forest!
    That's Mr Forest. LOL!

I love you guys, just saying!

I still call you all friends!!!

Shayne knows we are all just playing cause we cant keep up!

Steve, I tagged you in a news article on Facebook about speeders. You was the blur of a Cobra! Thought it was cool to see.
    1992 Mustang LX Coupe, 302, PA C4 and On3 70mm.
    1993 Reef Blue hatch, 347, 3550, and a kit.
    1992 Gould GT project...

Thanks brian. I will check it out.

Thread Information