Thread: Demons shipping

Demons shipping

I get at least 2 people per week saying they've seen a Demon Challenger on the road. I tell them they are mistaken as I just got official word that Demons began shipping November 10. I also know that Adam pac man Jones ordered one and paid for it already.

Did you see the Truckload of them that caught fire and burned up ???
    I believe 4 we're completely destroyed ...
    Aaron

F**K Photobucket !!!

Not sure on the validity of that. We have heard nothing on it. But yes, I saw that.

That's pretty cool Mike. Did you do any work on them? When does yours arrive?

Lol, no and not any time soon.

Bring 'em on. The bigger and heavier they are the harder they fall. LOL!

The have some really cool stuff from the factory.

"There’ll be real-time displays of supercharger intercooler coolant temperature, and the Demon will also have the option to set an After-Run Chiller which will continue to cool things down to a preset limit even after the car is shut off. Drivers will be able to set line-lock, rpm-adjustable launch control, and when the shift light flashes in the instrumentation on a per-gear basis. Read-outs for engine oil pressure and temperature, coolant temperature, transmission fluid temperature, intake air temperature, air-fuel ratio, intercooler coolant temperature, boost pressure, and battery voltage will all be offered, with the ability to graph them and record them for later review."

Never been a fan anything Chrysler except for the Viper, but the Demon is badass. The fender flares look kinda stupid though.
    2003 SVT Mustang Cobra
    11.40@124
    Pics, mods, track videos, other stuff..

The rest of the fleet:
    2019 Edge ST
    2015 Taurus SHO
    2013 SVT F150 Raptor

I liked the looks of the Hell Cat but Im not a big fan of the fender flares also.
    1992 Mustang LX Coupe, 302, PA C4 and On3 70mm.
    1993 Reef Blue hatch, 347, 3550, and a kit.
    1992 Gould GT project...

AC cooling for the IC fluid too. Factory transbrake. Factory EFI will take advantage of race fuel. Wonder if they'll be able to keep the IRS diff and half shafts intact when people turn up the wick with bigger blowers
    2003 SVT Mustang Cobra
    11.40@124

The rest of the fleet:
    2019 Edge ST
    2015 Taurus SHO
    2013 SVT F150 Raptor

Doubtful the rear will take much more than what it does on the high octane tune. In order to run the mid nine they advertise, you have to pay the buck for the crate and install the off road computer, the dash insert with high octane button and the skinnies. Car is amazing but since it still has a pos irs, I'm not really wanting to dump that kind of coin.

Given they are the OEM, there's really no reason they can't make a rear diff housing, gears, and half shafts that'll take 1500 HP wheels up launches all day long. When you have full control over the engineering of the car, you can make that happen.
    2003 SVT Mustang Cobra
    11.40@124

The rest of the fleet:
    2019 Edge ST
    2015 Taurus SHO
    2013 SVT F150 Raptor

They increased their torque handling capacity by 30% supposedly. Only so much you can do with that rear design and bot have to charge 150k for the car. Only 3k of them being made so all those manufacturing costs have to be spread across a very low number of cars.

Quote Originally Posted by NXcoupe View Post
    They increased their torque handling capacity by 30% supposedly. Only so much you can do with that rear design and bot have to charge 150k for the car. Only 3k of them being made so all those manufacturing costs have to be spread across a very low number of cars.
    Just enough created to cause a feeding frenzy among the boomer generation. You can bet they won't sell for sticker, to the general public. The Jay Leno's of the world will see to that. Anyone wanting one will pay premium plus would be my guess.

Dodge wants get into people's hands who will drive them. Between this and Hellcat the sale on the lower level Challengers have grown due to these Halo cars. Tesla is coming out with coupe that supposedly will run 8s. I really don't think people's reflexes are getting faster but it's a good time to see all these new cars post such good 1/4 mile times. I just hope the owners know how to control them.
    Joe

Thread Information