Thread: WARNING - HYDE PARK PARKING RIPOFF!!!!

WARNING - HYDE PARK PARKING RIPOFF!!!!

For decades, parking meters have been in place to indicate a paid parking spot. Signs are posted in legible red on white rectangular signs of any information, assistance, and/or opposition to normal hours of use to these paid parking spots. E.G. - No parking between 4am and 7am daily due to street cleaning. And one knows by the visible presence of that parking meter that he/she must feed that meter to avoid a ticket, unless there are hours stated on that meter in which street parking is otherwise free such as weekends downtown (or they used to be).

This past weekend I took my wife to a little place on Hyde park Square for lunch. We drove down Erie avenue to the Hyde Park Square and pulled into a parking spot. There was a post in front of the spot with no meter on it (nor any other parking spot in view). The only Parking advisory was a sign that forewarned NO PARKING 4am-7am for street cleaning. We got out, and went in. Upon returning to the car there is a $45.00 parking ticket on the windshield. What the heck? No meter, free parking! RIGHT? WRONG! Unbeknownst to us the city had added a new centrally located parking meter that you were to go to and feed. The meter then generated a ticket you would take back and place in your car on the dash in a visible spot for the meter bitch/dick to see. There is no indication on the entire block on either side of the street that a central meter is in place or that paid parking is still in effect.

Of course to contest the ticket I have to go downtown to the justice center, plead not guilty, and request a hearing, or plea my case on line (which I am sure would have even less fricking impact on the outcome) so I am stuck sending in $45 dollars to the city to pay the fine.

BEWARE! IF YOU SEE A PARKING SPOT IN CINCINNATI WHERE A METER ONCE WAS DON'T ASSUME IT IS FREE PARKING!!!! THE DICKS AT CITY HALL AREN'T SEEING FIT TO PROVIDING 411 ON THIS CHANGE AS IT ONLY LINES T HEIR POCKETS WITH MORE MONEY THROUGH FINES FROM PEOPLE WHO WOULD HAVE OTHERWISE HONORED THE PAID PARKING FEE HAD THEY KNOWN OF THE CHANGE.

MERRY CHRISTMAS HYDE PARK - May the fleas of 1000 camels infest you pubic region.

Ignorance of the Law is no excuse ...

Just Sayin' ...
    Aaron

F**K Photobucket !!!

Quote Originally Posted by k062693w View Post

Just Sayin' ...
    Misguided assumption I'll accept. Ignorance? No....thanks for playing though.

Just Sayin...
    Last edited by redfirepearlgt; 12-08-2017 at 02:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by k062693w View Post

Just Sayin' ...
    LOL

I had a similar experience a few years ago in Niagara Falls, Canada. Parking on the street had been free for many years. Pulled in after driving all the way there from Ohio, were starving and went to have some pizza. Came back to a big fat ticket. Mentioned it to a couple of store owners and they hated it-it was costing them business.
    2006 Premium GT Convertible
    Screaming Yellow, Black Top
    CORSA Performance Exhaust
    Koni STR.T Shocks & Struts
    5 Speed
    Satellite Radio
    Shaker 500 Audio System
    MGW Shifter
    6000K HID headlights
    Brenspeed 89 octane tune
    Verdestein Hypertyrac tires

Thread Information