Thread: Tell me about Stall Converters...

Threaded View

Tell me about Stall Converters...

The Circle D 258mm 2C (3200-3400 stall) is awaiting to go into the vehicle late winter to early spring. Since this is my first ever stall converter and I have only driven one old school vehicle with a stall converter in it (351C 4V with C6 and 3500 stall) I have little experience on what to expect aside from the obvious that the car will foot brake (according to Circle D) up to about 2700 and flash at 3200-3400 (their stall spec is based on flash stall). I get that. I also get that this will help the car out of the hole better where it really needs help. That's rather obvious even with my limited understanding.

So what I don't know is:

1.) How will the car react under normal driving compared to the factory converter? Will it want to move as soon as the brake is released at idle on level ground or will it need a throttle nudge?
    2.) Will the converter (3 clutch locking design Circle D not the 5 clutch option) transfer more power potentially to the ground than the factory stall?
    3.) Will it help pick up any on the big end of the track aside from helping the car leave better?

If more information is needed to answer these questions let me know. Thanks for any education you may be able to offer.
    Last edited by redfirepearlgt; 12-15-2017 at 01:13 PM.

Thread Information