Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Dirty Dozen Challenge List Discussion (Proposed Rule Changes)

Lightbulb 2018 Dirty Dozen Challenge List Discussion (Proposed Rule Changes)

Alright folks, this thread is to discuss rules and other matters for the Challenge List. Mike had asked towards the end of last season what you guys thought of the list and what, if any, changes you might like to see. I've been given a couple of suggestions that I'm going to throw out there and see what everyone's thought are so we can get the rules out. The rules don't have to change, if you decide ultimately that they stay the same then they will stay the same. The tracks will be opening soon so let's hash all of this out and get ready to do some racing!

Also, the hope is to get at least 3 shootouts going this year, as that seems to be where most of the action happens and everyone has a really good time. I know many of you have expressed concerns of running one of these at Kil Kare, but they are under new management, and I believe a couple of the team are what I'd call real "car guys", 2 of the 3 are on this site, so maybe we can get something going there at some point this year that they could help us out with and it won't be such a cluster #*$!?

Ok, here goes, one suggestion I got was to have it to where to get on the list you'd have to first challenge someone in spots 6-12 and beat them, once on the list, you could then challenge for any other spot. Another one was to make it where to get on you'd have to challenge someone in 6-12 and then beat them, 6-12 would kind of be a free for all to speak, in that, 12 can challenge 6 at any time, or say 11 challenges 7, but to get into the top 5, you can only challenge up to 2 spots above yours, so 7 could only challenge 5 to get there and 6 could challenge either 5 or 4. Once in the top 5 you can only challenge up to 2 spots above your current spot. Probably sounds kind of confusing but if you really look at it it's not as confusing as it sounds in written form. I think the one thing Mike would like to stay away from is having the 12 spot being a "gate keeper", so to speak, he's just not a fan of the concept. Anyway, give us some feedback, with your own ideas as well, and get everything worked out so we can get the rules posted. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by THE DOZEN MASTER View Post
    Alright folks, this thread is to discuss rules and other matters for the Challenge List. Mike had asked towards the end of last season what you guys thought of the list and what, if any, changes you might like to see. I've been given a couple of suggestions that I'm going to throw out there and see what everyone's thought are so we can get the rules out. The rules don't have to change, if you decide ultimately that they stay the same then they will stay the same. The tracks will be opening soon so let's hash all of this out and get ready to do some racing!

Also, the hope is to get at least 3 shootouts going this year, as that seems to be where most of the action happens and everyone has a really good time. I know many of you have expressed concerns of running one of these at Kil Kare, but they are under new management, and I believe a couple of the team are what I'd call real "car guys", 2 of the 3 are on this site, so maybe we can get something going there at some point this year that they could help us out with and it won't be such a cluster #*$!?

Ok, here goes, one suggestion I got was to have it to where to get on the list you'd have to first challenge someone in spots 6-12 and beat them, once on the list, you could then challenge for any other spot. Another one was to make it where to get on you'd have to challenge someone in 6-12 and then beat them, 6-12 would kind of be a free for all to speak, in that, 12 can challenge 6 at any time, or say 11 challenges 7, but to get into the top 5, you can only challenge up to 2 spots above yours, so 7 could only challenge 5 to get there and 6 could challenge either 5 or 4. Once in the top 5 you can only challenge up to 2 spots above your current spot. Probably sounds kind of confusing but if you really look at it it's not as confusing as it sounds in written form. I think the one thing Mike would like to stay away from is having the 12 spot being a "gate keeper", so to speak, he's just not a fan of the concept. Anyway, give us some feedback, with your own ideas as well, and get everything worked out so we can get the rules posted. Thanks!
    Huh?? Im calling Shayne out right now. So hows that work?
    http://stangbang.tripod.com/ Where all this began!
    http://stangbang.tripod.com/twisted/ Vinny
    1984 Mustang build @craig_btr on Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus View Post
    Huh?? Im calling Shayne out right now. So hows that work?
    Slow down there sparky! Lol
    #9 2011 Spring Street Car Shoutout

1991 Mini Tubed Mustang Coupe, in the works.
    351W base, PG, Stock Suspension chassis

Quote Originally Posted by THE DOZEN MASTER View Post
    I like this but I suggest 1 step moves only when challenging up once spot 6 is achieved. A person wanting on the list, who has a fast car, simply calls out 6. From there on it's one spot at a time. A person with a slower car wanting on the list challenges 9 and wins, he can challenge up to number 6 only but no higher. From 6 position up it's one spot challenges.

I like the idea of working up the list.

Quote Originally Posted by 2Fast4You View Post
    I like the idea of working up the list.
    HA! Dont be hiding behind no number.

2018 Dirty Dozen Challenge List Discussion (Proposed Rule Changes)

I think 1 or 2 steps up at a time in the top 5 makes sense. I am ok with however we vote to do that part. I think it will force guys to come out more to move up the list instead of waiting until september and call one guy out to get the position they want. I like it. And it will provide more racing. Also 3 shootouts sounds like a great idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    #2 - 2020 DD Challenge List

1997 Cobra - C heads, Cams, Sullivan intake, long tubes, homemade cai, 4.30, strange axles, e85, chromoly cage
    2000 Saleen S281SC - factory "stock"

Quote Originally Posted by S281SC View Post
    I think 1 or 2 steps up at a time in the top 5 makes sense. I am ok with however we vote to do that part. I think it will force guys to come out more to move up the list instead of waiting until september and call one guy out to get the position they want. I like it. And it will provide more racing. Also 3 shootouts sounds like a great idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I also like no less than three shootout rounds as required appearances and would up that to 6. Forces people to have to show up at least once a month to defend their spot or risk getting bumped clear off the list.
    Last edited by redfirepearlgt; 02-14-2018 at 08:15 PM.

Definitely needs to be a rule change somewhere. I defended my 6 spot atleast 3 times last season. Hanging in there by a thread. (Thanks steve) haha. An missed the shootout an now #11.

Shootouts would be the same format they've been woth the exception of newbs having to race 6 thru 12 to access the list. As Chad stated, this keeps people showing up to keep their spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus View Post
    HA! Dont be hiding behind no number.
    You're going to have to start from the beginning just like anyone else buddy, no fly by night BS here! Lol

Quote Originally Posted by 2Fast4You View Post
    You're going to have to start from the beginning just like anyone else buddy, no fly by night BS here! Lol
    HA! Ill just keep poking the bear until YOU want to RACE ME. Whatcha afraid of, its just a "Cams Only" Coyote build.

I wanna call out redfire!!

Quote Originally Posted by 10secvwbeetle View Post
    I wanna call out redfire!!
    Depends on the new rules. You may have to prove yourself by running a 6 or slower first. Personally I haven't seen you at the track enough to consider giving you that shot even if the rules stand as they are.
    Last edited by redfirepearlgt; 03-01-2018 at 02:47 PM.

I'm not interested in making the list. When I joined this site, you made a commitment about my screen name being 10secvwbeetle. You said 10 second beetle, you would have to see that. Well I'd love to show you.

Haha Justins beetle is pretty quick Chad!! He has been there a few times parked close to where we always are.
    1992 Mustang LX Coupe, 302, PA C4 and On3 70mm.
    1993 Reef Blue hatch, 347, 3550, and a kit.
    1992 Gould GT project...

Hopefully a little faster this year. 150lbs lighter, more compression, better heads. Going for a 6.50-6.60 this year.

You don't see me at EW much, because I mostly go to KK. KK might run a slow program, but there track is awesome!!

Kilkare should really do well this year with the new group of people running it. The track and the prep is so much better than E2O. I like the shade though that E2O has.

- - - Updated - - -

Hopefully a little faster this year. 150lbs lighter, more compression, better heads. Going for a 6.50-6.60 this year.
    That's impressive out of the little motor. I wish my junk ran that good!
    1992 Mustang LX Coupe, 302, PA C4 and On3 70mm.
    1993 Reef Blue hatch, 347, 3550, and a kit.
    1992 Gould GT project...

I'm not interested in making the list. When I joined this site, you made a COMMENT about my screen name being 10secvwbeetle. You said 10 second beetle, you would have to see that. Well I'd love to show you.
    Fixed it for you. Comment not commitment.

I've seen plenty of 10 second 1200 pound VW's. AZN's dungbeetle is likely even quicker than that. I enjoy seeing him eat big dollar cars up with it on Street Outlaws. That said, German Engineering in any form does nothing for me.

Yes I have seen your car sitting at E20 a time or two. I've not seen it run a 10 however. This is a mustang website. IT's not a VW website. You are MORE THAN WELCOME to be here. I am cool with that. But when you sign up as 10secvwbeetle expect to get slapped around a bit verbally. If I went to a Corvette website and signed up as 10secMUSTANGGT I would expect a pretty snotty welcome.

Enjoy the site.

Thread Information