Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How streetable is a powerglide?

Quote Originally Posted by S281SC View Post
    “If I cut it up I know I'll regret it. Haven't decided on a cage yet. I'm not sure how much I'm going to track it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    At this point it doesn't.matter if it's.on the track or street. With as much power as he's talking a cage is a safety factor on and off the track.
    2014 CTS V-sport
    2006-teen Black CCSB Powerstroke

Quote Originally Posted by S281SC View Post
    “If I cut it up I know I'll regret it. Haven't decided on a cage yet. I'm not sure how much I'm going to track it. “

This was in you build thread. And a couple other times you mentioned not doing a cage because you did not want to damage the special leather on the anniversary dash. Had not heard you post otherwise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I don't want to put a cage or a powerglide in it. I never said I wasn't going to. Looks like I don't have a choice if I want to use it. The only two guys I know with the exact same long block as me and a f1x made 1608rwhp and the other made 1610rwhp slightly after. I'm not going to call them a liar but I find it weird the second guy made 2hp more than the other guy. Taking the f1x dyno record. Mine might make 1100+rwhp or it might make 1600+rwhp. I don't have a answer. Even if I turned the boost down. The 6l80 may not live. No one's ever pushed them this far.
    Last edited by USMCPONY; 03-08-2018 at 08:54 PM.

Run the 6l80 and if or when it breaks, then decide. Enjoy the car some and be the first to push it that far. Get the car down the track and post them numbers, not dyno numbers someone else got with that setup. The car will be fast no doubt, but go prove it! Or at least drive it around and talk how much that setup has made.

Quote Originally Posted by exrider416 View Post
    Run the 6l80 and if or when it breaks, then decide. Enjoy the car some and be the first to push it that far. Get the car down the track and post them numbers, not dyno numbers someone else got with that setup. The car will be fast no doubt, but go prove it! Or at least drive it around and talk how much that setup has made.
    I thought about doing that. Then I'd be out of a $6500 transmission that I could sell abs recoup some money.

Ran a glide for awhile in my 95 gts, I loved it. I was running a 3.27 gear so revs weren't bad on the highway. I would've really liked it if I was making more power, it's 60' times were a little slow compared to my 4r70w/aod.

Quote Originally Posted by chad393na View Post
    Ran a glide for awhile in my 95 gts, I loved it. I was running a 3.27 gear so revs weren't bad on the highway. I would've really liked it if I was making more power, it's 60' times were a little slow compared to my 4r70w/aod.
    From what I hear you have to be light and make over 1000rwhp to really benefit from a glide. Otherwise a th400 would be better in my case.

Thread Information