Thread: Edgewater on 4/20/18

Edgewater on 4/20/18

Has anyone run at Edgewater this year? I was there last Friday night and my car was all over the place on the top end. I have a tuned 13 GT 6 spd running Hoosier QTPs on 15" Race Stars. My best time of the night was 12.50 @ 112.78 with a 1.83 60. My other 4 runs ended when I got out of the grove and slowed down. I've never experienced this before at Edgewater. Has anyone else had this issue at Edgewater??
    95 Mustang GT
    Only 9,900 miles
    3.73s, pulleys, BBK coldair, SLP LM1 and a B&M shifter

Was a thread posted a couple weeks ago about how HORRIBLE the track is this year.
    I read about it multiple places.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J326AZ using Tapatalk

Yep the track sucks... It needs some love for sure!
    1992 Mustang LX Coupe, 302, PA C4 and On3 70mm.
    1993 Reef Blue hatch, 347, 3550, and a kit.
    1992 Gould GT project...

Apparently they didn't bother doing a thorough clean up after the last flood. It's a dirtbag move to let anyone race there in those conditions.
    Rick

Rick90lx@yahoo-dot-com
    6.27625 liters of turbocharged goodness

There is a complete book from NHRA on car safety requirements. Are there no safety regulations an NHRA track is held to with regard to track surface conditions? I'm not speaking of prep conditions, I am speaking of foreign object debris (aka FOD in the Naval Aviation world), surface deterioration (due to age and wear), and other conditions such as dirt on the track from environmental /weather activity/incidents which make the track unsafe. If a car blows oil down the track the track is required to clean the spill in the interest of safety as I understand it. Why would they not be responsible for clearing the track of dirt and other debris that can create unsafe conditions? They shut the track down when it starts to rain. We sign a waiver to race at out own risk, BUT that is on the understanding that the track is maintained in a specific minimal condition and free of ALL debris such as dirt, dust, car parts, moisture, oil, coolant, trans fluid, grease, etc.

Then again E20 may no longer be held to NHRA track safety since no major events are held there these days? IDK.

Dick don't give a shit. He's like the honey badger...
    1992 Gould GT project...

Quote Originally Posted by draggin50 View Post
    Dick don't give a shit. He's like the honey badger...
    That's nothing new in news. I've never heard anyone say anything kind toward the man. Age 8 to 80 everyone I have met who has ever met him, known him, or in any way been associated with him and E20 have overwhelmingly stated that fact.

Maybe someday it will change. Sad part is, if the attendance falls off and money goes away, he will just sell out and it will become a stone quarry. All we can hope is someone with a gearhead background will pick up TriState and make a cool place to race...
    1992 Gould GT project...

Heard someone was upset with Edgewater after they hit the wall just past the starting line so they beat the bulbs out of the tree with his helmet... Its only a matter of time before someone gets seriously hurt there.
    1992 Gould GT project...

Anyone for a round of golf? I am ramping up to pull the clubs out of hibernation, hit the range to see if my out of shape body can still swing a club and then take a few lesson (for the first time in my life) at the local driving range and start hitting the links. The stall converter is in the car and ready for test hits, but I've decided to take it back out and start putting the car back to a more street worthy condition.

Golf??? I like sports that require more than 1 ball!

Your car would be streetable with the new converter Im sure. Hell, Tony still drives his.
    1992 Gould GT project...

Your car would be streetable with the new converter Im sure. Hell, Tony still drives his.
    Its in. I hate the way it drives. I expected the same shifting with just a higher stall. That was my opinion of "near stock". Apparently their idea of near stock is a lot different than mine. Either way the only way to get it dialed in is to make passes and since Edgewater has gone in the crapper and I won't be goin back nay time soon, its just as easy to yank it back out and go back to the stock setup which was running optimal for what I had. Had I been wiser and knowing what I know now, I would have simply geared down to a 331 vice the 315 since all I was seeking was a lower 60ft to find that 10.7x.

I'm getting back in touch with Finishline this week to take it in. I'll have Brian take a ride with me and assess the concnern I have elsewhere and then make a final decision from there. Either way as I mentioned I am missing having a gear shift knob in my hand again and with there being no safe track near me and I have no intention on buying an F250 diesel anda car hauler to drive to KK or Muncie, or Clay City, my racing days are pretty much done.

[QUOTE=draggin50;818115]Golf??? I like sports that require more than 1 ball!

I enjoy golf... but the way i play takes a lot more than two balls.... i play from woods on the right to water on the left to sand in the middle and pretty much any other hazard they put there for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    #2 - 2020 DD Challenge List

1997 Cobra - C heads, Cams, Sullivan intake, long tubes, homemade cai, 4.30, strange axles, e85, chromoly cage
    2000 Saleen S281SC - factory "stock"

[QUOTE=S281SC;818121]

I enjoy golf... but the way i play takes a lot more than two balls.... i play from woods on the right to water on the left to sand in the middle and pretty much any other hazard they put there for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Two benefits from golf of that type: 1.) You find more golf balls in the woods than you hit in there. 2.) Playing more of the course just assures you are getting your full money's worth. LOL!

Oh and you can golf in the rain. You can't race in the rain.

GOLF................ Yuck I say!!!!

Chad, you sure you don't need a Corvette already??? Done racing.......... You cant say that!
    1992 Gould GT project...

[QUOTE=draggin50;818123]GOLF................ Yuck I say!!!!

Chad, you sure you don't need a Corvette already??? Done racing.......... You cant say that![/QUOTE

Took the car down to a cruise in Saturday morning. Parked it in an open spot in the middle of group of 4 Corvettes. Told them I was there to lower the over all average car value. Had a good time with those old guys. I told them there is no shame to losing to a Corvette. They agreed. I told them that there is however a lot of shame losing in your corvette to a Mustang. They agreed even more. We had a great time.........until the slight chance of rain arrived.

I've played golf since before I could drive. It's teh sport that brought dad and me together. SO it will always hold a special place for me. I stopped playing when I started going to the track. No time for both.

Well I guess in that case, enjoy the golf!!! I couldn't hit a ball if I had too.
    1992 Gould GT project...

Well I guess in that case, enjoy the golf!!! I couldn't hit a ball if I had too.
    Neither can I for the most part, but there's nothing like walking a golf course next to your dad and talking about life. Quiet, birds flying around, grass everywhere, woods to hunt golf balls in, deer, geese, lakes, and dear ole dad.

The only time I was on a golf course, We threw a couple port a pots into the pond... Might have got in a little trouble!!!
    1992 Gould GT project...

Thread Information