Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Back in the Saddle - 92 LX Notch

thanks!

Yes the kit did convert it to a 26 spline.

All new timken bearings, 1-4 G-Force gears, blocking rings, 1-2 and 3-4 sliders, fork pads, rear bearing billet plate reinforcement a few other items as well + labor to install the total was $2500... after multiple quotes and shopping around for a few weeks on several different options it feels like I got the most I could for the money and meets my future plans.
    Last edited by Frisby5.0; 08-03-2019 at 11:44 AM.
    1992 Wild Strawberry Notch - Current
    2007 Black GT Premium - 2nd
    1991 Wild Strawberry GT - 1st

Quote Originally Posted by redfirepearlgt View Post
    ^^^ Man its good to see yet another charter member making a return to the site. Awesome man. Hope to see more OG blood return.

Now in classic SBZ fashion - !!!
    Finally uploaded some to Photobucket! recent pics attached.

Transmission installed today, all systems functioning and was able to take it for a test drive... 1st through 3rd are definitely whiny and it was a bit warm around the tunnel, I suspect that is due to the more aggressive gear design.... anyone else have any experience with G-force gears?

Next step is to take by the transmission shop for a test drive it since they put it together... hope all is good with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Frisby5.0 View Post
    Transmission installed today, all systems functioning and was able to take it for a test drive... 1st through 3rd are definitely whiny and it was a bit warm around the tunnel, I suspect that is due to the more aggressive gear design.... anyone else have any experience with G-force gears?

Next step is to take by the transmission shop for a test drive it since they put it together... hope all is good with it.
    The Gforce trans I've had in the dyno were def noisey. I have built several T5s with the A5 gearset from Astro and they are noisey due to a straightening of the helix and thicker teeth on the gears. However, you will never break it. I've got a few coupes, love the body style. Yours is beautiful. Sounds like you have a great plan laid out for it. Please check your torque boxes and replace those southsides with something with urethane bushings in them instead. Jmho. I've seen a lot of nice cars have their torque boxes destroyed by ssm lift bars. They have no give to them, so the sheetmetal flexes instead.

Quote Originally Posted by NXcoupe View Post
    The Gforce trans I've had in the dyno were def noisey. I have built several T5s with the A5 gearset from Astro and they are noisey due to a straightening of the helix and thicker teeth on the gears. However, you will never break it. I've got a few coupes, love the body style. Yours is beautiful. Sounds like you have a great plan laid out for it. Please check your torque boxes and replace those southsides with something with urethane bushings in them instead. Jmho. I've seen a lot of nice cars have their torque boxes destroyed by ssm lift bars. They have no give to them, so the sheetmetal flexes instead.
    Thanks! And thanks for the info on the g force, definitely good to know and glad to hear it’s worked well for someone else... I’m definitely planning to take care of the torque boxes, that was my concern too when I got the car and saw the SSM lowers, they’re still in good shape at this point. Not making enough power to tear them up yet...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just normal driving will destroy the torque boxes using those ca, unfortunately. In stock form, the unequal length ca move both up and down and in sort of an eleiptical orbit side to side. The ca you have don't allow the side to side and the torque boxes flex to allow the normal range of movement. Hope that makes sense. Easier to explain inperson than typing. Lol.

latest updates - after the transmission upgrade decided to slow it down a little and do some more fundamental upgrades before going hog wild on the motor... but have been collecting parts slowly

new upgrades:
    Mishimoto dual electric fan
    Steeda double adjust uppers, with spherical bushing
    Fixed some stock components to bring it back to fully functioning street car - new A/C compressor, and wiper motor (can now drive in the rain on a hot summer day.
    PA Racing K-member kit, with A-arms, coil-overs, caster camber - in-process still waiting on parts

Parts collected for engine so far: (winter 2020/2021)
    - Victor Jr heads with 1.6 rockers
    - Victor Jr. Intake
    - 30 lb. injectors
    - Comp cams push rods
    - refurb'd C&L 30lb. MAF
    - Andersen Ford B31HR Camshaft 2300-6500 rpm range
    - Aeromotive 340 LPH pump
    - Canton deep sump oil pan w/ pickup
    - Ford racing timing chain
    - Ford racing HV oil pump, upgraded driveshaft
    - DSS main girdle
    - Crane Fireball high energy ignition
    - MSD wires, cap and rotor, NGK plugs

Special thanks to Mustangboy for selling me some good parts (heads, intake, push rods and injectors)

Sounds like a solid set up is coming! Im sure it will be night and day difference! Especially the A/C!
    1992 Mustang LX Coupe, 302, PA C4 and On3 70mm.
    1993 Reef Blue hatch, 347, 3550, and a kit.
    1992 Gould GT project...

Jmho, but lose the HV oil pump and run a std volume. HV is a chevy thing. Fords don't need it. It'll wear the cam and dist gears from the added load. Again, jmho. Everything else sounds good.

Back in the Saddle - 92 LX Notch

Quote Originally Posted by NXcoupe View Post
    Jmho, but lose the HV oil pump and run a std volume. HV is a chevy thing. Fords don't need it. It'll wear the cam and dist gears from the added load. Again, jmho. Everything else sounds good.
    Interesting, I never used one before, but was reading and talking to some folks that said it wouldn’t be a bad thing to do... at min I was figuring I at least need an upgraded shaft ... thanks for the info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Information