Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: So much for Golf!!!

Nice car chad . Can’t wait to see it in person.
    87 T-Top gt(sold)
    93 Cobra (blk/grey)(sold)
    96 Cobra (blk/blk)(sold)
    93 Gt(put out to pasture)
    93 Cobra #4084(sold)
    2010 kona blue gt(sold)
    2013 ghig gt
    2018 kona blue gt

Thanks...

It won't go 9's like some, but it did make 627RHWP/502T @ 7800RPM on some questionable 93 gas. The 7500 RPM pull generated quite a bit of knock down low though the car came back on the top end of the curve and made 614/485 as I recall. The 7800 pull was a lot better with a minimal amount of knock in the same general point on the curve but again was peaked at 18.5 degree (tuners ceiling advance on the tune) with 0.0 knock on the WOT pull resulting in the final numbers. Trims were solid, AFR was solid, everything else looked good on both pulls so that likely points to winter grade fuel or that the same fuel I was running in the 14 at a little less boost and less stock compression isn't as compliant in this setup. So will source 93 elsewhere for the future.

Not a shocker value on the numbers but about what I expected. No idea what the car was making on the original tune. Don't care. It was all about drive ability. Still some tweaking on the shift, has a little flare but drives smooth as silk otherwise.

Should run good!

That's still impressive numbers and I think you will be surprised at how it runs. Only one way to find out!!!
    1992 Mustang LX Coupe, 302, PA C4 and On3 70mm.
    1993 Reef Blue hatch, 347, 3550, and a kit.
    1992 Gould GT project...

Nice Chad! Where did you have it tuned? 7800 is a screaming amount rpms.
    Joe

Wait you bought a s550 ��. Jk congrats on the new ride.
    2006 Mustang GT "Shirley" sold 11.37
    2011 Mustang GT "Ashley" Bone stock?

Quote Originally Posted by PKFIRE View Post
    Nice Chad! Where did you have it tuned? 7800 is a screaming amount rpms.
    Hey Joe, I worked with Palm Beach Dyno and remote tuned. Did the initial idle, sweep, and drive datalogs for fuel and air, and then took it over to Finishline and had Brian assist me on the rollers for the 6K, 75.K, and 7.8K WOT datalogs. Just need to do a little driving in it now to address some flare in the shifts. Otherwise it's pretty much done. Ken B and Rob S down there really have done a nice job with respect to my initial impression. I haven't had a chance to really lay into it WOT to see where it shifts at but as I understand it they tune WOT shifts on the S550 at 7700.

Quote Originally Posted by firestang70 View Post
    Wait you bought a s550 ��. Jk congrats on the new ride.
    Your right. Egg on my face. I deserve that. Guess its my midlife crisis stirring? At least it's a coupe. LOL! It took a while for this body to grow on me. I still refer to it as a Eurostang. The back end has always been appealing on them for me. The forged rotating assembly factory? The bigger selling point. The fact it was already SC'd and only needed retuned OH, and definitely needs some different pipes on it (ROUSH YUCK!) AND the wheels from the 14 are a direct swap helped even more.

They are great cars.

Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    They are great cars.
    What does PBD have your car idling at in DRIVE? ANy issues with the 2-3 shift dragging out under light - med throttle up?

Roush exhaust on a Coyote isn’t a good match in my book. I would see if Brian has a stock 18 exhaust. It is louder and more aggressive than 15-17 but still very civil and no drone.
    2006 Mustang GT "Shirley" sold 11.37
    2011 Mustang GT "Ashley" Bone stock?

Quote Originally Posted by firestang70 View Post
    Roush exhaust on a Coyote isn’t a good match in my book. I would see if Brian has a stock 18 exhaust. It is louder and more aggressive than 15-17 but still very civil and no drone.
    I fully agree Dale. I hate Roush exhaust. However the 18 exhaust is a quad tip setup and the 15-17 is dual tip. I am going to put an AWE exhaust on it. H-pipes are the cats meow on Coyote's with the change in firing order (same as on the old Ford flat head V 8's) and the AWE has a lower tone to it as well as sound cancelling tech on the drone in the 2000 RPM range under cruising load. While the Roush does not drone it is obnoxious. I ran it on the 14 only because it did not drone until I took the cats (only the second car I ever did that with and will never do again) off and then I went with GT500 factory mufflers with the H pipe.

I like obnoxious!!!!

And so don't my neighbors!!!
    1992 Mustang LX Coupe, 302, PA C4 and On3 70mm.
    1993 Reef Blue hatch, 347, 3550, and a kit.
    1992 Gould GT project...

Quote Originally Posted by redfirepearlgt View Post
    What does PBD have your car idling at in DRIVE? ANy issues with the 2-3 shift dragging out under light - med throttle up?
    Idles at 700 in drive. No issue with shifting at all

Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Idles at 700 in drive. No issue with shifting at all
    Thanks. Sent a ton of data logs to Rob yesterday. May end up taking it over to Brandon since he has worked closely with them on your car and others and pay him to finish working with Rob/ken on the drive ability issues on the car. Will see what kind of response I get this week. Either way the car drive much better cruising than it did. Thanks for getting back. Brandon was booked out so I chose to do it myself and just pay Brian to make the WOT pulls while I logged.

Drivability with stock converter should be a non issue. They can get it fixed up quickly. Shoot me a text with any questions you may have.

Will do. Thanks.

Got an appointment working to get the car over to Brandon to do the polish work on the tune with PBD. Just some minor tweaking of the shifting, getting the DFCO activated (Mike said some prefer it on to create that old carb decel sound while others prefer it off for a more smooth decel tone and to save fuel), and resolve the high idle. Nothing that can't be worked out between Brandon and the guys down there. I just don't speak the lingo well enough via email to express what needs addressing in spite of trying and sending datalogs.

Regardless the car does drive so much better than it did when I first purchased it. So it's getting better. Loading a tune on these S550's can really be a pain. Takes a good 7 minutes if nothing hangs up. I chose to put a charger on the car while loading and disabled the IC pump as well. Half the time when a load does take you still have to reteach crank relearn to clear P0315 CEL that pops up. If the tune fails to take you may be forced to flash the car back to stock and then try yet again. Miss the old 14 in that regard. Once it's set, I ain't messing with it again.

U got some bizarre issues with your stuff Chad.

Thread Information