Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: It's about time 03 Cobra VMP 2.3 Supercharger

Man I wish I had your motivation!!! You don't mess around!
    1992 Mustang LX Coupe, 302, PA C4 and On3 70mm.
    1993 Reef Blue hatch, 347, 3550, and a kit.
    1992 Gould GT project...

I would have given you a deal on my TVS with the VMP TB. The swap is very easy, took me just over 2 hrs. My car was Tuned by Adam Maurer, best pass on pump was 10.48@ 134. Best pass to date is a 10.42 @ 134.
    03 Terminator, stock with a VMP TVS, 80# injectors, SCT BA3000, 599.1 HP 569 tq, tuned by Adam Maurer @ S&M Motorsports. 10.42@134 mph.

Quote Originally Posted by draggin50 View Post
    Man I wish I had your motivation!!! You don't mess around!
    I have a desk job... I look forward all day to this! I may make imaginary ratchet noises at my desk when I think about my car. I’m not entirely sure,haha.
    Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Evolved View Post
    I would have given you a deal on my TVS with the VMP TB. The swap is very easy, took me just over 2 hrs. My car was Tuned by Adam Maurer, best pass on pump was 10.48@ 134. Best pass to date is a 10.42 @ 134.
    I didn’t know you were considering to sell. Are you planning on upgrading? You actually helped convince me on getting one because you ran so well on pump gas.
    Joe

Good stuff, I've always wanted to put a roots blower on something, they sound awesome!
    Rick

Rick90lx@yahoo-dot-com
    6.27625 liters of turbocharged goodness

Quote Originally Posted by PKFIRE View Post
    I have a desk job... I look forward all day to this! I may make imaginary ratchet noises at my desk when I think about my car. I’m not entirely sure,haha.
    Haha!!! That's the little things that get us through the day!!
    1992 Gould GT project...

I may go turbo or centrifugal, not sure what I want to do yet, or if I even keep the car or not. My car did run some good times for pump, I need to work on the back suspension, I have the mph now I just need to get the et to match the mph.
    03 Terminator, stock with a VMP TVS, 80# injectors, SCT BA3000, 599.1 HP 569 tq, tuned by Adam Maurer @ S&M Motorsports. 10.42@134 mph.

It’s bolted and ready to drop into the car.
    Joe

You're making quick work of it!
    1992 Gould GT project...

These young motivated in-ju-nere guys........They just gitter done.

How much boost/timing and what kind of fuel do you plan on running?

My Gen 1 Whipple best time is in my sig. That was on 15~16 psi, pump gas and drag radials, not power shifting either.
    2003 SVT Mustang Cobra
    11.40@124
    Pics, mods, track videos, other stuff..

The rest of the fleet:
    2019 Edge ST
    2015 Taurus SHO
    2013 SVT F150 Raptor

93 oct, not sure about timing and such. 2.8” upper which translates to 19 psi but that could be different since of my exhaust system. I only made 12.5 psi with ported blower with an 2.7 upper.

That’s a good time! What drag radials btw?
    Last edited by PKFIRE; 11-08-2018 at 03:43 PM.
    Joe

Quote Originally Posted by redfirepearlgt View Post
    These young motivated in-ju-nere guys........They just gitter done.
    I just worked on it an hour last night. Probably another hour tonight and probably finish the rest this weekend. I still have the heat exchanger to install. My biggest worry is getting the supercharger in the engine bay by myself.
    Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Gearhead View Post
    Nice upgrade for sure !! I picked up a 2.3 TVS last November during a Black Friday sale....I just need some motivation to install on my 04. This thread definitely helps !!
    I was trying to get the 25 percent off deal last November but I missed out,lol. I finally pulled the trigger in September. I’ll do some work this week on it. I have a larger heat exchanger going in. I’m not sure if you are keeping or deleting your egr but either way it hopefully is the hardest part. I heard lining the egr upto the blower isn’t the easiest. My ported swap wasn’t bad but after reading the struggle I just decided to delete the egr to save any clearance issues on the vmp.
    I was the lucky winner of that 25% off deal.....a bunch of guys were really really pissed off about it, since they only sold 1 at that price, even though they had some good deals going at the time. I will probably delete the EGR....but haven't decided yet.
    Are you following any type of instructions, or just kinda winging it ? Finding the free time is the hardest part for me.

You are really moving along on it !!
    Last edited by Gearhead; 11-08-2018 at 04:09 PM.
    -----------------------------------------
    Scott
    93 Coupe
    66 Fastback

I just worked on it an hour last night. Probably another hour tonight and probably finish the rest this weekend. I still have the heat exchanger to install. My biggest worry is getting the supercharger in the engine bay by myself.
    Well give me a holler and we can make that happen. That piece weighs about 80 pounds or so. You could separate the intake from the head unit to split the weight up, but then that's twice the work. PM me and I'll send you my number.

Quote Originally Posted by Gearhead View Post
    I was the lucky winner of that 25% off deal.....a bunch of guys were really really pissed off about it, since they only sold 1 at that price, even though they had some good deals going at the time. I will probably delete the EGR....but haven't decided yet.
    Are you following any type of instructions, or just kinda winging it ? Finding the free time is the hardest part for me.
    I installed a ported blower into the car awhile ago so it’s not entirely a new job to me. I’ve been following torque specs and patterns with info I found online. I was nervous last night tightening the blower to intake bolts because last step you put a 90 deg turn after torquing the bolts to 18ft-lbs and your threading into aluminum. I’m trying to decide if I just rearrange the stock vacuum hosing or purchase new hose for the EGR delete. Glad you got the deal. It was a great price on the blower. It’s pretty straight forward to do. Just take your time and recheck what you have done. I put my bolts in magnetic bowls to make sure I don’t loose any.

Well give me a holler and we can make that happen. That piece weighs about 80 pounds or so. You could separate the intake from the head unit to split the weight up, but then that's twice the work. PM me and I'll send you my number.
    Oh cool, I’ll let you know if I can’t find anyone or anyway to lift it. I will pm you just because I’ve lost your number.
    Joe

I installed a ported blower into the car awhile ago so it’s not entirely a new job to me. I’ve been following torque specs and patterns with info I found online. I was nervous last night tightening the blower to intake bolts because last step you put a 90 deg turn after torquing the bolts to 18ft-lbs and your threading into aluminum. I’m trying to decide if I just rearrange the stock vacuum hosing or purchase new hose for the EGR delete. Glad you got the deal. It was a great price on the blower. It’s pretty straight forward to do. Just take your time and recheck what you have done. I put my bolts in magnetic bowls to make sure I don’t loose any.

Oh cool, I’ll let you know if I can’t find anyone or anyway to lift it. I will pm you just because I’ve lost your number.
    I've lost your as well Joe. LOL! Or I would have called you! Signs we're all gettin old.

I've lost your as well Joe. LOL! Or I would have called you! Signs we're all gettin old.
    I haven’t called you since I got my new job and that was almost 5 years ago. Really need to get a get together here. Looks like people are still racing and building on here. I remember when Stangbangerz would pack an event. Anyway hope to see you and your new ride soon.
    Joe

Id love to do another QS&L or Middletown Frickers cruise. Food, cars, and friends!!! Cant go wrong!
    1992 Gould GT project...

So my engine hoist wasn’t long enough. So I added a double box end to add enough length to drop the supercharger in. Thanks for offer to help Chad.

Brian let’s definitely get something together! It would be a great time!
    Joe

Thread Information