Thread: Project Ghost Ryder...

Threaded View

Project Ghost Ryder...

As many know, I fell victim to jumping on the S550 band wagon last fall and picked up a blown 17GT premium that has more geek crap on it than a Cadillac. Backup camera, Navigation, heated and cooled seats, his/hers climate control, leather, lame mans 6R80, etc. The car made 627RWHP on the current tune. So that makes it the low man on the totem pole in the SBZ - S550 crowd to the best of my knowledge......or at least the lowest FI setup.

Plans next week include retuning with Lund through Finishline Performance and going with an Ngage unit. My old tuner from VMP showed up there and with the great success I had working with Alex at VMP Performance I chose to stick with what works. So Brian will be tuning with John Jr and Alex next on the 6th. Just looking to improve on the auto strategy under normal driving. Nothing more to say on that topic.

Also picked up a Solo cat back exhaust system for better than half price and it will go on while there. Looks like a slightly used version of below. The previous owner put a Xpipe and ROush axle back exhaust on it that just sounds like shit. Sorry but that is what it sounds like to me. So raspy and trumpety and YUK!
    Can;t wait to hear this car with a deeper note system like the Solo on it. Was going to go wit han AWE system that uses a similar drone concelling technology but got too good a deal on this to say no.

Since the rear suspension has never been addressed I picked up the beginnings of what is known as "Kelly's IRS coctail" if I stated that correctly. BMR Cradle Bushing lockout kit Level 2, Lower control Arm Bearing Kit, and vertical links

can't have boost without a boost gauge so....

And just tonight came across this steel of a deal on a brand new, open box, never installed WHipple Oversized Heat Exchanger to address a better cntrol on IAT temps for this summer.

Now if I can just find me a 17x9.5 rear wheel setup and a pair of 28" DR's at a decent price.
    Last edited by redfirepearlgt; 02-25-2019 at 09:00 PM.

Thread Information