Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Project Ghost Ryder...

Project Ghost Ryder...

As many know, I fell victim to jumping on the S550 band wagon last fall and picked up a blown 17GT premium that has more geek crap on it than a Cadillac. Backup camera, Navigation, heated and cooled seats, his/hers climate control, leather, lame mans 6R80, etc. The car made 627RWHP on the current tune. So that makes it the low man on the totem pole in the SBZ - S550 crowd to the best of my knowledge......or at least the lowest FI setup.

Plans next week include retuning with Lund through Finishline Performance and going with an Ngage unit. My old tuner from VMP showed up there and with the great success I had working with Alex at VMP Performance I chose to stick with what works. So Brian will be tuning with John Jr and Alex next on the 6th. Just looking to improve on the auto strategy under normal driving. Nothing more to say on that topic.

Also picked up a Solo cat back exhaust system for better than half price and it will go on while there. Looks like a slightly used version of below. The previous owner put a Xpipe and ROush axle back exhaust on it that just sounds like shit. Sorry but that is what it sounds like to me. So raspy and trumpety and YUK!
    Can;t wait to hear this car with a deeper note system like the Solo on it. Was going to go wit han AWE system that uses a similar drone concelling technology but got too good a deal on this to say no.

Since the rear suspension has never been addressed I picked up the beginnings of what is known as "Kelly's IRS coctail" if I stated that correctly. BMR Cradle Bushing lockout kit Level 2, Lower control Arm Bearing Kit, and vertical links

can't have boost without a boost gauge so....

And just tonight came across this steel of a deal on a brand new, open box, never installed WHipple Oversized Heat Exchanger to address a better cntrol on IAT temps for this summer.

Now if I can just find me a 17x9.5 rear wheel setup and a pair of 28" DR's at a decent price.
    Last edited by redfirepearlgt; 02-25-2019 at 09:00 PM.

Looks like some of us better step up our game to keep up with the S550 cars and the 2, 9 second bandits with both cars!! Sounds like we will have a good year of racing and hanging out!

Cant wait to see the car in person! Sounds like its going to be a real fun ride.
    1992 Mustang LX Coupe, 302, PA C4 and On3 70mm.
    1993 Reef Blue hatch, 347, 3550, and a kit.
    1992 Gould GT project...

Hopefully it will be a 10 second car all the time and not just some of the time. Makes about 85-90 more than the 14 did, but a few more pounds are on it as well. So who knows. I am letting this one ring out to 7800 at shift point rather than 7300 on the 14. So that may help as well. Just seeking to help the list find that 9.99 avg this year. Not gunning for the challenge list. just some leave late passes for a PB attempt.

I think you'll be surprised at how it does. Those cars are very impressive!
    1992 Gould GT project...

Quote Originally Posted by redfirepearlgt View Post
    Hopefully it will be a 10 second car all the time and not just some of the time. Makes about 85-90 more than the 14 did, but a few more pounds are on it as well. So who knows. I am letting this one ring out to 7800 at shift point rather than 7300 on the 14. So that may help as well. Just seeking to help the list find that 9.99 avg this year. Not gunning for the challenge list. just some leave late passes for a PB attempt.
    It's gonna run good!!! I have a set of Forgestar F14 17x10 with like new 305-45-17 mt et street r's I may sell. LMK

Depends on price. Shoot me one. I was considering the JMS 17x10's (polished) rims at 192 a piece from lethal and then mount 305's on them. Got Brian at FL keeping an eye open as well.

PS - photos on my little phone (you refer to it as a door stop) are hard to see. I was barely able to make them out. Doesn't really matter much. I just want to make a pass once in a while. I'll run the street front 20's.

All these Fancy pants Mustangs running low 10s high 9s with all the creature comforts and Im over here with a shit box, no AC, No PS, No PWRWindows, Non heated and cooled seats, Non Satellite having Foxbody trying for mid 10s.

Post up some vids when ya get the exhaust installed!
    http://stangbang.tripod.com/ Where all this began!
    http://stangbang.tripod.com/twisted/ Vinny
    1984 Mustang build @craig_btr on Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus View Post
    All these Fancy pants Mustangs running low 10s high 9s with all the creature comforts and Im over here with a shit box, no AC, No PS, No PWRWindows, Non heated and cooled seats, Non Satellite having Foxbody trying for mid 10s.

Post up some vids when ya get the exhaust installed!

Man you're killing me! ROL! Seems I remember a certain G8 in burnt orange that was supposed to get some work done sometime back. What ever happened to that awesome looking ride? Keep in mind your "struggling' for mid 10'd NA, and I am hoping for a mid ten (and likely the boot from the track as well) in a boosted setup with an 2 pedal. I'll post up an exhaust clip when its done. I hate this Roush exhaust so badly. Can't wait for it to be off. Sure wish Ford had also retained the classic firing order used on Mustangs pre Coyote. Car just has an over all better sound IMHO. There's a guy locally running around near my house with a 97-98 white Cobra with Flow masters on it that just sounds awesome. And then on warm days I hear Ole POPSFUN roll by in his setup. love the sound of those engines.

Good to hear you have the track bug still. Best of luck this year with your new ride!
    Joe

Thanks Joe. I just hope we have some dry Friday and Saturdays this year. Last year was just one big fat rain fest. Depressed the crap out of me. All I pray for every summer is rain Mon-Thur and a dry weekend. LOL!

That would be nice!!! Last year was a bust due to rain. I think I went 3 times all together. Hopefully this year is different.
    1992 Gould GT project...

If that makes you the low man on the totem pole I must not be on it lol
    89 GT AUTO < WTF WAS I THINKING?

Should be mid 10sec car no prob.

Tune completed aside from a track pass for verifying and tweeking the shift points. I am never buying another automatic to modify again. Car made 631RWHP on a 7500 RPM pull on the same dyno. Forget the torque number. Pick it up Friday. Will post a video clip of exhaust note at some point. New exhaust is on and sounds very nice. Has a very nice GT500 exhaust tone to it, but can get loud real quick.

Hope everyone has a nice and safe summer.

Just don't care for auto? Or was there a tuning issue? Track logs are def needed for the auto.

Yeah Ive never heard any complaints about the automatic.
    1992 Gould GT project...

Tuner usually needs logs of wide open shifts, not ideal on Dyno.

I can't wait to hear it. There's a guy at work that has a horrible sounding exhaust on his. He loves it though, so I guess there's that.
    Rick

Rick90lx@yahoo-dot-com
    6.27625 liters of turbocharged goodness

Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Just don't care for auto? Or was there a tuning issue? Track logs are def needed for the auto.
    Autos take more time to dial in and verify. Haven't got a setup yet to make a pass to verify the 1-2, 2-3 WOT shifts. Was finally able to get a good enough surface temp the other day to ease into a 3rd gear pull and go WOT to verify the 3-4 shift hit right on 7800 as it should.

Takes more logging and soforth to get an auto shifting correctly on the 6R80 and newer. They are great but takes some time. The 14 took 4 Fridays at the track and 4 revisions to get the shifts dialed in. After additional mods that year total revisions were 9 as I recall.

I am missing a shifter in my hand for street driving. I want a stick shift on the next car because I may try to tune through HP tuner or Pro Racer myself. Plus there isn't the need to verify/tweek the tune for shift points obviously so a lot less time and hassle in the tuning even if I don't do it on my own. A 2014 GT500 has been my ultimate dream. The prices are coming closer to my budget and hopefully with the 2020 GT500 out a lot of big hitters will ditch their barely driven 13/14 GT500's for the 2020 and flood the market with them so the price comes down a little quicker.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick93coupe View Post
    I can't wait to hear it. There's a guy at work that has a horrible sounding exhaust on his. He loves it though, so I guess there's that.
    Its a little deeper and a bit louder tone (without drone) than the classic offroad H and GT500 axle back or Magnaflow touring (defe w/o the drone) deep note on a Coyote in a 11-14GT. Way better suonding that the raspy Roush exhaust with their X-pipe.

Thread Information