Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: What happened to this place ?

What happened to this place ?

I remember when Vinny first passed There were so many people online countless and countless items for sale. Everybody was always meeting up at wings and rings going to Quaker steak and lube. There was nothing but fox body stuff front to back on this page do you think the S550 killed the want for info and parts?
    89 GT AUTO < WTF WAS I THINKING?

Other forms of Social Media (Facebook mainly) made a lot of Forums obsolete.

When Vinny (Heart of this place) passed, there was a huge hole that no one could fill and SBZ kinda died when he did.
    http://stangbang.tripod.com/ Where all this began!
    http://stangbang.tripod.com/twisted/ Vinny
    1984 Mustang build @craig_btr on Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus View Post
    Other forms of Social Media (Facebook mainly) made a lot of Forums obsolete.

When Vinny (Heart of this place) passed, there was a huge hole that no one could fill and SBZ kinda died when he did.
    Man I understand that fully I’m sure it has been tried a million times but I wonder if there is a way to resurrect it. Some of the guys on here have wicked fast mustangs and it would be a great platform to talk about this place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 1992MustangDW View Post
    Man I understand that fully I’m sure it has been tried a million times but I wonder if there is a way to resurrect it. Some of the guys on here have wicked fast mustangs and it would be a great platform to talk about this place.

All it takes is someone to step up and do things to spark get togethers and other events. Just seems like everyone is busy doing stuff. Ive moved away and only post up in my build thread out of respect to Vinny. Matter of fact, I was wearing my Dirty Dozen sweatshirt, from 2005, last night, working on my Mustang.
    http://stangbang.tripod.com/ Where all this began!
    http://stangbang.tripod.com/twisted/ Vinny
    1984 Mustang build @craig_btr on Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus View Post
    All it takes is someone to step up and do things to spark get togethers and other events. Just seems like everyone is busy doing stuff. Ive moved away and only post up in my build thread out of respect to Vinny. Matter of fact, I was wearing my Dirty Dozen sweatshirt, from 2005, last night, working on my Mustang.
    I agree I have my black stangBangerz shirt I got on 06 I still wear it in the garage I kind of miss meeting up with people talking about cars

Like Craig said, Facebook and other social media outlets have killed the majority of the forums. We have tried a few different things in the past to try to get and keep people logging in. The Dirty Dozen Challenge being one. Seemed like only the same few people would show up to race and hang out.

I still get on here every day in hopes that others will sometime journey back onto the site. Several have so far. We can only just keep trying new things to keep it alive.
    1992 Mustang LX Coupe, 302, PA C4 and On3 70mm.
    1993 Reef Blue hatch, 347, 3550, and a kit.
    1992 Gould GT project...

Quote Originally Posted by draggin50 View Post
    Like Craig said, Facebook and other social media outlets have killed the majority of the forums. We have tried a few different things in the past to try to get and keep people logging in. The Dirty Dozen Challenge being one. Seemed like only the same few people would show up to race and hang out.

I still get on here every day in hopes that others will sometime journey back onto the site. Several have so far. We can only just keep trying new things to keep it alive.
    I’m going to start getting on here A lot more often maybe start to build thread for my current Mustang I hope this form comes back to life

Joe Ash (PKFire) and myself will be trying to get some people together also for some cruise ins and just hanging out. Anything to try to help.
    1992 Gould GT project...

Quote Originally Posted by draggin50 View Post
    Joe Ash (PKFire) and myself will be trying to get some people together also for some cruise ins and just hanging out. Anything to try to help.
    Just let me know I’m always down

Will do. Hopefully we can get something thought out here soon.
    1992 Gould GT project...

I'll have an 08 gt out here soon that should bust some heads. Been awhile since I had a pony...

Quote Originally Posted by jktruckin06 View Post
    I'll have an 08 gt out here soon that should bust some heads. Been awhile since I had a pony...
    Do you have a build page on it ?

Get some pictures up or a build thread. Good to see you back as well!
    1992 Gould GT project...

It was around 02 and I found myself staring at an unbelievable amount of Mustangs just down the street from me at Knights of Columbus on Blue Rock. Everyone I ran into had a story and were welcoming. I didn’t have Mustang at the time but I definitely wanted to be a part of it. Yes life happens but we can definitely try to put something together. Like Brian said we want to get atleast some get togethers formed this year.
    Joe

I don't have a Mustang anymore, But I'm sure my son will let me bring the '66 as long as I let him come along ...

Been WAY Too Long since we all met up ...
    Aaron

F**K Photobucket !!!

I still check in everyday and it kills me that the board is dead. Facebook has definitely taken it's toll. Several of us Dayton guys are planning on getting together and doing some cruising this year.
    Rick

Rick90lx@yahoo-dot-com
    6.27625 liters of turbocharged goodness

As much as I like to ruffle some feathers on here I’m sure me and my bro will bring out our mustangs whenever you guys want to set something up

Quote Originally Posted by 1992MustangDW View Post
    As much as I like to ruffle some feathers on here I’m sure me and my bro will bring out our mustangs whenever you guys want to set something up

What you got these days?

2015 Mustang. What about you ?

S550 and fox body. 15up are great cars! They have come a long way.

Thread Information