Thread: Twisted Twins

Twisted Twins

This popped up in my fb memory this morning. Thought I'd share it here.
    http://www.mustangandfords.com/featu...rd-mustang-gt/
    2011 Gt/Cs 1 of 23 Grabber Blue with glass roof.
    3.8 Whipple supercharged, E85, TH400 tuned by Palm Beach Dyno

That is a great read. Thanks for sharing.

I missed by a few months of getting approved on this site and missed meeting Vinny. I have never heard a negative word about him. He clearly had a disposition that I have coveted my whole life. The term referred to as "Halo effect". It is the ability to just naturally be the person everyone wishes to be around. The term seems to fit Vinny's character -- from everything I have read, and the few videos of him I have seen -- as people who knew (know) him still talk about him like he is still here, yet miss his presence more than 12 years after he left this world. Godspeed to a man who's rare gift I covet, even in the absence of never meeting him before he left.

Cool to read that story again. Todd, the guy who bought TT, created a page on FB for it and I was keeping up with how things were going with the car. He eventually got it to run in the 8.60s IIRC, with the potential for more. It's been a while since he posted anything so not sure what's going on with the car.
    Greg
    Midnight Mafia

When I had TT at the shop, finishing it up to get sold, I had a few people stop by to help with it. One person in particular, went to the back of the car, put his hands on it, bowed his head and just sat there for a bit. I went back to working in the engine compartment and left him. When he was done he came up front and said, "its so hard to believe Vinny is gone" Im guessing TT was a way in which he got some closure with Vinny as he missed the wake.
    Everytime someone new came to work on it, they all had a similar reaction. We all knew what Hell he went through with this fucking car and then the audacity of whatever powers to be to take him from us was just one more kick in the nuts. But to see them light up to be actually working on Vinnys TT was pretty cool to see as well. Even in death, Vinny was still bringing people together...

I miss my bud and Im crying here now thinking of him.
    http://stangbang.tripod.com/ Where all this began!
    http://stangbang.tripod.com/twisted/ Vinny
    1984 Mustang build @craig_btr on Instagram

He did go through Hell with that car, I remember him calling me several different times for various reasons trying to sort things out. I last talked with him the week prior to his passing about wastegate springs as he was still trying to get TT to stop pegging the MAP every time he hit the throttle. What I'd give to get one of those calls now. He had an energy that was very contagious. Any time I seen him at the track he'd yell out my name, shake my hand or whatever and then ask what all was going on with my junk and how things were going. He always had that look of he was truly happy as shit to see you and you could tell he actually gave a fuck how you were and how things were going for whatever project you had going on. He was just a genuine dude. Wish I could have made it down to work on TT with you guys, I think it would have helped a lot with the whole thing for me.
    Greg
    Midnight Mafia

I'm proud to call him my friend and to be the one that painted it for him.
    2011 Gt/Cs 1 of 23 Grabber Blue with glass roof.
    3.8 Whipple supercharged, E85, TH400 tuned by Palm Beach Dyno

Thread Information