Thread: Best SBF head for stock bottom end

Best SBF head for stock bottom end

Looking to see what people think is the best aftermarket head for a stock bottom end turbo car.

The coupe I have came with a set of Holley Systemax heads but I think I want something a little bigger that I can grow into. The Trick Flow 11R's seem to be the right choice. Not sure that they will work with the stock short block though. The 190's come with a 2.055 intake valve. If I go with the 170 head, it don't seem like it would be any better then the Holley heads.

Whats peoples thoughts??? Currently on a bone stock motor with 1.7 rockers on 8lbs with a PA C4. I have a Systemax intake and 70mm throttle body that will be going on also. Cam and heads are next on my list. Hopefully I get to take it to the track tomorrow for some baseline runs to see where its at now.
    1992 Mustang LX Coupe, 302, PA C4 and On3 70mm.
    1993 Reef Blue hatch, 347, 3550, and a kit.
    1992 Gould GT project...

Hey brian . It boost forced thru the head so its not as inportant as one may think. Also 550rwhp best u gonna get to live for a few months. You know this stuff my brother.

Those Systemax heads will take you further than you think with a turbo, turbo combos don't care too much about the head they have on them, especially at the power level your at right now. Years ago I remember being at a race where Mike Murillo torched a fully CNC'd Trick Flow R head on one side in the last round of qualifying, he didn't have a spare set so he started asking around the pits and found someone with an out of the box, unported set, he put his springs in them and just slapped them on his engine, next morning he went out for first round of eliminations and ended up running quicker than what he had qualified at, anyway, short story long, I think you'll be fine with hose heads for a good while and the best thing is, you already have them.

You need to get this thing out to the track, I've been waiting to see it run! Might be three of you on the Dozen list this year with multiple 9 sec cars.

Oh, and if you change the cam I say just throw an F or the TF stage 2 in there and let it eat if you're wanting something off the shelf vs. custom. Just my .02
    Greg
    Midnight Mafia

I had planned on just using an F cam. Hard to beat that one for the stock bottom end combo with little heads and the systemax intake.

I planned on taking it today to Kilkare…. Weather looked like crap so I got on their website and saw it was slicks only and the Gambler 64 race. Maybe next week. I think it may go some low 12's as it sits but we'll see. It may surprise me.
    1992 Mustang LX Coupe, 302, PA C4 and On3 70mm.
    1993 Reef Blue hatch, 347, 3550, and a kit.
    1992 Gould GT project...

Thread Information