Thread: SRT Wagon vs. 92 LX

SRT Wagon vs. 92 LX

This is why the mustang is a jack of all trades... tonight ended up being a good night for a cruise, so I hopped in the coupe and took off. I was thoroughly enjoying my drive and giving a couple small pulls on the country road near the house when I noticed some bright LED type lights getting closer. Intrigued I slowed up a bit to see how fast they were catching up. Sure enough they got pretty close as I came up to a stop sign. I signaled left and so did they... I decided to jump on it off the turn and see if they were really serious... at that point I could see it was an SRT charger wagon and sure enough they were way closer than I suspected after a hard pull through 1st and 2nd. Next came a stop light, and I knew they wanted to run it out, so I left hard. To give the charger some credit it was closing in on me on the straight away after the light, but what he didn’t realize is this is a country road with lots of sweeping turns (visibility was good and no other cars were involved). As we approached the first turn I was reaching the top of fourth... I just let her eat the corner up and pulled like 5-7 cars on the wagon... second turn I gave it even more, checked the rear view and the wagon had a big wiggle and had to back off, gained another 10 cars I’d say on that. 3rd turn I pushed it just as hard and gained another 8-10 cars... after that I was slowed down by a lonely Honda Accord and let them catch back up. Needless to say, but telling of their loss, they never got within 10 cars of me and kept their distance in either shame or respect or both ... I think they learned why a mustang is an all around performance car today...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1992 Wild Strawberry Notch - Current
    2007 Black GT Premium - 2nd
    1991 Wild Strawberry GT - 1st

Nice. I've got a soft spot for those magnums.

SRT Wagon vs. 92 LX

Quote Originally Posted by NXcoupe View Post
    Nice. I've got a soft spot for those magnums.
    It wasn’t you was it? They’ are cool, I dig them as well, but you can tell they need all 425 horses and a lot more to keep up with a lightly modified stock motor fox body.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Frisby5.0; 08-20-2019 at 11:14 PM.
    1992 Wild Strawberry Notch - Current
    2007 Black GT Premium - 2nd
    1991 Wild Strawberry GT - 1st

Thread Information