Thread: Ford V Ferrari

Ford V Ferrari

GREAT MOVIE! Add it to your collection. Film maker takes some liberties my friend who is a Ford historian pointed out as we were watching, but all in all it is a GREAT movie. 153 minutes long and it is over before you realize you are at the half way point. Wives watched with us and were equally impressed with it and neither is into cars or racing.

ADD THIS TO YOUR 4K disk collection

I saw it at the theater, it was fantastic. Entire family enjoyed it

Welcome to 2019, lol
    ">

I just wish these directors would stick to the facts and timeline when making such a film. They embellish and even create fictional characters in these movies when making them. Al Harrison played by Kevin Costner in the movie 'Hidden Figures' (a good movie btw but not accurate with the history timeline) never existed, and Dorothy Vaughn received her title of Supervisor in 1948, years before the movie portrays her advancement taking place. All 3 women were extremely intelligent and played key roles in the NASA program. Producers/Directors need only stick to the time line and facts when making such films. Embellishment of facts IMHO only demeans the efforts of those the movie is based upon. It's one thing to add dialog to keep the movie going, its another to alter the timeline simply for impact. They well could have opened the movie with Vaughn receiving her supervisors title in 1948 and then done a time lapse to begin where they sought to pick up. This would have been sufficient enough to give credit to Vaughn's advancement as a black woman and let the movie unfold. Likewise Ford II being known for being a tyrant did not need words put in his mouth when he referred to Enzo. His arrogant egotistical self entitled attitude alone was enough to implicate people's disliking for him.

Quote Originally Posted by mustangboy View Post
    Welcome to 2019, lol

Just something really superficial about that comment...LOL!

Great movie!!! I may get a copy of it myself.
    Joe

Thread Information