Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should we go forward with cruise to maid rites or postpone?

Should we go forward with cruise to maid rites or postpone?

What say you all? My vote is to keep the date, we all cruise up, go thru the drive thru and eat in the parking lot. If we keep in our cars we will still be following safe protocols but we will be out of the house in company of friends.
    But, I will go with what the group decides.

Im gonna say move it up.

A few friends went out over the weekend and they was made to break up and head home. Id hate to see everyone make the trip just be told you cant congregate and to go on home. I know we could all use the time out and mingling for sure. Just not sure how good it would be to hold it now.
    1992 Mustang LX Coupe, 302, PA C4 and On3 70mm.
    1993 Reef Blue hatch, 347, 3550, and a kit.
    1992 Gould GT project...

I hate to agree, but in this case yes. Sux to say this. But I imagine the cabin fever may only aid in attendance if we have it on the heals of being released from our homes......right after getting haircuts. LOL!

I'm good with whatever the majority says !!!
    Aaron

F**K Photobucket !!!

Quote Originally Posted by k062693w View Post
    I'm good with whatever the majority says !!!
    Same here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    #2 - 2020 DD Challenge List

1997 Cobra - C heads, Cams, Sullivan intake, long tubes, homemade cai, 4.30, strange axles, e85, chromoly cage
    2000 Saleen S281SC - factory "stock"

Chad, any date in May better than another? I leave on vaca May 21, providing this bullshit is over by then.

I'm fine with any weekend you choose.

Im good with any weekend in May also.

Hopefully it will be on the decline by then but Dewine and Acton aren't sounding very promising... I am so over this crap already.
    1992 Gould GT project...

As I mentioned Acton has never actually practiced medicine in the private sector. She has assisted with a trip to Rwanda but there are no details as to her responsibilities. Her background is administration. She has NO practical experience listed in the attached bio. Her husband is a teacher. See the attached on her background. If you have put Neosporin and and bandage on knee cut you have as much OR more medical hands on experience than she has. I personally don't trust her. Watching her makes me nervous. There is uncertainty in her eyes and her voice obviously because she is in over her head due to her lack of experience and questionable education background. Never heard of any of the schools she went to. Most people in a position like this went to Johns Hopkins, Duke, Harvard, UK, UCLA medical schools, etc. Clearly got her job due to who she knows or do to her gender.

https://informationcradle.com/dr-amy-acton/
    Last edited by redfirepearlgt; 04-01-2020 at 05:25 PM.

I personally like Dr. Acton ... Well spoken and too the point ...

And just an FYI, EVERY Dr. has to actually practice medicine to become a Dr. ...
    Aaron

F**K Photobucket !!!

BTW, Any weekend in May works for me too !!! LOL
    Aaron

F**K Photobucket !!!

Quote Originally Posted by k062693w View Post
    I personally like Dr. Acton ... Well spoken and too the point ...

And just an FYI, EVERY Dr. has to actually practice medicine to become a Dr. ...
    To practice yes. One must first intern which is however not practicing. That's like taking flying lessons and soloing but then never actually flying. You can claim to be a pilot but you have never actually flown in the full capacity. She has never practiced. She has always been in administration according to the bio short of a trip to Rwanda. We had a similar politician run against our former congresswoman in my district in 2008 (year may be 2010) who claimed to be an M.D. She had the credentials even performed the internship but never actually practiced. All theory and no hands on. Same same with Acton. She's an over paid bureaucrat.

May 16? That's a Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by NXcoupe View Post
    May 16? That's a Saturday.

Works for me ...
    Aaron

F**K Photobucket !!!

Quote Originally Posted by redfirepearlgt View Post
    To practice yes. One must first intern which is however not practicing. That's like taking flying lessons and soloing but then never actually flying. You can claim to be a pilot but you have never actually flown in the full capacity. She has never practiced. She has always been in administration according to the bio short of a trip to Rwanda. We had a similar politician run against our former congresswoman in my district in 2008 (year may be 2010) who claimed to be an M.D. She had the credentials even performed the internship but never actually practiced. All theory and no hands on. Same same with Acton. She's an over paid bureaucrat.

How can one take flying lessons and solo without flying ???

Weird ... Apparently I did something wrong when I got my pilot's license !!! LMFAO
    Aaron

F**K Photobucket !!!

Works for me as well!

Ive flown before but Im not a pilot...
    1992 Gould GT project...

Quote Originally Posted by draggin50 View Post
    Works for me as well!

Ive flown before but Im not a pilot...
    We're talking about flying an airplane, Not just in your mind !!!
    Aaron

F**K Photobucket !!!

I flew one in a video game. Maybe you guys remember that near simulation “Top Gun” on original nintendo. Man the in-air refueling always got me.

1997 Cobra - C heads, Cams, Sullivan intake, long tubes, homemade cai, 4.30, strange axles, e85, chromoly cage

It was so realistic compared to say... the arcade game 1942. But i am thinking both of those probably qualify me to advise pilots on how to do their job. I learned if someone is shooting at your plane move to the side. And if you are running out of fuel call a tanker plane and hold steady. What else could there be?!? Am i right? As a “Dr” she probably has studied all kinds of simulated disease disasters. And even historical diseases outbreaks when there were severe consequences and no such thing as penicillin. Its just like practicing medicine in 2020 i am sure. Just like she is sure of it.

But realistically. You all should wash your hands and stay safely away from others and for petes sake dont touch the paint on my cars. Haha.

As you can see i need some adult social interaction. Hopefully see you all in May!!

Thread Information