Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: My 97 Cobra

My 97 Cobra

I decided to start a project thread about my 97 Cobra. I got this car because I traded an 89 vert that I had started working on and had actually put quite a bit of work into thanks to Mike Bell. After driving it around for a few I decided that I'm really not a fan of convertibles. I put it up for sale and ended up trading for the Cobra. It's a 97 with all the documentation to go with it. It has a cat back exhaust, 4.10s and eibech sport line springs. Thats pretty much how I got it.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

nice color. looks clean.

Since getting the car I have picked up a few parts and traded off the 17 inch fr500s. The wheels make the car now in my opinion. The bronze on green looks awesome. The car currently has black leather seats but are in rough shape. The factory ones are supposed to tan so luck would have it I found a set locally. All they need is a good cleaning and conditioning. Cold air and tb should help out in the hp department some. Along with the 1/2 inch smaller crank pulley.

Quote Originally Posted by redfirepearlgt View Post
    nice color. looks clean.
    The pics don't show the flaws. The clear is messed up in spots

As of now the plan is to replace the euro taillights that are on the car with factory ones. New head lights. Needs a front bumper cover due to a tear on the passenger side. I also want to put a stock style hood on the car. Whether its a factory cobra hood or the fiberglass one HO Fibertrends makes. I'm just a fan of the scoops on the hood. I think they make these sn cobras stand out.

Good looking car!

Glad that you got the old one back too. Always liked it!
    1992 Mustang LX Coupe, 302, PA C4 and On3 70mm.
    1993 Reef Blue hatch, 347, 3550, and a kit.
    1992 Gould GT project...

Quote Originally Posted by draggin50 View Post
    Good looking car!

Glad that you got the old one back too. Always liked it!
    Thanks man. I started a thread for the black car as well. The cobra is my main focus right now. I really want something to be able to get out and cruise around in right now.

Nice Steve! Good to see you've made your way back! Now quit putting pics up that make me have to tilt my head! I'm too old for all that.
    Greg
    Midnight Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Kwik92GT View Post
    Nice Steve! Good to see you've made your way back! Now quit putting pics up that make me have to tilt my head! I'm too old for all that.
    Lol I'm posting off my phone. Still getting used to it lol

#9 2011 Spring Street Car Shoutout

1991 Mini Tubed Mustang Coupe, in the works.
    351W base, PG, Stock Suspension chassis

Peanut butter interior looks great when it's clean and not fubarred. Those seats make it look great. We need to get it on the dyno and see where you're at.

Quote Originally Posted by NXcoupe View Post
    Peanut butter interior looks great when it's clean and not fubarred. Those seats make it look great. We need to get it on the dyno and see where you're at.
    I agree. Getting a base line is a good idea. It has an sct tuner with it. Not sure who did the current tune but it definitely wouldn't hurt to see where we are at. As for the seats. Just gotta clean the tan seats up and swap them out. Need the windows tinted also. Not a fan of the fish bowl look lol

You could put some black seats in there. It already has the tan/black two tone going on. You'd have to swap the seat belts to black as well to really make it look right though.
    2003 SVT Mustang Cobra
    11.40@124
    Pics, mods, track videos, other stuff..

The rest of the fleet:
    2019 Edge ST
    2015 Taurus SHO
    2013 SVT F150 Raptor

Quote Originally Posted by IWRBB View Post
    You could put some black seats in there. It already has the tan/black two tone going on. You'd have to swap the seat belts to black as well to really make it look right though.
    It has black seats currently. The fronts are kinda rough especially the drivers. I bought the correct tan seats for it. They just need cleaned from being in storage for several years.

Detailers tip for cleaning leather. Pick up one of these brushes. I use a mix of Purple Power with a nice squeeze of Blue Dawn dish soap and water. About 50/50 with the water and purple power. This brush is amazing. It will get those tan seats looking like new. Afterwards, use your favorite conditioner.

These brushes work great on plastic panels too.

https://www.detailing.com/store/sm-a...QaAhZkEALw_wcB
    2011 Black on Black GT

Quote Originally Posted by chris91 View Post
    Detailers tip for cleaning leather. Pick up one of these brushes. I use a mix of Purple Power with a nice squeeze of Blue Dawn dish soap and water. About 50/50 with the water and purple power. This brush is amazing. It will get those tan seats looking like new. Afterwards, use your favorite conditioner.

These brushes work great on plastic panels too.

https://www.detailing.com/store/sm-a...QaAhZkEALw_wcB
    Thanks for the info!

No problem bud. I found out about these a year ago. My Carbrite dealer turned me on to them. He had to show me up to sell me on them. LoL Took a car off the lot I thought I had the leather as clean as it could get. He took one of those brushes and did a small circle and you could see a big difference.
    2011 Black on Black GT

Very cool! Keep the pics coming! (not sideways thou )
    http://stangbang.tripod.com/ Where all this began!
    http://stangbang.tripod.com/twisted/ Vinny
    1984 Mustang build @craig_btr on Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus View Post
    Very cool! Keep the pics coming! (not sideways thou )
    Yeah still getting used to posting pics from my phone

Quote Originally Posted by chris91 View Post
    No problem bud. I found out about these a year ago. My Carbrite dealer turned me on to them. He had to show me up to sell me on them. LoL Took a car off the lot I thought I had the leather as clean as it could get. He took one of those brushes and did a small circle and you could see a big difference.
    I went ahead and ordered one of those today. Im anxious to get those seats cleaned up and bolted in the car

Thread Information