Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2020 mustang goals....

Quote Originally Posted by NXcoupe View Post
    Buy the registered version of tuner studio, then it's a ton easier
    That is my plan. I have had the free version for a few months now just to get familiar with the software.

Quote Originally Posted by Kwik92GT View Post
    Should be a fun car. What size trubo did you go with?

Not bashing the Microsquirt but you might want to consider the Terminator X for the Foxbody, pretty nice unit with a ton of features, only thing I wish it had was the ability to drive low impedance injecotrs. https://www.holley.com/products/fuel...parts/550-937F

I beleive NXcoupe (Mike) is a dealer for them.
    I went with the standard 70 mm journal bearing turbo.

I like the Terminator X but I already purchased the Microsquirt. Also, the Microsuqirt was a lot cheaper but I know the Terminator has more features and capability.

Quote Originally Posted by NXcoupe View Post
    Thanks Greg, yes I am, and I can tune megasquirt as I have the licenses for TS and the log viewer too.
    The holley terminator X series is set as a direct competitor for the ms and other stand alones in its price range. I'm tuning 2 of those currently, a 65 mustang and a 90 Grand Wagoneer.
    Good to know. If I have any tuning issues I will send the car to you. I don't think I will have any problems but we will see. I have done a lot of research on tuning and I am only starting the car off on 6 lbs for now. The next step will be a Walbro 450 in the tank, more boost, and E85. That is when it will get fun.

Yeah ms is very powerful. I was helping brian with his and talking to shane at stinger about the pimpxs and that's what I'm going with on my 4cyl turbo. Be happy to help you out.

Details on Grand Wagoneer please

Mike has a lot of good info on the Pimp XS. I was kind of leary about the whole system but after working with Mike, I think it will be ok for the price of it. Im sure the Holley is better but for the price and ease of tuning, its not bad.

We made a lot of pulls on mine but Im having boost control issues. There is still a lot left on the table and once I get all the bugs worked out, Ill be back for more.
    1992 Mustang LX Coupe, 302, PA C4 and On3 70mm.
    1993 Reef Blue hatch, 347, 3550, and a kit.
    1992 Gould GT project...

Thread Information