Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: The future Theater/Media Room...

Thanks. Still have to pull ethernet ceiling atmos and rear speaker wiring pulled before I can move much further on the wall covering. Still haven't decided if I am going to sub floor using the DRI-CORE system or just put down an approved pad and carpeting. OF course the drop ceiling has to be done before the floor can be addressed however. Still plenty to do. Probably won't be ready to use until January or February.

Soft opening - Undecided, have to work that out with the mrs.

Grand Opening - SHELBY V FERRARI
    Last edited by redfirepearlgt; 10-07-2020 at 11:07 PM.

Update -

Wow nice work sir!!!!

Wow! Looks fantastic!

Thats looking real good!
    1992 Mustang LX Coupe, 302, PA C4 and On3 70mm.
    1993 Reef Blue hatch, 347, 3550, and a kit.
    1992 Gould GT project...

Lighting is up and working. Halo Canless lighting with Leviton LED dimmers (Diva 153 models). I have done research on these LEd canless lights. Many have issues with flicker and/or hum when dimmed. These Halo units with the Leviton LEd dimmers work fantastic. The 15-18" cable between the controller and the light housing assembly allow you some wiggle room when final mounting of the light goes into a drop ceiling panel. The LED housings are metal and not plastic. The lens for the LED looks like a conventional bulb and not just a cheap piece of flat plastic over the LED array. IF you are looking to upgrade existing lighting or doing a remodel/expansion you can count on these. Only down side is to inspect the connectors on both the LED unit and the controller before starting. I had 1 broken in the box with no damage. Not worth gettign worked up over given how well everything else on these are made. Just took it back and got another one. These units have 5 color settings. The unit is currently set on the middle one. In the picture they are all turned up to maximum. Next ceiling grid kits for the 24x24 acoustic tile ceiling.

Man that's bright!!! You are doing a killer job on it!
    1992 Gould GT project...

#9 2011 Spring Street Car Shoutout

1991 Mini Tubed Mustang Coupe, in the works.
    351W base, PG, Stock Suspension chassis

Looking good!!!!

Coming along Great Chad !!!
    Aaron

F**K Photobucket !!!

thanks guys. Getting ready to order the drop ceiling supplies. Need to rent a 360 degree laser level to lay out the lines for it. Still plenty of panel and finish work to do on the I-beam, jack post, and east short wall adjacent to the staircase. Itching to get the TV. Black Friday (are we still permitted to say that comrades?) is soon upon us.

The ceiling came in Saturday. Got part of the grid installed and did a fit check on four panels. Look forward to having the ceiling in so I can get the lights in their final location, order the Dolby Atmos ceiling speakers and get them hooked up as well as move on with base boards and trim work. The 75" Sony 900 series got ordered Saturday. Big thanks to Shawn at Alamo Electronics for the early notice on Black Friday deals.

No hats, no people over 6'6" tall and no standing high fives for people taller than 5'5".

No jumping?

I should be good then!!!

Looks great Chad! Gonna be real nice when done!
    1992 Gould GT project...

Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    No jumping?
    You cab jump and high five. Ceiling height is only 79 - 81.5 inches off the floor. Older homes like this one have only 7 ft ceilings in the basement.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by draggin50 View Post
    I should be good then!!!

Looks great Chad! Gonna be real nice when done!
    Hopefully only I see the mistakes. LOL!

Looking good Chad
    #9 2011 Spring Street Car Shoutout

1991 Mini Tubed Mustang Coupe, in the works.
    351W base, PG, Stock Suspension chassis

Thanks Shayne. Means a lot coming from a guy with carpentry and construction background experience.

Nice work Chad! Looking forward to seeing this completed. You had some clear goals the last time I stopped by.
    Joe

Thanks Joe. Took a while to get the motivation after getting the details straight. Had to tear out those make shift wood shelves (if you remember) buy some new industrial grade replacements, and then go through and pitch or move all that stored stuff onto the new shelves. Then the real fun began. It's taking longer than I had hoped, but it's getting there. Hopefully as long as I don't run into any hitches - like possibly working myself into a corner - the ceiling will be done by Wednesday and I can begin measuring for corner molding and bade board trim. I still have some on the stairwell yet to do as well as deciding if I want to just enclose the existing jack post (its not an adjustable) or cut it out and put in a new one because it is out of plumb in both planes by at least 2". I need to make a custom door for the laundry room as well because that doorway is directly under the heating duct and only has 74" clearance(32" wide though). A standard interior door is not available in that height that I have found. Last will be carpeting and padding and of course a SUMP PUMP backup system for the french drain system that only runs when it rains heavily outside. Then comes the fun of setting up the system.

Ceiling is finished and awaiting the Monitor Audio CS160 ceiling speakers to fill the two remaining holes. Armstong makes a great product. Their packaging could stand some improvement as FED EX Baboons damages one of the four grid kits and 3 acoustic panels while in transit. It always pays to order 10% more than you need. The quick adjust hanger system they created for this kit is phenomenal. Took me about 18 hours to complete on the first attempt at ever doing a drop ceiling. Levels out very nicely and allows for final adjustments. I suggest picking up a Bosch laser measure tool ($30) to measure final support rail and cross tie cut pieces. Simply shoot to the wall where the wall molding for the ceiling is mounted and subtract 3/8" of grid pieces and 1/4" off acoustic tile measurements.

Next up painting the bead board, installing and painting molding and trim.

Thread Information