Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: The future Theater/Media Room...

Now when do you want to start on mine?

Just kidding, I don't have a basement. Awesome job!
    1992 Mustang LX Coupe, 302, PA C4 and On3 70mm.
    1993 Reef Blue hatch, 347, 3550, and a kit.
    1992 Gould GT project...

^We can put one in one of those big ass garages of yours that I covet so much...

Came out killer!! I'd damn near kill to be able to do this in my place lol
    Greg
    Midnight Mafia

Freakin too sweet!! Great job!
    http://stangbang.tripod.com/ Where all this began!
    http://stangbang.tripod.com/twisted/ Vinny
    1984 Mustang build @craig_btr on Instagram

If you need a PC Blu-ray drive that can read 4K discs, I can hook you up. LG/Asus have cock-blocked everyone with their current drive firmware, but it's possible to change the firmware to allow you to read/rip UHD/4K blu-rays. I have figured out that process.

I've ripped all of our BluRay discs (wheter they are UHD or not) as ISO files. With an ISO file you have a full backup of each disc. Using the ISO file, and I can create whatever type of video format/bitrate I want, which is them streamed over the network to the TVs.
    2003 SVT Mustang Cobra
    11.40@124
    Pics, mods, track videos, other stuff..

The rest of the fleet:
    2019 Edge ST
    2015 Taurus SHO
    2013 SVT F150 Raptor

Quote Originally Posted by Kwik92GT View Post
    Came out killer!! I'd damn near kill to be able to do this in my place lol
    Thanks man. Since I will never have the opportunity to build a garage, and build a tool chest (and the skills) capable doing a major car but this is my second choice and one my wife supports more so than hot rodding unfortunately.

I'll give you a hint if its the wife being the cock block though. Just keep adding speakers to the living room tv and nudging out room for her personal interests, pictures, and so forth. Next thing you know she's telling you that if you want to keep adding speakers to the living room you should just build a room in the basement for it. LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus View Post
    Freakin too sweet!! Great job!
    Means a lot Craig. Wish I had a garage like you have bud. That thing is killer.

Quote Originally Posted by IWRBB View Post
    If you need a PC Blu-ray drive that can read 4K discs, I can hook you up. LG/Asus have cock-blocked everyone with their current drive firmware, but it's possible to change the firmware to allow you to read/rip UHD/4K blu-rays. I have figured out that process.

I've ripped all of our BluRay discs (wheter they are UHD or not) as ISO files. With an ISO file you have a full backup of each disc. Using the ISO file, and I can create whatever type of video format/bitrate I want, which is them streamed over the network to the TVs.
    Appreciate the offer. I'm good in that aspect. No issues paying for a movie. I use VUDU when I buy one so I can protect the disks unless I want to watch the movie with fully uncompressed. The DVD player and the TV both have VUDU access on them. The TV upgrade of VUDU supports UHD though the DVD unit will not and the app is not upgradable for some reason. I just need to get the audio return set up so I can play back into the head unit from the TV as the source. I plan to KISS and have run an optic cable to provide an audio out return from the TV into AUDIO1 input and set it up for optical connection. Just a matter of getting the connections terminated and make the setup changes on the YAMAHA unit.

Quote Originally Posted by redfirepearlgt View Post
    Thanks man. Since I will never have the opportunity to build a garage, and build a tool chest (and the skills) capable doing a major car but this is my second choice and one my wife supports more so than hot rodding unfortunately.

I'll give you a hint if its the wife being the cock block though. Just keep adding speakers to the living room tv and nudging out room for her personal interests, pictures, and so forth. Next thing you know she's telling you that if you want to keep adding speakers to the living room you should just build a room in the basement for it. LOL!
    That's awesome LOL
    Greg
    Midnight Mafia

Means a lot Craig. Wish I had a garage like you have bud. That thing is killer.
    This process is exactly how you do the car thing....

^^^ True - Only she loves the media room she hates the Mustang. Doesn't even like it when I back it out on occasion to drive to church just to keep the battery up. Its really becoming an albatross.

Appreciate the offer. I'm good in that aspect. No issues paying for a movie. I use VUDU when I buy one so I can protect the disks unless I want to watch the movie with fully uncompressed. The DVD player and the TV both have VUDU access on them. The TV upgrade of VUDU supports UHD though the DVD unit will not and the app is not upgradable for some reason. I just need to get the audio return set up so I can play back into the head unit from the TV as the source. I plan to KISS and have run an optic cable to provide an audio out return from the TV into AUDIO1 input and set it up for optical connection. Just a matter of getting the connections terminated and make the setup changes on the YAMAHA unit.
    I've seen the various streaming/hosting/digital copy repositories come and go. Mostly they go. All the Disney movies sold for a decade+ had a promised digital copy that you could stream- not anymore. That's shit gone and dead. After watching a half dozen similar services simply vanish, I decided I'm just going to create my own. It will always work, even when the internet is down.

I'm at approx 4 TB of data on my NAS, holding around 125 BR discs ISO backups + 4K encoded files of the main movie.

Data hoarding is the new hotness! He who dies with the most data wins.
    2003 SVT Mustang Cobra
    11.40@124

The rest of the fleet:
    2019 Edge ST
    2015 Taurus SHO
    2013 SVT F150 Raptor

Quote Originally Posted by IWRBB View Post
    I've seen the various streaming/hosting/digital copy repositories come and go. Mostly they go. All the Disney movies sold for a decade+ had a promised digital copy that you could stream- not anymore. That's shit gone and dead. After watching a half dozen similar services simply vanish, I decided I'm just going to create my own. It will always work, even when the internet is down.

I'm at approx 4 TB of data on my NAS, holding around 125 BR discs ISO backups + 4K encoded files of the main movie.

Data hoarding is the new hotness! He who dies with the most data wins.
    HA! Thats a good one. I may investigate this further then. I just assumed those cloud systems or whatever they are stayed active forever, though I know nothing is forever which is why I prefer software in hard copy form as well as movies and music. As long as you don't break it you still have it. I have movies from 20+ years ago that are fine. Storage is the only issue, but people who like to collect books have the same problem, so I guess I will simply become like a book hoarder in the meanwhile. I just don't trust PC's. Hard drives crash, hardware fails, etc. According to the guys at Alamo the future for movies is streaming so even HD storage may well become a thing of the past. Just buy a Roku box, plug it into an ethernet cable and away you go. OR use the TV if you prefer.

I made the move to all SSD all my computers after the laptop crashed at edgewater.

^^^ True - Only she loves the media room she hates the Mustang. Doesn't even like it when I back it out on occasion to drive to church just to keep the battery up. Its really becoming an albatross.
    Corvette time!!

Just buy a Roku box, plug it into an ethernet cable and away you go. OR use the TV if you prefer.
    You get terrible bitrate streams from them though. It's fine for the average viewer on an average panel, but when you have a really good setup with a big scrren- you can tell.

The best possible source for movies right now is playing them from a UHD disc or .the iso file directly. I don't see that changing for quite a while. It's quite possible the streaming quality is going to get worse as they clamp down on bandwidth.
    2003 SVT Mustang Cobra
    11.40@124

The rest of the fleet:
    2019 Edge ST
    2015 Taurus SHO
    2013 SVT F150 Raptor

Chad glad you got it done. Looks like the pictures are not showing up now. I wouldn’t mind to see how it turned out.
    Joe

Forgot to update. Finally finished framing, cutting down, and hanging the door to the laundry/utility/storage area.

Installed the sump pump system with backup PRO2400 system fit like a dream. 100 hour runtime backup on 1/3 HP backup pump. The battery would start a diesel. Its huge.

The bannister is in place.

The man cave gun cabinet is in place...

The movie collection is growing in the added shelving

The seating had to be upgraded because the original wasn't holding up. Watson's was SUPER GREAT to deal with. Honored warranty and went the extra mile. Great place to deal with.

And...the...well how did that get there? Oh well...yeah...and the .22 Mag Browning T-bolt w/ Leupold scope is dialed in at 55 yards. Ran out of time to set up for 100 yards but should be right within a few 1/4 MOA clicks.
    Last edited by redfirepearlgt; 10-05-2021 at 03:54 PM.

That's weird. The links are there but no pics. No idea. Text me sometime Joe when you are free if you want to come see it. Chad

I can see the pictures.

Turned out great! Be hard to leave the seat!
    1992 Mustang LX Coupe, 302, PA C4 and On3 70mm.
    1993 Reef Blue hatch, 347, 3550, and a kit.
    1992 Gould GT project...

That turned out really nice!
    They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Ben Franklin

1998 Mustang GT
    Coyote Swapped

Thread Information