Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MUSTANG II TAKES A BACK SEAT....

Quote Originally Posted by NXcoupe View Post
    I agree. I'm on the inside watching this change occur. Hybrid is the only thing that makes sense today. Electric car's batteries manufacturing is a nightmare of pollution and no one is even contemplating disposing of the batteries that wear out, and they wear out quickly. Lithium is very rare and as these idiots legislate battery powered vehicles, the demand will outweigh the supply. Afghanistan has one of the richest supplies of Lithium, but good luck getting it. I don't like what I'm seeing so far and the next 4 years are going to do a lot of damage to our future income, health care and energy costs. The science isn't there yet for us to abandon internal combustion engines just yet. Tesla is going thru a lot of batteries due to their charging and discharging strategies, last time I heard, so this is far from over yet. Jmho. Electric isn't the answer to the concern, it's a temp band aid. .
    B-I-N-G-OOOOOOOOOOOOOOH! spells BINGO.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Let me zoom out to clarify my stance on the matter. I simply like the performance aspect of the technology. More so the aftermarket versus OEM products. Cascadia power system, AEM electronics, traction control, dual motor attached to a Reid case Powerglide... That is available right now. That would be slick in a clean fox coupe.

Im not concerned with political views, infrastructure, whale saving, rich people etc. Performance, just performance.
    You won't get goose bumps from the cam lope or the exhaust note! lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus View Post

I just flashed back to pre puberty remembering and wondering why my dick got hard at age 12ish when I saw her. DAMN! She is still one of the finest looking creatures God ever created. I put her right up there with Jane Russell, Marilyn Monroe, Sophia Loren, Ingrid Bergman, and Grace Kelly. I'll mention Megan Fox to add a modern day name to the list.

Quote Originally Posted by NXcoupe View Post
    I agree. I'm on the inside watching this change occur. Hybrid is the only thing that makes sense today. Electric car's batteries manufacturing is a nightmare of pollution and no one is even contemplating disposing of the batteries that wear out, and they wear out quickly. Lithium is very rare and as these idiots legislate battery powered vehicles, the demand will outweigh the supply. Afghanistan has one of the richest supplies of Lithium, but good luck getting it. I don't like what I'm seeing so far and the next 4 years are going to do a lot of damage to our future income, health care and energy costs. The science isn't there yet for us to abandon internal combustion engines just yet. Tesla is going thru a lot of batteries due to their charging and discharging strategies, last time I heard, so this is far from over yet. Jmho. Electric isn't the answer to the concern, it's a temp band aid. .
    Not to mention california cant generate enough electricity right now to keep hospitals lit up. How are they also going to charge 100 million electric cars that need 50 amp+ connectivity on top of current usage. I know that the infrastructure can be built, but right now they cant even fix supply?!?..... They will probably come up with a genius plan to run diesel generators at charging stations to keep up the demand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    #2 - 2020 DD Challenge List

1997 Cobra - C heads, Cams, Sullivan intake, long tubes, homemade cai, 4.30, strange axles, e85, chromoly cage
    2000 Saleen S281SC - factory "stock"

Quote Originally Posted by S281SC View Post
    Not to mention california cant generate enough electricity right now to keep hospitals lit up. How are they also going to charge 100 million electric cars that need 50 amp+ connectivity on top of current usage. I know that the infrastructure can be built, but right now they cant even fix supply?!?..... They will probably come up with a genius plan to run diesel generators at charging stations to keep up the demand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hemp shoes and man-bun will be mandatory in CA by 2023.

How are we going to power all these chargers? Coal powerplants? Wind turbines that require oil and frequent oil changes and also kills birds? Nuclear?
    1992 Mustang LX Coupe, 302, PA C4 and On3 70mm.
    1993 Reef Blue hatch, 347, 3550, and a kit.
    1992 Gould GT project...

Quote Originally Posted by draggin50 View Post
    How are we going to power all these chargers? Coal powerplants? Wind turbines that require oil and frequent oil changes and also kills birds? Nuclear?
    Hydrogen. LOL

^^^ H2's byproduct when being burned is H2O. Back in the early 80's scientists were fooling around with seeing if they could find a way to split H20, burn the H2, capture the water vapor, then split again in a form of perpetual motion. It was called Hydrolysis if I recall correctly. Big article on it I read in the very first year of DISCOVER magazine. But as with many things like this, the cost and energy top split the H20 molecule took more energy than it produced when rebonded back into water vapor when the H2 was burned. Great idea, just not practical. I always hoped that other ideas of working with H2 after that would have caught on. Sadly people were so convinced that H2 was too dangerous to work with because of the Hindenburg incident. What they weren't aware is that H2 was not the big issue in that incident. It was early on in too high a concentration level to explode. It did burn but the accelerant that caused the airship to burn so quickly was the aluminum powder in the paint on the material covering the frame in which the H2 was held. All combustible gases have a high and low concentration level in which they will ignite with air. Some ranges are smaller than others. Below that range it will not ignite at all, above the range it may burn but will nor explode. High enough concentration level and it may not even burn. H2 has an LEL of 5% by volume and a UEL of 17%.

Quote Originally Posted by redfirepearlgt View Post
    ^^^ H2's byproduct when being burned is H2O. Back in the early 80's scientists were fooling around with seeing if they could find a way to split H20, burn the H2, capture the water vapor, then split again in a form of perpetual motion. It was called Hydrolysis if I recall correctly. Big article on it I read in the very first year of DISCOVER magazine. But as with many things like this, the cost and energy top split the H20 molecule took more energy than it produced when rebonded back into water vapor when the H2 was burned. Great idea, just not practical. I always hoped that other ideas of working with H2 after that would have caught on. Sadly people were so convinced that H2 was too dangerous to work with because of the Hindenburg incident. What they weren't aware is that H2 was not the big issue in that incident. It was early on in too high a concentration level to explode. It did burn but the accelerant that caused the airship to burn so quickly was the aluminum powder in the paint on the material covering the frame in which the H2 was held. All combustible gases have a high and low concentration level in which they will ignite with air. Some ranges are smaller than others. Below that range it will not ignite at all, above the range it may burn but will nor explode. High enough concentration level and it may not even burn. H2 has an LEL of 5% by volume and a UEL of 17%.
    LOL

Thread Information