Thread: Rick Voltzy Died Today

Rick Voltzy Died Today

Voltzy passed away today. He was a friend I've known for 25+ years. Not having facebook I had no idea he had gotten so bad. He passed away today. He had the little root beer stand with the best burgers and food in the area. I took a lot of people down there to eat and meet Rick over the years. I will miss him. Can't believe he left so quickly.

I spoke to Sammy a bit ago and she is wanting to keep the place open. If she is successful, then I'm going to organize a cruise in there.

Im so glad you took me there and I was able to meet them both. He was something else! Definitely not a person I will forget. I will be sure to make it there for a meet or just to get a burger. Sad day. I looked forward to going there again and just didn't get to.
    1992 Mustang LX Coupe, 302, PA C4 and On3 70mm.
    1993 Reef Blue hatch, 347, 3550, and a kit.
    1992 Gould GT project...

I hate to hear that, he was definitely one of a kind.
    Rick

Rick90lx@yahoo-dot-com
    6.27625 liters of turbocharged goodness

Thanks guys, he was def a dear friend. I used to call him from Afghanistan just to hear him give me shit. Lol. If you ordered your sandwich without onions, it was double virgin pussy! Lol. Cam reminded me of that one. He always called my wife Jenny Craig cuz she is 2 lbs over her birth weight. Lol. He was a vietnam vet and a hell of an interesting guy to talk to.

Life happens way to fast sometimes.
    Sorry for your loss.
    http://stangbang.tripod.com/ Where all this began!
    http://stangbang.tripod.com/twisted/ Vinny
    1984 Mustang build @craig_btr on Instagram

Sucks to hear of this. I haven't been there in way too long. Definitely need to do some type of cruise there if they keep the place open.
    Greg
    Midnight Mafia

Thanks guys. Greg, Sammy and I had a long talk yesterday evening about opening it back up. She's worked with him for 7 years or more and he left her the place for a reason. She needs to get the land lease in her name and then it's just semantics after that. I've offered to help clean get her supplied with food for start up. Anything to keep her and that place going.

Sorry for your loss. Never easy loosing a close friend.
    Joe

Quote Originally Posted by NXcoupe View Post
    Thanks guys. Greg, Sammy and I had a long talk yesterday evening about opening it back up. She's worked with him for 7 years or more and he left her the place for a reason. She needs to get the land lease in her name and then it's just semantics after that. I've offered to help clean get her supplied with food for start up. Anything to keep her and that place going.
    Hopefully everything works out in her favor and she is able to get it back up and running. I really enjoyed the food. Just sucks Im 50 miles away or so. Id eat there everyday if I was close!
    1992 Mustang LX Coupe, 302, PA C4 and On3 70mm.
    1993 Reef Blue hatch, 347, 3550, and a kit.
    1992 Gould GT project...

I enjoyed going there with you Mike, he was a hoot, and enjoyed the fried Bologna sandwich as well.
    #9 2011 Spring Street Car Shoutout

1991 Mini Tubed Mustang Coupe, in the works.
    351W base, PG, Stock Suspension chassis

Thanks guys. I spoke with her and she said they changed the lease over to her name. So she intends to open back up. She has a go fund me page to raise money for funeral expenses and start up expenses. First thing she is doing is cleaning the entire place top to bottom.

That's terrible to hear. I got to know Rick when I worked at my uncles gas station by the dayton mall. He would come in everyday to play lottery but would hang out for hours just to bullshit. He was a such a good guy and would keep us laughing everytime he came in.
    2013 f150 FX4 ecoboost
    95 Lightning-Vortech
    89 Vert-GT40-P Motor, Exhaust, 4.10 gear on Bullets
    99 Baja Outlaw BES 510bbc ATI procharger

Thread Information