Thread: Learning to paint.. on my Cobra.

Learning to paint.. on my Cobra.

I thought I would try my hand at painting. I wanted to refresh the paint on the bumper of my Cobra for awhile since I had a couple scrapes I wanted to fix.

Joe

Man that turned out pretty good!
    1992 Mustang LX Coupe, 302, PA C4 and On3 70mm.
    1993 Reef Blue hatch, 347, 3550, and a kit.
    1992 Gould GT project...

Thanks! Probably going to paint some of the Volvo after I get the swap done. I didn’t have to sand or buff the paint after I finished which was nice. It was mostly getting the gun set right. Took a pint of base and a pint of clear to paint this. I took the car to a local body shop for qoute. They wanted a ton of money since they wanted to order a new bumper and such probably so they can warranty the work. So for about 70 for paint, 30 for materials, 50 for the tent and 100 for the paint gun set it wasn’t too expensive. Now I have everything to paint something else and paint is rather cheep. I also took a heat gun to the bottom portion and it darken it back up which was nice.
    Last edited by PKFIRE; 01-08-2021 at 09:05 AM.
    Joe

I have been eyeing one of those inflatable paint booths for this. I owned a restoration shop for 10 years and did metal, body and paintwork. All self taught btw. I'm ready to start doing it again at some point.
    You did a great job with the bumper. Fyi, you can take the gas tank door off and take it to the paint store and they can match the paint to account for fading.

Quote Originally Posted by NXcoupe View Post
    I have been eyeing one of those inflatable paint booths for this. I owned a restoration shop for 10 years and did metal, body and paintwork. All self taught btw. I'm ready to start doing it again at some point.
    You did a great job with the bumper. Fyi, you can take the gas tank door off and take it to the paint store and they can match the paint to account for fading.
    Thank you! That’s good to know about the gas tank door. I would like one of those inflatable paint booth also. I really enjoyed painting it and my neighbors probably think I’m crazy going into a wedding tent and painting parts. They probably thought I was going to have a party when I did this when I was setting it up,lol.
    Joe

Thread Information