Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gould #22 Tangerine Dream

Gould #22 Tangerine Dream

Finally tracked this car down after I seen it in 2008 @ a dealership in Wilmington. I had been wanting this car since then. It was rough, very rough. It's currently in the body shop now having both quarters replaced.

It'll be painted just like it was when Gould did it. Also had the Gould Mustang that's on the fenders and bumper recreated to match perfectly.

I am wanting to see some pictures of the other Gould cars. I've seen 2,3 and 15. Read through the old threads but the image hosting is gone. If you can't post them here, please e-mail me @ josh.mick@redcollarpet.com

Here are a few pictures of #22 in it's current state.

https://us-east-2.protection.sophos....aa147fd4a28567

Glad to see ya make it over here!

Since Photobucket went to shit, most images are lost. I don't think Bruce or Greazy get on here anymore. I think I have them all saved on a flash drive somewhere. Ill try to dig them up. That was a fun car when I had it. Was showing it age back then. Good to see it getting fixed back up where it should be.
    1992 Mustang LX Coupe, 302, PA C4 and On3 70mm.
    1993 Reef Blue hatch, 347, 3550, and a kit.
    1992 Gould GT project...

Todd (Cyah) has #15 still and its in the middle of a build. Check it out under the projects section.
    1992 Gould GT project...

Thanks man! I would appreciate it if you could. My brother was in the car scene back when the Gould's were rolling out so we've been a fan for awhile. I always loved wild paint schemes.. and mustangs of course!

I'll check out the build!

Also, if you have any pics of 22 when you had it, I would love to see them! Got a few from Brian McWhorter

Copied from Greazy's thread...

Gould Mustang #1 aka the Yellow Car

Again starting with a thrown away wreck, Gould brought it back and it started the first of the numbered cars in the "Gould Mustang" series . Shortly after completion , this car was stolen out of his driveway and never to be returned. Rumor has it , it has been spoted in Florida a few times.
    Gould%20_1-5 by Brian Mcwhorter, on Flickr
    1992 Gould GT project...

Gould Mustang #2

After #1 was stolen, another wreck was chosen to start the build of #2. #2 was first painted all turquoise with the purple splash treatment. After a heated argument ( damn ex-wife) Bruce hit a guardrail with it, again it was totaled. In typical Gould fashion he rebuilt it , changed the paint scheme added a b-cam and a Paxton supercharger.

Bruce sold the car and it changed hands a few times around Wilmington and Hillsboro. The car was wrecked again by one of the owners , Bruce repaired it and it is still in the Wilminton area.

gould_2-7 by Brian Mcwhorter, on Flickr
    1992 Gould GT project...

Gould Mustang #3 aka Rodney's Blue Angle. I owned this one too and it now belongs to Mark Pence in Wilmington.

This was the first of customer cars to be custom painted by Gould. Car was painted for Rodney ( dont remember his last name). I dont know much about the car. I know it was repainted close to the same way by someone else. It has changed hand a few times and I think it belongs to someone on here.

gould_3-2 by Brian Mcwhorter, on Flickr
    1992 Gould GT project...

Gould Mustang #4 aka roy g biv

Probably the least favorite for most in the Gould line up. I think Bruce had psychedelic vision when he was building this one. After this pic it was treated to some orange grahpics. Car was sold and where abouts are unknown.

gould_4 by Brian Mcwhorter, on Flickr
    1992 Gould GT project...

Gould Mustang #5

After one of Bruce's friends wrecked his Mustang he traded it in on another Gt they had on the lot for sale. Bruce resurrected it and trasformed it into Gould Mustang #5. Many bolt ons , a supercharger and Bruce's singnature gt-40 rear bumper were added along with the so cool back in the day tri-fan wheels. The last known owner for this car was in Indiana.

gould_5-3 by Brian Mcwhorter, on Flickr
    1992 Gould GT project...

Gould Mustang #6 aka The Hillbillys

I dont remember all the history on this one. I think they started building it for someone and they backed out before it was finished. I do know it was converted to a 93 Cobra clone back when they first came out and using all oem ford cobra parts.

At some point some hillbillys in Ky ended up with it and would come to the shop with it. They would tell us stories about how on the weekend they would unbolt the exhuast on thier chevys , rev them up and drink beer. We dubbed them the hillbilys after that.

gould_6 by Brian Mcwhorter, on Flickr

- - - Updated - - -

Gould Mustang #7 aka The Old Mans Car

After seeing all the fun Bruce was having taking his cars to the shows. It was time for for Bruce's dad aka "the old man" to get in on the action. This car was built for Bruces dad. he enjoyed it for a short time, but he then sold it to Steve Raznick or "Raz" as most know him. A short time later Raz broke reverse gear doing doughnuts in reverse . Where abouts unknown.

I can not write this and not mention, sadley two years ago Bruces Dad past away. The old man will be dearly missed by all , he always took care of any of us boys who were around back then. He was our bank when we needed it, our life adviser, our mechanic when we couldnt fix it and a great person. R.I.P. Bruce Gould JR.

gould_7-4 by Brian Mcwhorter, on Flickr
    1992 Gould GT project...

Gould Mustang #8

#8 belongs to a cousin of Bruce's wife. I dont know of any mods to it other than Gould painted the car and added a GT-40 rear bumper. The cousin still owns it.

gould_8-2 by Brian Mcwhorter, on Flickr
    1992 Gould GT project...

And my favorite one of them all. "Rev 9"

Gould Mustang #9 aka REV 9 & Barney

REV 9 is the car of cars for many Gould fans. #9 came to Gould with not much left to it, it had been stolen, stripped and recovered. Bruce transfromed the gutted hall in to a magazine feature car.

#9 not only received the wildest paint job to date , but the most mods as well. Mods included a 93 oem cobra exterior upgrade, leather interior, ported heads with larger valves, e303 cam, custom made upper intake mated to a ported lower, 6lb paxton and all the normal bolt ons.

Barney was sold to Howie Lunsford and then traded hands a few time around the Wilmington / Hillsboro area. #9 was beat to death via a baseball bat and the interior was slashed. Rev 9 was never brought back to life.

My story of #9

#9 would run 12.00 all day long and would never get into the 11's. 1994 Labor day weekend, Bruce and I loaded the car up and headed for Fun Ford at Kil Kare. I said " Gould were puttin it in the 11's today". On the second pass of the day Bruce crossed the traps @ 11.96 , to me it was like we just won Daytona.

gould_9-3 by Brian Mcwhorter, on Flickr
    1992 Gould GT project...

#14 Owned by Bundy. Now out in Oklahoma with him.

l_750da45912c6b1f2f21dc19544ec348e by Brian Mcwhorter, on Flickr
    l_4993b6f6c8b327df870197229ff66934 by Brian Mcwhorter, on Flickr
    1992 Gould GT project...

This is awesome man! Thanks for taking the time to put this together. Nice to see the pics and the history behind them.

So far #14 is my favorite. Always loved the Centerline Warriors

#15 Built for Scott Huddleson. Now owned by Todd Ghering. I bought it in pieces, put the 347 that Mike Bell had in his convertible in it, then sold it. It passed hands a few times until Todd got it.

Gould Mustang #15

Scott "HUD" Huddelson owned #15. Not long after purchasing his GT Hud wrecked it.. Still wearing the 30 day tag ,Scoot took the car to Gould to fix it. #15 was fairly new at the time but somebody had painted this once Green GT , Dark Blue. The paint was less than a good Maco job. After trying to figure out how to match the mess that was there , Hud opted for a Gould custom.

Bruce went to work repairing the damage, then adding the Saleen wing and Gt-40 rear bumper. Bruce designed another magazine feature paint scheme with this one.

A while later Hud brought it back to Goulds and had a color matched cage , motor and a k-memeber installed. I am not sure if Hud ever finished the car before selling it.

This car now belongs to Draggin 50 and hopefully someday we will see an ET.

0203mmfp_12z+ford_mustang_gt+right_rear_view by Brian Mcwhorter, on Flickr
    IMG_2193 by Brian Mcwhorter, on Flickr
    Last edited by draggin50; 02-28-2021 at 10:41 AM.
    1992 Gould GT project...

How I got it.

IMG_0497 by Brian Mcwhorter, on Flickr

- - - Updated - - -

IMG_0835 by Brian Mcwhorter, on Flickr
    1992 Gould GT project...

There are a lot more out there. 25 to be exact. Ill see if I can find more pictures.

Since Bruce Sr. is gone and Bruce Jr. in Florida, Id say there will be no more built. They were icons back in the day! Probably what made me love them so much.
    1992 Gould GT project...

Man, so many of these cars passed thru my shop or showed up in the parking lot to get a part or just show it off. Bruce is a heck of a guy. I remember fun ford weekend back in the 90s, it came down to Bruce, the guy who owned the speed shop in Brown county I think, and me. I beat the guy from that speed shop then Bruce beat me. Lol, it was prob the one race Bruce didn't want to win because it was like 11 pm on Sunday night and we all wanted to go home. Things just aren't like they used to be in the stang world.

Quote Originally Posted by Gould#22 View Post
    Finally tracked this car down after I seen it in 2008 @ a dealership in Wilmington. I had been wanting this car since then. It was rough, very rough. It's currently in the body shop now having both quarters replaced.

It'll be painted just like it was when Gould did it. Also had the Gould Mustang that's on the fenders and bumper recreated to match perfectly.

I am wanting to see some pictures of the other Gould cars. I've seen 2,3 and 15. Read through the old threads but the image hosting is gone. If you can't post them here, please e-mail me @ josh.mick@redcollarpet.com

Here are a few pictures of #22 in it's current state.

Welcome! And I remember this car. I loved it when I saw it.

Thread Information