Thread: 2008 Mustang GT - Red Rocket

2008 Mustang GT - Red Rocket

Going to pick this up on Saturday. This is a friend of mine's old car he sold to the guy I am getting it from. Yes I know - LS and 4L80E come with it but I think it is too good a deal to pass up. Details in the pics

LS Swapped - Locally hated now

Ive got no problem with LS engines....as long as they remain out of ford engine bays. 'Transgender' is my technical term for this. Sell it to PKFire so he can have it as a backup for his Volvo project.

The car is nice! Always been interesting how people choose to go this route with GM parts in a Mustang since there so bolt in ford options but it sounds like a pretty well put together car. Chad not sure what you think of putting an old Volvo motor into a Ford Ranger, Dakota or S10. I just have a good motor and no car to put it in. I’ve even considered putting into a fox body.
    Joe

Quote Originally Posted by redfirepearlgt View Post
    Ive got no problem with LS engines....as long as they remain out of ford engine bays. 'Transgender' is my technical term for this. Sell it to PKFire so he can have it as a backup for his Volvo project.
    Yes Mike busted my balls earlier about that. It comes with the car so maybe I can find someone wanting to trade their coyote and trans combo . Either way slapping a Holley on it gets it close to running depending on what left there is to do on the LS.

Yea LS motor gotta go!

LS SWAP THE WORLD!!!
    http://stangbang.tripod.com/ Where all this began!
    http://stangbang.tripod.com/twisted/ Vinny
    1984 Mustang build @craig_btr on Instagram

What do you want for all the ls stuff ???
    Engine, trans, computer, etc ???
    Aaron

F**K Photobucket !!!

Internet says LS engines are $300 and are absolutely everywhere. So pay attention, you may literally trip over one in the next 5 min.

Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Internet says LS engines are $300 and are absolutely everywhere. So pay attention, you may literally trip over one in the next 5 min.

Well I figured that and some $80 ebay turbos and I'd make 1,800 hp and run 7s !!! LMFAO
    Aaron

F**K Photobucket !!!

Hahahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by k062693w View Post
    What do you want for all the ls stuff ???
    Engine, trans, computer, etc ???
    I haven't picked it up yet. Honestly I am okay with using the LS and the 4l80E in it right now. I don't think it has an ECU. It had a holley but I think that got sold separate so I will have to buy another one. When it goes turbo - it will be a T6 turbo - probably a VS Racing as I have had good luck with them so far.

Two turbo cars, a glutton for punishment!

Quote Originally Posted by gzbs197 View Post
    I haven't picked it up yet. Honestly I am okay with using the LS and the 4l80E in it right now. I don't think it has an ECU. It had a holley but I think that got sold separate so I will have to buy another one. When it goes turbo - it will be a T6 turbo - probably a VS Racing as I have had good luck with them so far.
    Sounds Good !!! Keep me in mind !!!
    Aaron

F**K Photobucket !!!

Quote Originally Posted by gzbs197 View Post
    Their billet 80 would probably work out pretty nice on this if you're wanting a T6.
    Greg
    Midnight Mafia

Thread Information