Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: 98 Cobra Family Cruiser

Looks great James !! Nice work !
    Threads like this help to motivate me to work on my stuff !
    -----------------------------------------
    Scott
    93 Coupe
    66 Fastback

Quote Originally Posted by Gearhead View Post
    Looks great James !! Nice work !
    Threads like this help to motivate me to work on my stuff !
    Seriously just holler at me if you ever need a hand. At this point I owe you about 100 labor hours
    98 Cobra - Bolt Ons
    2017 F-150 3.5 EB

Got a few small things done yesterday. Replaced the nipple deal behind the water pump to the stock o-ring style nipple to allow the use of the stock hard pipe that goes back to the driver side head. All the heater core hoses / cooling mod hoses are now done.

Ordered up the rest of the fuel fittings and hose I think I'll need. Going to adapt the stock hardlines where they come into the passenger side of the bay to -6 AN PTFE hose up to the rails. Then everything will again be -6 AN to the return. I need to get the intake manifold on and the CAI on so I can figure out where I want to mount the FPR. I don't have any one obvious spot I'm seeing right now. I am really thinking it may just be best to pull the doghouse and route a lot of this factory wiring behind the inner fenders. Not only do I need the room, but I think it'll clean the bay up a lot.

The Moroso coolant reservoir showed up and I got that mocked up. Not really loving the fitment. The hoses from the coolant tank and the power steering reservoir (both Moroso) are running into each other. Nothing is ever easy with aftermarket parts LOL
    98 Cobra - Bolt Ons
    2017 F-150 3.5 EB

Nothing super exciting going on at the moment, but just tying up the tedious odds and ends to get this thing fired up. Working on the fuel system now and adapting the stock hard fuel lines to -6 AN braided PTFE line using Fore rails and FPR. The Mach 1 intake manifold does not work with the stock 98 fuel rail and the 99+ rails don't have a return line so had to go this route unless I wanted to cut up the stock rail.

1/4" for the return and 5/16" feed push lock adapters by Russell:

Adapter plate, upper lid and fuel rails permanently mounted. Going to run the stock 24lb injectors for the time being:

98 Cobra - Bolt Ons
    2017 F-150 3.5 EB

Thread Information