Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread: New Shop

Quote Originally Posted by 2Fast4You View Post
    Mike, Where did you get the metal ceiling pieces?

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
    I found a guy on Marketplace that was selling it at 33 a sheet. It's not ceiling thickness, it's wall thickness which is what I wanted. It's thicker than normal ceiling metal.

Thanks everyone! I am stoked. Neil and I will be ready for a break when it's done, but will probably be short lived as we've been Jonesing to get the racks up and get to work. I'll have a grand opening, dyno day, cruise in, etc here soon. It won't be completely finished for a while, probably over winter, but it'll be done enough to get to work. I'm ready to race and focus on other things.

awesome. its time everyone was given an enema to get off the couch and start getting out and doing things after 3 years of constipated control by fauci. looking forward to seeing the facility and some old faces and hopefully some new ones as well.

Quote Originally Posted by redfirepearlgt View Post
    awesome. its time everyone was given an enema to get off the couch and start getting out and doing things after 3 years of constipated control by fauci. looking forward to seeing the facility and some old faces and hopefully some new ones as well.
    Me too, my friend, me too. I'm about tired of not racing, so car is ready, and I'm just waiting on weather to let me get to a track. I'd really like to get it on a rack to go over everything, but I'm just tired of waiting.

Things are really starting to come along with the new shop. Mike has primarily done all of the updates on here but I thought I'd share a few pics. We've been going ham on this place and it's starting to show. Very excited at this point.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Dang nice work yall!!!!!

Looking Good! All kinds of room for activities!
    http://stangbang.tripod.com/ Where all this began!
    http://stangbang.tripod.com/twisted/ Vinny
    1984 Mustang build @craig_btr on Instagram

Hell yea!
    98 Cobra - Bolt Ons
    2017 F-150 3.5 EB

lookin good mike. Cant wait to see the finished product

BTW - nice photobomb

Awesome to have a shop like that at home!
    Rick

Rick90lx@yahoo-dot-com
    6.27625 liters of turbocharged goodness

Thanks Neil! Couldn't have done it without ya! Thanks everyone.

Well, that Monday, I went over to the rental place in Middletown and got a scissors lift so Neil and I could get the last rack assembly finished and wire them all up. We got started right after work and worked until about 10, but got it all done. Looks good to me, and that's what matters. All of them work, at least the motor spun when the button was pushed, the rest is up to the rack guy. The 4 post rotary lift is kind of wired up hillbilly style, sketchy, but it works for now.

Thursday, the rack guy showed up and he went to work with his helper. They busted ass and got it all done. They anchored, leveled, and adjusted all the racks, all 5 of them. They work like they should. I'm really happy with how they turned out and they will even lift those two Mopar tanks without issue. We're getting close fellas! The very back one looks like the car is leaning, I thought oh crap!, it's not right!, but I looked under it and saw that one of the spacers was missing, so I looked around and found it stuck to another one in a box, put it on, and now it's perfectly level as it should be.

Much needed updates. I have been busy and frankly, just didn't have the energy to sit and write and post most days when I finally got to sit down. I can't thank Neil enough for helping me with this. Without him and my other friends, this would not be as far as it is.
    After the racks were installed, it was time to focus on getting the dyno up and working again. First thing was to get power back to the auxiliary panel at the rear of the shop. We mounted the panel and ran a few short run wires for outlet circuits.

Then we started running the circuits over to the Dyno, we needed two branches of conduit, one for the lift and the other for the eddy brake and the 110 outlets.

We also hooked up the compressors. They will work in unison, the larger one kicks on first, then the smaller one comes in as a helping hand to keep up with demand. I anticipate some sandblasting in my future.

My buddy Sonny Qvick came out and gave me a great quote for doing the pad out front and graveling the driveway temporarily. The gravel he used turned into near concrete after it was rained on once. He poured a 20x60 pad for the front, this keeps dirt and nasties out of the shop and slopes water away from the doors.

He also took the time to move my toolboxes from my house garage down to the shop. He is a heck of a nice guy and was very careful with them. Not a scratch!

While Sonny was busy out front, Neil and I started running the air lines so we could air the dyno and the 4 post rack. I ran it from the compressors around the corner and across the back wall. We stopped it just past the aux box for now. I'll continue it on when I get some time this winter.

Sonny decided to pour it in two sections, one each day. They got it all ready and compacted the day before and the next day they showed up with concrete.

First half is done.

This was the end of the next day. All done!

Sonny has since come back and graded, compacted, etc. It looks great now. Once it rains we'll check the drainage flow and he'll make changes if needed.
    We moved onto running the air lines and finishing the electric to the dyno. I think it turned out better than any of the times I've installed this thing. It looks great to me, and that's what matters. Hope you all agree.

I went to the Parker Store and got custom lines made up to go from the compressors to the supply line. It's all hooked up and working now, no leaks. One reel is hooked up with 5 more to go.

Had to get a new one of these. Harbor Freight to the rescue.

Then it was time for what we had been dreading, running the 2-2-2 cable from the main box to the auxiliary box. We ran conduit up and across the back, then ran it along the 2x12 across the top, then to conduit down to the main box. Turned out nice and we have powah!

All done.

Last edited by NXcoupe; 10-24-2022 at 08:45 PM.

Sonny got the driveway looking better. This was before compacting.

Next, to test the dyno. Got Mike's beautiful LX hatch up on the dyno to finalize the tune and fix a few things I found. Car made some impressive power for what it is.

Then my buddy Mike Easter(I have a lot of friends named Mike, lol), brought his beautiful 67 GT 500 mustang over to finalize the tune after he finished the car. It's an amazing car to see in person.

Thread Information