Thread: Coyote Coupe Project

Threaded View

Coyote Coupe Project

So, I thought I'd pick up from here as to what's up with my car. Plenty of you have seen it go down the track and know it's just scratching the surface of what it's potential is. I'm cool with it, as I wanted to take baby steps since I've not ran anything fast since 2011. I think I've done ok so far with keeping it under control and being able to progress with it. A few weeks ago, towards the end of July, I turned the boost up from approx 14 psi up to 19. I also changed out the trans controller with the GEN 1 quick 6 controller. I didn't soften the shifts up, I had increased the shift firmness with the GEN 2 controller because the shifts were slipping and it wasn't working as well as the GEN 1. It started lifting the wheels on the 1-2 shift and on the 2-3 shift. I didn't think anything of it, and just kept rockin it like a dumbass. So 3 weeks ago, I was doing my license passes, and I was on my first full pass for it, when it shifted from 2 to 3 and all hell broke loose. All kinds of noise under the car and I got it under control, and pulled to the right in case I was leaking anything. I wasn't, but when I got out my left wheel was hanging out of the wheelwell. It wasn't until later when I was strapping it down that I figured out what happened. Check out the pics.

Since I have no shop, this is how I've been fixing it.

I got it all back together except for the anti roll bar and I need to get a new tube in my slick, I think it ripped the valve stem from the shock.
    Last edited by NXcoupe; 08-26-2021 at 10:44 PM.

Thread Information