Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Delta Variant

The Delta Variant

9 days into this now, still running a 101+ fever. Breathing is difficult- winded like you ran up two flights of steps, but it never stops. This shit is pure evil. Can't taste nothing, eating is like chewing on a sponge.

I have no health issues, I don't smoke and this thing has put me down like nothing I've ever had. Easily twice as bad as the normal flu.

I did not want the vaccine prior to getting this- but if I could go back and do it again, I would get it for sure. I'll probably still get it in month or so from now to really peak the antibodies prior to the holidays.

Be safe out there, especially if you have health issues or you are a smoker.
    2003 SVT Mustang Cobra
    11.40@124
    Pics, mods, track videos, other stuff..

The rest of the fleet:
    2019 Edge ST
    2015 Taurus SHO
    2013 SVT F150 Raptor

Hope you get better soon. That shit ain't no joke. Wouldn't wish it on anyone. I think I had it in Feb 2020 but they wouldn't test me at that point being that they was limited on the number of tests they had. I was down for 2 weeks pretty solid. We passed it around at work for a good 2 months. We had a Rep that had just returned from China that most likely spread it to us all.

Some people have mild symptoms, and others get it bad. Its crazy how it works.

You hear so many different things. If you get it the antibodies are the best, better than the vaccine I've read. There are just so many made up story's out there you don't know what to believe. Sure would be nice to go back to the way it was but those days are long gone.
    1992 Mustang LX Coupe, 302, PA C4 and On3 70mm.
    1993 Reef Blue hatch, 347, 3550, and a kit.
    1992 Gould GT project...

Then yesterday I was reading about the new variant "Mu". Said it was resistant to the vaccine.
    1992 Gould GT project...

There is so much bullshit out there, thank facebook for perpetuating and even creating this bs. I got my vaccine the day I was eligible and same with my daughter. My wife refuses. She used to use the 'it's not fda approved' excuse and now that it's approved, she still won't get it.
    Everybody, get your shot. Period. Nothing will happen to you, get the phizer. I had zero side effects, same with my kid. Too much hype, trump hate and lies circulating about this. It's just like a flu shot.
    Hope you get better soon. I wouldn't wish this on my ex wife. It sucks and people are still dying because they refuse to get vaccinated. I don't get it. Speedy recovery.

We just had a round of this go through my work again. Luckily the symptoms were very mild and all people I talked to who got it were vaccinated this time around. I got it last year before the vaccination. I was sick for 10 days. Another guy was sick for over two weeks and one guy lost his taste for 6 months. This was all before vaccinations. I’m surprised how this virus just keeps holding together, mutating and not breaking down. I can see this going on for years unfortunately. Hope you feel better and all stay well. I know people are taking more risk again.
    Joe

Screw that vaccine, I'll take my chances with the immune system I was given. You guys can make fun of me after I'm dead and gone.
    Rick

Rick90lx@yahoo-dot-com
    6.27625 liters of turbocharged goodness

The efficacy of the Pfizer vaccine has fallen significantly with the delta variant and I suspect it will continue to fall with each new variant. Despite the story the media has spun the Pfizer jab is still under emergency use authorization and thus still receiving full immunity of law suits. The BioNTech version is the one that received the approval but it isn’t available on the market. The Moderna vaccine is proving a fair bit more effective against variants but that probably due to the fact that each dose contains 7 times as much mRNA as the Pfizer vaccine. Apparently the Johnson & Johnson vaccine is significantly more likely to cause an adverse reaction but it is still statistically very very safe.

I was on the bubble about maybe getting jabbed but seeing as how I am currently recovering from Covid I believe I’ll stick with what Mother Nature has provided.
    They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Ben Franklin

1998 Mustang GT
    Coyote Swapped

Quote Originally Posted by Rick93coupe View Post
    Screw that vaccine, I'll take my chances with the immune system I was given. You guys can make fun of me after I'm dead and gone.
    Im with you. Already had it, lets see how it pans out. I don't want to be part of the next late night infomercial for a botched vaccine with all the side effects that are being suppressed.
    1992 Gould GT project...

Quote Originally Posted by Rick93coupe View Post

I'm with you 1,000% ...

The Shit I've been through if a virus takes me out, It was meant to be ...
    Aaron

F**K Photobucket !!!

This "vaccine" is NOTHING like the flu shot. People react differently to these "vaccines" much like everyone is different in how they are affected by Covid itself. I'm high risk and I've seen enough to know I won't be getting the jab. I'll just give my immune system the tools to fight this as best it can and hope for the best as I feel that's where my best chances of beating it are.
    Greg
    Midnight Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Kwik92GT View Post
    This "vaccine" is NOTHING like the flu shot. People react differently to these "vaccines" much like everyone is different in how they are affected by Covid itself. I'm high risk and I've seen enough to know I won't be getting the jab. I'll just give my immune system the tools to fight this as best it can and hope for the best as I feel that's where my best chances of beating it are.
    This is really where I'm at as well. I think it's great if people want to get the vaccine, but there is too much documentation out now showing the risks of long lasting side effects especially folks with certain pre-existing conditions. Heart issues run rampant on my Dad's side and that's an ongoing issue I'm seeing with getting the vaccine. I personally think that everyone should be working with their doctor and be case by case situations. Like you said, Greg, there is no single fix for everybody.
    98 Cobra - Bolt Ons
    2017 F-150 3.5 EB

In the end, I'm glad I suffered through without a vaccine- I believe it prepares you for the upcoming variations of the virus way better than any vaccine can.

There will be no "sneaking in" with new variants. My body knows everything about that damn corona virus now, including how to instantly kill it. It will recognize that CV-19 immediately, even it's it's wearing a disguise of different proteins. The mu variant is a perfect example- if your protection is vaccine based, your body does not recognize it as a threat. They will need a different vaccine for that one.

Mu started in South America and it's here now. It's only 1% right now, but it's gonna take off if the vaccines do not protect you from it. The vaccinated, in general, are not taking any precautions with regard to masks and distancing anymore. Look at any sporting event.

At least there's only 120 or so possible variants of this thing.
    2003 SVT Mustang Cobra
    11.40@124

The rest of the fleet:
    2019 Edge ST
    2015 Taurus SHO
    2013 SVT F150 Raptor

Glad to hear you fought your way through naturally, I'm sure it sucked. As you know, that's the best way to fight off any other variant that raises it's head. Nothing about this vax is like the one's previously. NOTHING. My wife had covid and symptoms lasted for about 6 weeks. I got tested and was clean. I stay up on my vitamins though, so evidently my immune system is working as it's supposed to.
    Rick

Rick90lx@yahoo-dot-com
    6.27625 liters of turbocharged goodness

So, I'm seeing more and more vaccinated people getting COVID. My niece was vaccinated a month ago- she's got it right now. A co-worker was vaccinated back when they were first available- now he's got it.

The whole "I got a COVID vaccination so therefore I'm safe to be around others" should actually be "I tested positive for COVID more than 4 weeks ago and therefore I'm safe to be around others".

The "you have to be vaccinated" to return to work/school/whatever is complete bullshit. Vaccinations do not stop you from getting it and spreading it, it only makes the symptoms less severe when you finally contract it.

IMO, only a positive COVID test from at least 4 weeks ago ago is 100% proof that you do not have it now, and will not be spreading it to others.
    2003 SVT Mustang Cobra
    11.40@124

The rest of the fleet:
    2019 Edge ST
    2015 Taurus SHO
    2013 SVT F150 Raptor

Quote Originally Posted by Kwik92GT View Post
    Good luck you’re going to need it.
    2013 f150 FX4 ecoboost
    95 Lightning-Vortech
    89 Vert-GT40-P Motor, Exhaust, 4.10 gear on Bullets
    99 Baja Outlaw BES 510bbc ATI procharger

Quote Originally Posted by IWRBB View Post
    So, I'm seeing more and more vaccinated people getting COVID. My niece was vaccinated a month ago- she's got it right now. A co-worker was vaccinated back when they were first available- now he's got it.

The whole "I got a COVID vaccination so therefore I'm safe to be around others" should actually be "I tested positive for COVID more than 4 weeks ago and therefore I'm safe to be around others".

The "you have to be vaccinated" to return to work/school/whatever is complete bullshit. Vaccinations do not stop you from getting it and spreading it, it only makes the symptoms less severe when you finally contract it.

IMO, only a positive COVID test from at least 4 weeks ago ago is 100% proof that you do not have it now, and will not be spreading it to others.
    Father, Mother, and Uncle just got it and all 3 been vaccinated. Dad and mom had the two part and uncle the J/J vaccine. Dad got it while at a hospital. He was wearing a mask the whole time there.

Quote Originally Posted by 89notch View Post
    Good luck you’re going to need it.
    I wouldn't be doing this if I didn't think my chances were better with this route, some of what people are dealing with after getting it I already have problems with so it wouldn't be smart for me to get it.
    Greg
    Midnight Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by redfirepearlgt View Post
    Father, Mother, and Uncle just got it and all 3 been vaccinated. Dad and mom had the two part and uncle the J/J vaccine. Dad got it while at a hospital. He was wearing a mask the whole time there.
    Sorry to hear all that. If masks stopped viruses you'd see epidemiologists wearing them, the masks helping with stopping transmission is a lie.
    Greg
    Midnight Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by redfirepearlgt View Post
    Sorry to hear Chad. Hope they have mild symptoms and can recover quickly. Its bad, no doubt. We have been fed so much BS that nobody knows what to believe.

The majority of the people I know right now that have it are vaccinated. One guy that I worked with that was vaccinated passed away a couple of weeks ago from covid. He had other health conditions which made it more favorable to get the vaccine but I think it gives people a false hope. Even looking at the numbers today compared to 1 year ago, the number of positive cases are greater than before we had the vaccine.
    1992 Gould GT project...

Quote Originally Posted by draggin50 View Post
    The majority of the people I know right now that have it are vaccinated. One guy that I worked with that was vaccinated passed away a couple of weeks ago from covid. He had other health conditions which made it more favorable to get the vaccine but I think it gives people a false hope. Even looking at the numbers today compared to 1 year ago, the number of positive cases are greater than before we had the vaccine.
    I agree. I'm seeing way more people getting COVID and dying from COVID now compared to any part of 2020, when essentially nobody was vaccinated.

I knew exactly 0 people who even contracted COVID in 2020. This week though- two women we know both died from COVID. Both were unvaccinated, under 35 years old, did not smoke, and had essentially no other health issues other than the fact they were both 100-150 lbs overweight. It seems like being extremely overweight is a huge risk factor that's not being communicated.
    2003 SVT Mustang Cobra
    11.40@124

The rest of the fleet:
    2019 Edge ST
    2015 Taurus SHO
    2013 SVT F150 Raptor

Thread Information