Thread: The Delta Variant

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by draggin50 View Post
    Sorry to hear Chad. Hope they have mild symptoms and can recover quickly. Its bad, no doubt. We have been fed so much BS that nobody knows what to believe.

The majority of the people I know right now that have it are vaccinated. One guy that I worked with that was vaccinated passed away a couple of weeks ago from covid. He had other health conditions which made it more favorable to get the vaccine but I think it gives people a false hope. Even looking at the numbers today compared to 1 year ago, the number of positive cases are greater than before we had the vaccine.
    They are doing okay Brian given the circumstances. Dad has gotten past the symptoms and sounds way better today. Mom is still fighting a low grade fever but she sounds clear and not congested on the phone.Their symptoms are similar to most I have known to have gotten this since China released it. Likewise my uncle though I have not heard is similar in symptom experience. My aunt is still negative though tending to him. That all said I lost a coworker a few weeks ago and they say it was COVID though he also had double pneumonia that went septic and a collapsed lung (they seem to blame covid for everything you know so who is to know the truth). He was quite over weight and did not take care of himself at all. Great guy that will be missed.

I wonder how people with stronger natural immune systems respond to exposure and if they contract it how do they compare in the severity of their symptoms as to the average person who runs to the doctor every time they are sick and gets an annual flu shot regularly. Would be nice to see some data on this...but it may expose the theory that natural herd immunity is the better route for most. In the end this is a topic between a patient and his doctor, not a directive set forth by a monarch.
    Last edited by redfirepearlgt; 09-22-2021 at 09:51 PM.

Thread Information