Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Delta Variant

Quote Originally Posted by draggin50 View Post
    Sorry to hear Chad. Hope they have mild symptoms and can recover quickly. Its bad, no doubt. We have been fed so much BS that nobody knows what to believe.

The majority of the people I know right now that have it are vaccinated. One guy that I worked with that was vaccinated passed away a couple of weeks ago from covid. He had other health conditions which made it more favorable to get the vaccine but I think it gives people a false hope. Even looking at the numbers today compared to 1 year ago, the number of positive cases are greater than before we had the vaccine.
    They are doing okay Brian given the circumstances. Dad has gotten past the symptoms and sounds way better today. Mom is still fighting a low grade fever but she sounds clear and not congested on the phone.Their symptoms are similar to most I have known to have gotten this since China released it. Likewise my uncle though I have not heard is similar in symptom experience. My aunt is still negative though tending to him. That all said I lost a coworker a few weeks ago and they say it was COVID though he also had double pneumonia that went septic and a collapsed lung (they seem to blame covid for everything you know so who is to know the truth). He was quite over weight and did not take care of himself at all. Great guy that will be missed.

I wonder how people with stronger natural immune systems respond to exposure and if they contract it how do they compare in the severity of their symptoms as to the average person who runs to the doctor every time they are sick and gets an annual flu shot regularly. Would be nice to see some data on this...but it may expose the theory that natural herd immunity is the better route for most. In the end this is a topic between a patient and his doctor, not a directive set forth by a monarch.
    Last edited by redfirepearlgt; 09-22-2021 at 09:51 PM.

I had Covid in 2020 and so did some of my coworkers before the vaccines. Starting to see people under 40 who are connected to my friends start to loose their lives to it. My old classmates sister was just put on a ventilator who looks to be in good shape and mother of two. This isn’t the flu and crazy how it affects people differently. We had 7 vaccinated people at work this year get it in the middle of summer. That’s about 10% the people at my work. 5 had very mild systems. Two others were pretty sick but didn’t need goto the hospital.
    Joe

My brother just tested positive a few days ago. One of his girls was exposed at school to it. She also tested positive.

Neither one would have known they had it but Devyn wanted to go back to school so the only option was to test and if it was negative after 5 days, she could return. My brother took her to get tested and she came back positive. At that point, he went ahead and got tested and came back positive as well. His wife and the other 4 girls have yet to get it.

My brother said his is like a nasty sinus infection. No fever, no loss of taste or smell, but he has been a little more tired than usual. He is 6 days in to it if he goes back to when he started having symptoms. Crazy how it hits some and other's hardly notice. I pray for all that get it and hopefully someday, we can be able to get back to a little normalcy.
    1992 Mustang LX Coupe, 302, PA C4 and On3 70mm.
    1993 Reef Blue hatch, 347, 3550, and a kit.
    1992 Gould GT project...

Well... I am in Day 12 of it myself

No idea how I got it. I work from home and haven't been sick in years. Hell, my doctor even dropped me because I had not been there in 5 + years. I have been to the ER twice because I would have these spells where I would tunnel vision, hearing would go away and fall on the floor and break out into a cold sweet that would leave a puddle on the floor. After the second time, went to ER and they did NOTHING for me. Just gave me the Covid test. That was a real kick in the balls. I asked about the Regeneron, I know several people who did get it and said they immediately started the mend, but they said I was not old enough, or fat enough to get it. True story. 2 days later, it happened again and went to Troy ER. The gave me an IV and some medicine for Nausa. But ran every test, CatScan, X-ray, EKG. You name it. Pretty much, if your heart is good, and your O2 levels / breathing are good, they wont do anything. Just tell you to take all the herbs and supplements you read about. Luckily, the wife is a witch doctor, so I have been pumped with that shit since day 1. Just super disappointing that their is some relief treatment out there, but I was not able to qualify for it.

Been in a fog with zero energy.

This morning is the first that I have felt human since the start. Hopefully I have passed the hump.
    "The Truth is, Your the Weak, and I am the Tyranny of Evil Men!"

^^^
    Sorry to hear. Makes a person wonder given your circumstances.

There is no doubt this is real. Its the bs politics being played that makes it such a big pain. Known regimens to have worked with data to back them getting banned (hydroxochloroquine, Zinc regamine for one) , masks, no masks, 2 masks, masks only if you aren't this or are that. My bro in law can't find employment because they are now using that as a means to force people to get the experimental vaccine. So he has no choice to go get it if he wants a job. The control regime is playing every angle to force the middle class to bend to their will. I'm sick of it. And you can bet if you arent vaccinated they will tell you you need to be in spite of the fact you now have an improved natural resistance to it...better than any 'vaccine' can provide.

My brother just tested positive a few days ago. One of his girls was exposed at school to it. She also tested positive.

Neither one would have known they had it but Devyn wanted to go back to school so the only option was to test and if it was negative after 5 days, she could return. My brother took her to get tested and she came back positive. At that point, he went ahead and got tested and came back positive as well. His wife and the other 4 girls have yet to get it.

My brother said his is like a nasty sinus infection. No fever, no loss of taste or smell, but he has been a little more tired than usual. He is 6 days in to it if he goes back to when he started having symptoms. Crazy how it hits some and other's hardly notice. I pray for all that get it and hopefully someday, we can be able to get back to a little normalcy.
    Damn man, Sorry to hear. Hopefully you are on the down hill side of it now.

My youngest son tested positive on Wednesday. He had a fever, chills, over all weakness/tired, and now a cough. Hopefully he kicks it soon. Me and him have both been eating the vitamins and supplements to try to curb it as much as possible. I tested negative twice now. Knock on wood...

Lost 2 good people to it yesterday that I knew. One was 49 and in good health. Its crazy shit.
    1992 Gould GT project...

Quote Originally Posted by Ackbar00 View Post
    Well... I am in Day 12 of it myself

No idea how I got it. I work from home and haven't been sick in years. Hell, my doctor even dropped me because I had not been there in 5 + years. I have been to the ER twice because I would have these spells where I would tunnel vision, hearing would go away and fall on the floor and break out into a cold sweet that would leave a puddle on the floor. After the second time, went to ER and they did NOTHING for me. Just gave me the Covid test. That was a real kick in the balls. I asked about the Regeneron, I know several people who did get it and said they immediately started the mend, but they said I was not old enough, or fat enough to get it. True story. 2 days later, it happened again and went to Troy ER. The gave me an IV and some medicine for Nausa. But ran every test, CatScan, X-ray, EKG. You name it. Pretty much, if your heart is good, and your O2 levels / breathing are good, they wont do anything. Just tell you to take all the herbs and supplements you read about. Luckily, the wife is a witch doctor, so I have been pumped with that shit since day 1. Just super disappointing that their is some relief treatment out there, but I was not able to qualify for it.

Been in a fog with zero energy.

This morning is the first that I have felt human since the start. Hopefully I have passed the hump.
    Yea, was talking about it with my friend and he is pretty incredulous that the hospitals will essentially do nothing for COVID for most people. Run a bunch of test to pay some bills and send you home.

I've not "heard" of any hearing issues with it before you mentioned it. I had trouble seeing though, fuzzy vision and my eyes would hurt trying to focus.

Brother-in-law went in twice for COVID last week, 2nd time he was down to 70% oxygen level- which has progressed to 3 days on oxygen and he now has pneumonia as well.

It was a solid 2 weeks before I got over the constant fever, so you might have it a few days still.
    2003 SVT Mustang Cobra
    11.40@124
    Pics, mods, track videos, other stuff..

The rest of the fleet:
    2019 Edge ST
    2015 Taurus SHO
    2013 SVT F150 Raptor

I had it and so did the wife. Felt bad for a little while. The worst was couldn't smell or taste anything for a few weeks.

Well, while my A.D.D. is telling me its going to be a good day. My O.C.D. Is telling me 1234 1234. At least my turrets is telling both of them to **** off...

Due to my company having federal contracts we in compliance must be fully vaccinated by December 8th 2020. The exception is medical or religious. I don’t know the implications if someone is not vaccinated. This seems like a bit much. There was a Protest today at the company next door over the same issue. I’m in disbelief over this whole thing.
    Joe

Quote Originally Posted by PKFIRE View Post
    Due to my company having federal contracts we in compliance must be fully vaccinated by December 8th 2020. The exception is medical or religious. I don’t know the implications if someone is not vaccinated. This seems like a bit much. There was a Protest today at the company next door over the same issue. I’m in disbelief over this whole thing.
    My wife is wrestling with that now a federal employee, get jabbed or be fired.
    They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Ben Franklin

1998 Mustang GT
    Coyote Swapped

^^^

So am I as an employee of a federal contractor. Not sure what I will do. I am hoping it will get challenged in Supreme Court this week as it should have already IMHO. We have been peacefully protesting daily at 11:00 am. Other protests have been outside the gates at 12:00pm. Over 400 average per day average (hourly/salary/even management) just at our location alone. Strangely though hardly a word about it on the news. Other plants have also been holding protest walks and several have had sick days. One plant had 75% call off last Monday. Another in Ohio over 50% called off the same day.

I have nothing against the vaccine or anyone taking it. I have everything against a dictator like mandate forcing me to do this. As I see it if they can do this, then Roe v Wade can be overturned just because a president decides to in-the future. Apparently its not "my body, my choice" for anything medical related any longer. What next, papers and barcode tattoos to buy food, hold down a job, and travel across state borders?
    Last edited by redfirepearlgt; 10-23-2021 at 12:47 AM.

Ive been watching the GE walk outs being that I having several friends there. Its sad what its came to. I have nothing against anyone getting it if they want but why force those who have already had it and recovered get it or those who just don't want too.

If the vaccine is so good, why do those that get it, still get sick, still transmit it, and can still die from it. And then you add on all the side effects that people are having from it... I know 3 people personally who have got the vaccine and 2 now have heart issues and 1 has blood clots. Several I know wish they never would have got it.

Ill be out of a job coming up if Im required to get it. FJB...
    1992 Gould GT project...

Ive been watching the GE walk outs being that I having several friends there. Its sad what its came to. I have nothing against anyone getting it if they want but why force those who have already had it and recovered get it or those who just don't want too.

If the vaccine is so good, why do those that get it, still get sick, still transmit it, and can still die from it. And then you add on all the side effects that people are having from it... I know 3 people personally who have got the vaccine and 2 now have heart issues and 1 has blood clots. Several I know wish they never would have got it.

Ill be out of a job coming up if Im required to get it. FJB...
    That’s what I’m worried about that we lose some really good workers to this. Why did the government put it onto companies to enforce this? I’m vaccinated but that was by choice and it wasn’t by fear. I’m scared that if people getting laid off won’t get backed with unemployment and will have a hard time finding another job because they require the vaccine. I talked to upper management yesterday and they are trying their best to figure out how to prevent us loosing good people. They hired lawyers to see what can be done to prevent possible fallout from this.
    Joe

Quote Originally Posted by PKFIRE View Post
    That’s what I’m worried about that we lose some really good workers to this. Why did the government put it onto companies to enforce this? I’m vaccinated but that was by choice and it wasn’t by fear. I’m scared that if people getting laid off won’t get backed with unemployment and will have a hard time finding another job because they require the vaccine. I talked to upper management yesterday and they are trying their best to figure out how to prevent us loosing good people. They hired lawyers to see what can be done to prevent possible fallout from this.
    Where Im at they took a questionnaire on what our plans are. Vaccinated, Unvaccinated, started getting vaccinated, plan on getting it, ordon't plan on getting it. Once you answer that you don't plan on getting it, it asks a series of other questions, basically for either a medical or religious exemption. Hopefully that will be a way out. Not looking promising though.
    1992 Gould GT project...

Fake it. There's zero ways in which they can verify the authenticity of a vaccination card, which makes it even stupider that they are going to be some magic key to get in places. I know of one card that will likely be going onto a high res flatbed scanner here soon.
    2003 SVT Mustang Cobra
    11.40@124
    Pics, mods, track videos, other stuff..

The rest of the fleet:
    2019 Edge ST
    2015 Taurus SHO
    2013 SVT F150 Raptor

Quote Originally Posted by IWRBB View Post
    Fake it. There's zero ways in which they can verify the authenticity of a vaccination card, which makes it even stupider that they are going to be some magic key to get in places. I know of one card that will likely be going onto a high res flatbed scanner here soon.
    I definitely need one of those!!
    1992 Gould GT project...

Quote Originally Posted by IWRBB View Post
    Ill take 4 of those as well.
    http://stangbang.tripod.com/ Where all this began!
    http://stangbang.tripod.com/twisted/ Vinny
    1984 Mustang build @craig_btr on Instagram

Thread Information