Thread: Brake system and lines

Brake system and lines

Working on the brake lines for the 92 GT.

I swapped over to the front and rear disc from a 94/95 GT. The master cylinder is also from a 94/95 V6.

I have the Maximum Motorsports manual brake kit with pedal.

Questions are, Can I use the stock 94/95 proportioning valve or would I be better off getting an adjustable one? I will be running a line lock also so I need to plumb that in as well. guessing Ill need a tee for the front for the line lock. Do I need a residual pressure valve?
    1992 Mustang LX Coupe, 302, PA C4 and On3 70mm.
    1993 Reef Blue hatch, 347, 3550, and a kit.
    1992 Gould GT project...

Use the stock fox metering block, gut it using ebay or MM plug kit. Use MM 3 into 2 brake line adapter kit. Use MM SN brakes to fox adapter braided lines. Done. Put an adjustable proportioning valve inline over by the passenger hood hinge.

If I gut the stock proportioning valve, do I even need it? Planning on using the adjustable one over by the passenger side hood hinge.

So straight out of the master cylinder over to an adjustable proportioning valve, then to the rear.

Front out of the master cylinder, into the line lock, into a tee, then out to both wheels. Sound right?
    1992 Mustang LX Coupe, 302, PA C4 and On3 70mm.
    1993 Reef Blue hatch, 347, 3550, and a kit.
    1992 Gould GT project...

No, the only part you are gutting is the residual pressure valve and proportioning valve, that's what the plug is for. You still retain the differential pressure valve and metering valve. Residual pressure valve is what saves your but if a brake line breaks or leaks, leaving the other half of the system functioning. The metering portion allows the rear brakes to gain pressure before allowing pressure to apply to the front. Don't remove it. Just gut the non adjustable proportionong valve. Whole job should cost less than 100 bucks to do. Give me a call and save me a lot of typing.
    Last edited by NXcoupe; 03-26-2022 at 09:54 AM.

Thread Information