Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: The Blue 14 GTCS

Quote Originally Posted by redfirepearlgt View Post
    nope just not n e85 hound...but it smells good when the cats are deleted. will be near the max thd stock block can take anyway on 93 as it is we believe.
    You're missing out lol. E85 is the nectar of the car gods
    98 Cobra - Bolt Ons
    2017 F-150 3.5 EB

nope just not n e85 hound...but it smells good when the cats are deleted. will be near the max thd stock block can take anyway on 93 as it is we believe.
    Block can take plenty of power, the gen1 rods will be maxed out on 93 for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by 5.0calypso93lx View Post
    You're missing out lol. E85 is the nectar of the car gods
    Love E85! I drive now to get it but probably look into a drum later. Don't think I could ever go back to stinkin 93!!!
    1992 Mustang LX Coupe, 302, PA C4 and On3 70mm.
    1993 Reef Blue hatch, 347, 3550, and a kit.
    1992 Gould GT project...

Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Block can take plenty of power, the gen1 rods will be maxed out on 93 for sure!
    stock block was an inclusive statement. connecting rods have always been the limit on gts prior to 2015 (03.04 svt excluded) as far back as 2005 with 3v engines and/or before. what i find i interesting is that the LS chevy engines have always run a powdered metal connecting rod but can take way more abuse/power in stock configuration when being boosted according to geys at work who eat and sleep LS setups. Lingenfelter offers a package for the 13 zl1 that has dynod close to 700 wheel hp on a stock short block assembly and confirmed the connecting rods are powdered metal and not forged.
    Last edited by redfirepearlgt; 05-27-2022 at 09:42 AM.

Some update pics on process. Finishline Performance is doing the work. Great group of guys there. Brian sent me a couple of pics of the progress.

Nice!
    http://stangbang.tripod.com/ Where all this began!
    http://stangbang.tripod.com/twisted/ Vinny
    1984 Mustang build @craig_btr on Instagram

Oooooo yea

Thanks. Looks like the rear suspension work is completed as well. Adj. panhard, upper and lower LCA's, relocation brackets, 1.5" drop BMR drag springs, and Strange single adjustable rear shocks.

Car looks real clean underneath. Easy winter project to epoxy black the axle housing. Would be 100% underneath!

It was an Oklahoma car that was garage kept. Probably why its looks as good as it does underneath. I like the idea, but not sure if the rear end needs to be pulled to do it right and what the process is. I don't have a garage for winter projects so I would need to do it in the driveway.

Looking good Chad! Bet your ready to go beat on it by now!!
    1992 Mustang LX Coupe, 302, PA C4 and On3 70mm.
    1993 Reef Blue hatch, 347, 3550, and a kit.
    1992 Gould GT project...

lookin forward to it. gettin little nervous as well. been over a yezr since i drove anything with more than 250 fwhp. looks like they are loading the tuneas well. saw correspondence between brian and lund. i get copied on everything.

Very cool! Coming along very quickly. That thing is going to be a blast
    98 Cobra - Bolt Ons
    2017 F-150 3.5 EB

Looking good man. Come use a rack and paint the axle housing.

I may take you up on that Mike. I need to do something to it besides buff, drive, and throw money at it. LOL! I may do a front brake swap on it next year. Just will need some help on bleeding the suckers out. I'm out of budget...a little over actually so far. I was advised to upgrade the coolant catch can Paxton provides with a better made Aluminum Canton brand because of issues with leaks around the hoses due to the plastic not being good quality. So that's another 175 over the water pump they found weeping and replaced with a factory OEM assy. They were loading the base tune to the RTD device that interfaces with the ECM to download the base tune so they may be getting close to it sitting on all four. Can't wait to see the stance.

Ran into a snag. The front struts I bought were for a 13/14 GT500. Ford used a slightly different strut on the 11-14 GT so the strut shafts pushed through the factory 11-14 upper strut mounting plates. Thankfully they only went into the hood heat shield enough to dimple it without damaging the hood. I picked up a used pair of Maxim Motorsport Camber Caster plates for GT500 and dropped them off. Hopefully this will be the end of SNAFU's and it will be finished soon. I am in no major hurry. Rather it be right than rushed. Should have taken some photos but I was so excited seeing it I forgot.

Ran into a snag. The front struts I bought were for a 13/14 GT500. Ford used a slightly different strut on the 11-14 GT so the strut shafts pushed through the factory 11-14 upper strut mounting plates. Thankfully they only went into the hood heat shield enough to dimple it without damaging the hood. I picked up a used pair of Maxim Motorsport Camber Caster plates for GT500 and dropped them off. Hopefully this will be the end of SNAFU's and it will be finished soon. I am in no major hurry. Rather it be right than rushed. Should have taken some photos but I was so excited seeing it I forgot.
    Glad it wasn't anything more dangerous! Are they going to dyno tune the car?
    98 Cobra - Bolt Ons
    2017 F-150 3.5 EB

oh yeah. they were driving it to collect data on the base tune when they heard the noise from the fromt. the strut mount bore size difference is such that the shaft on the gt500 strange strut wouldnt push through without some applied pressure. its not a sloppy loose misfit so had it was easily missed.the guy i bought the struts from had forgot he had to buy gt500 struts for his 13 because the guy that had the car b4 him had swapped a bunch of factory gt500 parts over to the gt this guy bought. thnkfully strange stamps the part number on the struts and the guys at finishlinesawthat and did the research and found my slipup. its my fault and i told them to charge me for the resolve labor. its only fair. i take responsi ility vor my screw ups.

588.7RWHP/493.77RWT @ 7200 RPM pull. Making 10.59 psi boost. This is with cats in place stock exhaust other than axle backs, on 93octane. 17.5 timing. Outdoor air temps @ 90F. Will hopefully get a graph I can post up at some point. Looking forward to getting the car and having some fun with it. They did remove the intake tube for this number as I understand. I may look into an open air filter setup over keeping the factory air intake for track use.

Once I get the car washed and cleaned up again I'll post some pics.

Very nice for such minimal mods!
    98 Cobra - Bolt Ons
    2017 F-150 3.5 EB

Thread Information