Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: The Blue 14 GTCS

Finally got up the nerve today with the sun out and shiny. Grabbed a few plastic razor blades, an 1800w hair dryer, pulled the car out of the garage and went to work de-striping the hood. After 30 minutes under the sun and getting the corner raised with a plastic razor blade (great little items for such projects...won't cut into or bump scuff the paint) and adding some heat with my wife's hair dryer those 8-year-old stripes came off like a snake shedding its skin. Cleaned the access wax lines off and after a cleaning and coat of sax you never would know they were there all those years. Below is before and after. So much cleaner now I think, and without the 90's decal look. Paxton kit ships next week. They received the intercoolers today, are welding them up with the mounting brackets and they should be ready to ship 5.31.22. Mods will commence week of June 5 and hopefully all goes well and we get some dyno sheets to be proud of AND a car that will perform up to or better than the numbers indicate.

Last edited by redfirepearlgt; 05-24-2022 at 04:54 PM.

Nice work! Centri blowers to the front!!!!

Looks so much better without the stripes!!!

Ive been itching for another supercharged car myself! Have to be a foxbody though.
    1992 Mustang LX Coupe, 302, PA C4 and On3 70mm.
    1993 Reef Blue hatch, 347, 3550, and a kit.
    1992 Gould GT project...

thanks. i was a bit nervous about the decals coming off after being on the car for 8 years but they came right up. still need to buff the area out or at least go over it with some citrus cleaner to remove any adhesive residue that may be left and then wax...again. i figure the weight reduction should pick up at least .0001 sec. lol

i cant wait to see how fhe car performs compared to pd setups on the street and at the track.

I suspect you would favor PD. Centri car needs more throttle input.

thats okay i like throttle input. just wnt something different this time and turbos were way too much money. worse to worse we can stall the tranny or throw a 3.55 or 3.73 gear in it.

Looks much better without the stripes. That blower going to be real fun!
    98 Cobra - Bolt Ons
    2017 F-150 3.5 EB

Quote Originally Posted by redfirepearlgt View Post
    thats okay i like throttle input. just wnt something different this time and turbos were way too much money. worse to worse we can stall the tranny or throw a 3.55 or 3.73 gear in it.
    Gear swap is a must!

What gear is in your race car Walter?

What gear is in your STREET car Walter?
    Fixed it for ya!!!
    1992 Mustang LX Coupe, 302, PA C4 and On3 70mm.
    1993 Reef Blue hatch, 347, 3550, and a kit.
    1992 Gould GT project...

LOL! ^^^ I had to say that!

What gear is in your Apollo Series Saturn V rocket "street" car Walter?
    There. That's more accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Gear swap is a must!
    Run e85 and it makes it a race car.... LOL

3.55 for now. I ran a 3.73 for a good while and is my choice for under 1khp.

fuel is too expensive and no e85 near me. e85s lack of mpg efficiency compared to 93 in the end costs way more to use. it is a fantastic fuel option for cars seeing more track and lesw street activity. i found an article where someone did a hard study on which fuel is more cost effective. they went to lengths to create identical conditions. the test route was sandiego to lasvegas. while the e85 was quite a bit less expensive at the time of the test, it ended up costing more to make the round trip. this was a flex fuel vehicle. i had a similar experience when i tried e85 in a flex fuel vehicle when i was in field service. while shell 93 was 5.39 when i filled the tank last week i will get 25% more driving distance or better out of it. believe me, i would gladly run e85 if it were more readily available and i spent more time zt the track mzkinb passes. i only intend a few track passes with this cara year. otherwise its about 0 to 60 times and entrance raml acceleration......

thanks for the info. will look into a 3.55 as i see the 3.73 being a bit short for as much street use as i plan. i dont plan to buy a 17 inch dr setup. i will xtay on the 305 35 20 nitto drs i have on it now. im just not interested in wheel swapping every timei head to the track.
    Last edited by redfirepearlgt; 05-26-2022 at 06:30 AM.

fuel is too expensive and no e85 near me. e85s lack of mpg efficiency compared to 93 in the end costs way more to use. it is a fantastic fuel option for cars seeing more track and lesw street activity. i found an article where someone did a hard study on which fuel is more cost effective. they went to lengths to create identical conditions. the test route was sandiego to lasvegas. while the e85 was quite a bit less expensive at the time of the test, it ended up costing more to make the round trip. this was a flex fuel vehicle. i had a similar experience when i tried e85 in a flex fuel vehicle when i was in field service. while shell 93 was 5.39 when i filled the tank last week i will get 25% more driving distance or better out of it. believe me, i would gladly run e85 if it were more readily available and i spent more time zt the track mzkinb passes. i only intend a few track passes with this cara year. otherwise its about 0 to 60 times and entrance raml acceleration......

thanks for the info. will look into a 3.55 as i see the 3.73 being a bit short for as much street use as i plan. i dont plan to buy a 17 inch dr setup. i will xtay on the 305 35 20 nitto drs i have on it now. im just not interested in wheel swapping every timei head to the track.
    I bet if you ran the 3.55 vs 3.73 back to back, you would take the 3.73. Most people are conservative when it comes to rear gear selection.

I think you could argue all fuel is expensive right now and not many are running E85 because it's more cost effective. A supercharger isn't exactly more cost effective either LOL. The slight extra cost of e85 compared to it's benefits is something that should really be looked at. You've got Speedway on North Bend or that Thorntons off the lateral.

The other option is to have two separate tunes. I have a 93 tune on the Focus and an E30 blend tune for the car as well. It was only a small amount more for the E30 blend tune and it wakes the car up tremendously. It is a night and day difference on boosted applications. When I go get the Cobra tuned in mid June I am having Lee write me a 93 tune and a full E85 tune. It won't be as easy to toggle back and forth between tunes like it is in the Focus, but still only minutes to toggle back and forth.
    98 Cobra - Bolt Ons
    2017 F-150 3.5 EB

nope just not n e85 hound...but it smells good when the cats are deleted. will be near the max thd stock block can take anyway on 93 as it is we believe.
    Last edited by redfirepearlgt; 05-26-2022 at 12:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    I bet if you ran the 3.55 vs 3.73 back to back, you would take the 3.73. Most people are conservative when it comes to rear gear selection.
    i just know that 1st gsar is 4.12:1 on the 6r80. trying to find a happy medium. i loved the 4.10 inmy 2002 years ago. i had a 373 in my 13 manual but went back to the 331. that was b4 it was boosted. ive seen a lot of people regearing that short or shorter. i want to see how it does with these mods first. my objective is 10.99 worst on 1.6x launch regardless of air conditions. if i can achieve that on ths 3.15 andthe 28 inch 20s (nitto r2 drs) ill be happy. really dont want to play wheel swap every time i head to the track

i just know that 1st gsar is 4.12:1 on the 6r80. trying to find a happy medium. i loved the 4.10 inmy 2002 years ago. i had a 373 in my 13 manual but went back to the 331. that was b4 it was boosted. ive seen a lot of people regearing that short or shorter. i want to see how it does with these mods first. my objective is 10.99 worst on 1.6x launch regardless of air conditions. if i can achieve that on ths 3.15 andthe 28 inch 20s (nitto r2 drs) ill be happy. really dont want to play wheel swap every time i head to the track
    1st gear is 4.17:1. Should be able to run 10.99 with 3.15 no problem.

I thought they got shorter in 15. Looking at the specs rather than attempt to test my memory failure again, that didn't happen until 2018 and then WOW! 4.70:1 first gear on that 10R80. A 3.55 puts me right there with a stock 10R80 first gear ratio with a 3.15. Hmmmmmmmmm...will have to think about that when and if the time comes. THanks man.

Thread Information