Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: Bus-length'd in the daily

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Goshen
    Posts
    5,922

    Bus-length'd in the daily

    Figured I'd try and liven this place up as the last post in this section was 2019!

    I'd like to say I have a kill story, but it's really the other way around

    The daily is a 2015 Focus ST with a downpipe, RS air box lid and a tune. I love the car and it runs pretty dang good for what it is. I ran into a Fiesta ST on 275 yesterday and usually I don't have too much trouble with them. This one proceeded to put an easy bus length or two on me before I gave up Come to find out it's a full bolt on car with a bigger turbo on an E50 tune. He ran a 12.4 @ 114 with the car on 93 and the E50 should really help it pickup. I definitely wasn't ready for it. Owner was a cool dude after talking to him for quite a bit last night. Always good to be humbled


    98 Cobra - Bolt Ons
    2017 F-150 3.5 EB

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Hillsboro, Ohio
    Posts
    7,912
    Its hard to believe how good those cars run. I almost bought an ST back in 2016 from Beefcake. It was impressive. Then my buddy had a Fiesta and it felt a lot better then the ST did.

    I still wish I would've bought it...
    1992 Mustang LX Coupe, 302, PA C4 and On3 70mm.
    1993 Reef Blue hatch, 347, 3550, and a kit.
    1992 Gould GT project...

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    8,781
    A little humility never hurts. I had it handed to me in the old 17 by one of those BMW (don't know the numbers game on their models) sport coupes that I understand has an inline 6 that I thought he said was a form of the older Toyota Supra I6 engine design if not the same engine, that make some really serious HP on stock internals in those previous era Supras. This one made about 650 (so he said. I think it was much more) had larger turbos as I recall and tuned to E-85 and that was all he would say. Would not pop the hood. It pulled on me quite nicely. I enjoy being the humbler more so but as you say a little attitude adjustment is needed once in a while.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Goshen
    Posts
    5,922
    Quote Originally Posted by draggin50 View Post
    Its hard to believe how good those cars run. I almost bought an ST back in 2016 from Beefcake. It was impressive. Then my buddy had a Fiesta and it felt a lot better then the ST did.

    I still wish I would've bought it...
    I would be surprised if this Focus wasn't solid into the 13's as it sits if I could get any kind of traction off the line. They are awesome all around dailys.
    98 Cobra - Bolt Ons
    2017 F-150 3.5 EB

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Goshen
    Posts
    5,922
    Quote Originally Posted by redfirepearlgt View Post
    A little humility never hurts. I had it handed to me in the old 17 by one of those BMW (don't know the numbers game on their models) sport coupes that I understand has an inline 6 that I thought he said was a form of the older Toyota Supra I6 engine design if not the same engine, that make some really serious HP on stock internals in those previous era Supras. This one made about 650 (so he said. I think it was much more) had larger turbos as I recall and tuned to E-85 and that was all he would say. Would not pop the hood. It pulled on me quite nicely. I enjoy being the humbler more so but as you say a little attitude adjustment is needed once in a while.
    Sounds like a 335i or something along those lines. Some of those are no joke! The newer stuff is even crazier. I have two buddies with 2018 M3 sedans and the one has "the crank hub done" and with a tune and exhaust is 500whp. They roll out for sure
    98 Cobra - Bolt Ons
    2017 F-150 3.5 EB

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    8,781
    it was an m something or other. never was a fan of eurotrash engineering other than 007's lotus esprit that turned into a submarine.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Hillsboro, Ohio
    Posts
    7,912
    Quote Originally Posted by 5.0calypso93lx View Post
    I would be surprised if this Focus wasn't solid into the 13's as it sits if I could get any kind of traction off the line. They are awesome all around dailys.
    Id say you are correct. Probably real easy a 13 second car.

    A know a guy with an AWD BMW and that car is flat out nasty. Hard to beat him from a dig. Low 11 second car but once he gets out on ya, you cant catch him.
    1992 Mustang LX Coupe, 302, PA C4 and On3 70mm.
    1993 Reef Blue hatch, 347, 3550, and a kit.
    1992 Gould GT project...

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Goshen
    Posts
    5,922
    Quote Originally Posted by redfirepearlgt View Post
    it was an m something or other. never was a fan of eurotrash engineering other than 007's lotus esprit that turned into a submarine.
    Oh man. You're missing out! If I had any money I'd be fooling around with those things. The driving experience is amazing. But that BMW tax is a very real thing.

    Quote Originally Posted by draggin50 View Post
    Id say you are correct. Probably real easy a 13 second car.

    A know a guy with an AWD BMW and that car is flat out nasty. Hard to beat him from a dig. Low 11 second car but once he gets out on ya, you cant catch him.
    They ain't no joke. Well setup ones will surprise a lot of people.

    The dude in the Fiesta said his tuner has the same setup as him now (E50) and does 11.7's. Pretty impressive for a Fiesta lol
    98 Cobra - Bolt Ons
    2017 F-150 3.5 EB

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    8,781
    no sir, id drive a prius b4 id spend money on any european car that cant turn into a submarine. now make a lotus esprit do that, bring the woman who played pussy galore back to life from the episode gold finger, place her in that lotus, and then i may consider it. lol

    btw roger moore was the best 007

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Eastgate
    Posts
    3,331
    Roger Moore the best? Hahahahaha wow

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Hillsboro, Ohio
    Posts
    7,912
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Roger Moore the best? Hahahahaha wow
    No way!!!!
    1992 Mustang LX Coupe, 302, PA C4 and On3 70mm.
    1993 Reef Blue hatch, 347, 3550, and a kit.
    1992 Gould GT project...

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    8,781
    I liked his drier humor twist on the character better. And of course, he had the Submarine Lotus Esprit. Connery's Astin Martin could not go under water. LOL!

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Hillsboro, Ohio
    Posts
    7,912
    Quote Originally Posted by redfirepearlgt View Post
    I liked his drier humor twist on the character better. And of course, he had the Submarine Lotus Esprit. Connery's Astin Martin could not go under water. LOL!
    I guess you have a point! I still like Sean Connery the best!
    1992 Mustang LX Coupe, 302, PA C4 and On3 70mm.
    1993 Reef Blue hatch, 347, 3550, and a kit.
    1992 Gould GT project...

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    8,781
    He's is a very close second for me. And he used to be my favorite until I spent a little time over there in UK and learned more about the British sense of humor. Connery is Scottish. Moore was born just outside London and is 3 years older than Connery. Connery was only 32 when he debuted as 007 in Dr No. Roger Moore however was 45 when he made his first James Bond movie Live and Let Die in 1973 and 58 when he retired as 007. I gotta give it to the old guy. Other than having to do a love scene with Grace Jones (YIKES!) he was gittin it done even well into his 50's. Connery in 1983 returned for one movie and should have stayed away. That movie overall sucked big time IMHO. Connery was only 53 when he made that movie. Of course he went on to do other movies I love him in like Raiders of the Lost Ark part 3, The Rock, and his guest appearance in Robinhood Price of Thieves as King Richard to mention a few.

    I loved 007 movies as a kid, as much for the girls as the suspense and the gizmos. I stopped watching when Remmington Steele idiot replaced Moore and I refuse to watch any of them. He was no Bond. He was a bigger flop IMO than Timothy Dalton's one attempt. Daniel Crague has done a better job and I like him as well. He brings back a little of both Connery and Moore but the action scenes in all of those movies just gets way too over done and long in the tooth. Knock the dude out and move on ALREADY!

    Sorry James, was just trying to livin the place up with some conversation.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Goshen
    Posts
    5,922
    Quote Originally Posted by redfirepearlgt View Post
    He's is a very close second for me. And he used to be my favorite until I spent a little time over there in UK and learned more about the British sense of humor. Connery is Scottish. Moore was born just outside London and is 3 years older than Connery. Connery was only 32 when he debuted as 007 in Dr No. Roger Moore however was 45 when he made his first James Bond movie Live and Let Die in 1973 and 58 when he retired as 007. I gotta give it to the old guy. Other than having to do a love scene with Grace Jones (YIKES!) he was gittin it done even well into his 50's. Connery in 1983 returned for one movie and should have stayed away. That movie overall sucked big time IMHO. Connery was only 53 when he made that movie. Of course he went on to do other movies I love him in like Raiders of the Lost Ark part 3, The Rock, and his guest appearance in Robinhood Price of Thieves as King Richard to mention a few.

    I loved 007 movies as a kid, as much for the girls as the suspense and the gizmos. I stopped watching when Remmington Steele idiot replaced Moore and I refuse to watch any of them. He was no Bond. He was a bigger flop IMO than Timothy Dalton's one attempt. Daniel Crague has done a better job and I like him as well. He brings back a little of both Connery and Moore but the action scenes in all of those movies just gets way too over done and long in the tooth. Knock the dude out and move on ALREADY!

    Sorry James, was just trying to livin the place up with some conversation.
    All good!

    Took this thing to the track on Friday. I was hoping for a lot better times. I'm going to blame it on the hot weather lol

    98 Cobra - Bolt Ons
    2017 F-150 3.5 EB

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    8,781
    That's nothing to be embarrassed about. Nice!

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Goshen
    Posts
    5,922
    Quote Originally Posted by redfirepearlgt View Post
    That's nothing to be embarrassed about. Nice!
    Well these things really aren't that much slower stock I'll be curious to see what it does in the late fall.
    98 Cobra - Bolt Ons
    2017 F-150 3.5 EB

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Germantown
    Posts
    5,675
    Those are pretty cool cars. I never really paid them much attention but we've got a new guy at work that has one with a downpipe and a cobb tune. He said it runs pretty good. I'm hoping we can run them down 275 one day, me in my little GTi with a stage 1 APR tune.
    Rick

    Rick90lx@yahoo-dot-com
    6.27625 liters of turbocharged goodness


  19. #19
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Goshen
    Posts
    5,922
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick93coupe View Post
    Those are pretty cool cars. I never really paid them much attention but we've got a new guy at work that has one with a downpipe and a cobb tune. He said it runs pretty good. I'm hoping we can run them down 275 one day, me in my little GTi with a stage 1 APR tune.
    They really are. I love this stupid thing lol.

    I ran into a 21 GTI two weeks ago on 275. CNCY GTI is his license plate. He is FBO stage 2+. I guess that means intake, dp, exhaust, tune, ic and turbo inlet. I would pull on him pretty good off the initial hit, but he would start reeling me in up top. Fun runs for sure.
    98 Cobra - Bolt Ons
    2017 F-150 3.5 EB

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •