Thread: Capital Grille Restaurant - Cincinnati

Capital Grille Restaurant - Cincinnati

I received a gift certificate at work a few weeks back from my boss to go to The Capital Grille in Norwood. My wife and I went last evening and had a nice time.

The Capital Grille. It's a chain. It has superb service - extremely well-timed service. It has awesome soups and Crab Cakes. The side dishes are to die for. It is priced like a specialty restaurant such as The Precinct or Carlo and Johnny's, possibly a bit higher. The ambience is also nice but a similar cookie cutter atmosphere as Fishbone Grille, Brio Grille, or other similar national chain successes with more moderate menu pricing.

For my main course, I ordered a special 16oz bone-in Fillet Mignon - Oscar style. It was good. Prepared medium rare as I like it. But as I ate it, I realized I have had similar sized custom order fillets at Texas Roadhouse that were equally as tasty and as well prepared for half the price. I am not saying the steak was bad at all. It was good. But when I took my parents to Carlo and Johnnys for their 50th anniversary 8 years ago and ordered a signature steak there, I still talk about it. I still remember the awesome atmosphere and experience and equally superb service. I can't say that in 8 years I will remember Capital Grille for the steak I ordered if I remember Capital Grille at all. I am thankful for the $100.00 gift certificate. This Captial Grille is NOT CHEAP AT ALL! For the money next time if I want a steak and atmosphere to remember I will go to The Precinct or Carlo and Johnnys. Otherwise I will go back to Texas Roadhouse and order their menu fillet that is always good and prepared right.

This place is a very expensive chain restaurant. It does have great service. It does have some excellent menu items we loved. But it is NOT a return again place unless I get another gift card for it. Just not worth the price paid when you can get a better steak at Jeff Rubys for the same price range and equally as good service and more unique atmosphere.

Again good, just not out of this world good for the price.

Good to know. I received a gift certificate for a few hundred to Capitol recently. I'll check it out soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Good to know. I received a gift certificate for a few hundred to Capitol recently. I'll check it out soon!
    when we goin?
    98 Cobra - Bolt Ons
    2017 F-150 3.5 EB

Quote Originally Posted by redfirepearlgt View Post
    I received a gift certificate at work a few weeks back from my boss to go to The Capital Grille in Norwood. My wife and I went last evening and had a nice time.

The Capital Grille. It's a chain. It has superb service - extremely well-timed service. It has awesome soups and Crab Cakes. The side dishes are to die for. It is priced like a specialty restaurant such as The Precinct or Carlo and Johnny's, possibly a bit higher. The ambience is also nice but a similar cookie cutter atmosphere as Fishbone Grille, Brio Grille, or other similar national chain successes with more moderate menu pricing.

For my main course, I ordered a special 16oz bone-in Fillet Mignon - Oscar style. It was good. Prepared medium rare as I like it. But as I ate it, I realized I have had similar sized custom order fillets at Texas Roadhouse that were equally as tasty and as well prepared for half the price. I am not saying the steak was bad at all. It was good. But when I took my parents to Carlo and Johnnys for their 50th anniversary 8 years ago and ordered a signature steak there, I still talk about it. I still remember the awesome atmosphere and experience and equally superb service. I can't say that in 8 years I will remember Capital Grille for the steak I ordered if I remember Capital Grille at all. I am thankful for the $100.00 gift certificate. This Captial Grille is NOT CHEAP AT ALL! For the money next time if I want a steak and atmosphere to remember I will go to The Precinct or Carlo and Johnnys. Otherwise I will go back to Texas Roadhouse and order their menu fillet that is always good and prepared right.

This place is a very expensive chain restaurant. It does have great service. It does have some excellent menu items we loved. But it is NOT a return again place unless I get another gift card for it. Just not worth the price paid when you can get a better steak at Jeff Rubys for the same price range and equally as good service and more unique atmosphere.

Again good, just not out of this world good for the price.
    Sounds like Firebirds. We go there because other than outback there aren't any decent steak places close. Saturday I took my wife to the Pine Club in Dayton for our anniversary, and we love that place. The atmosphere is fantastic and the food is always consistently good. Glad you had a good time at least. It's good to get out with the missus and do something out of the groove.

Been to Firebirds. I liked it real well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 5.0calypso93lx View Post
    when we goin?
    Let's hit up Bourbon and Barrel

- - - Updated - - -

Was talkin to a dude yesterday that said Monkey Bar has a killer bourb selection and at real cheap prices. He said even the high end poors are 20-30 per. GTS, CYPB, etc
    98 Cobra - Bolt Ons
    2017 F-150 3.5 EB

- - - Updated - - -

Firebirds was good, I agree. Been there a couple of times. Took my parents there for their 55th anniversary.

Thread Information