Thread: CSO - The Planets - Holst

CSO - The Planets - Holst

Excellent performance by CSO last evening. I've never been to the Symphony before. It was awesome. It is truly amazing to watch a group of about 100 virtuoso's perform in unison under the direction of one person. Their body movements, their oneness with their instruments, their attention to detail was absolutely amazing. The sounds and tones that they could generate as an assembly was astonishing. One note in the performance hit by the Tuba and other bass instruments was so low and so loud you could feel it. I thought it would be a boring two hours only having bought tickets because my wife wanted to go for her birthday. I'm ready to go again soon in the near future. I left feeling like someone who had just experienced their first sub 4 second nitro funny car pass live at Pomona. It was that amazing; to make an automotive comparison.

..........GEEK MOMENT OVER! LOL!

Glad you enjoyed it. I didn't think I would like ballet til I saw the nutcracker with the orchestra and my daughter performing in it. I'm thinking of taking them this year to see it. First time my daughter will see it from the audience since she was 5.

seen nutcracker twice in cincinnati and once in san diego. she will love it.

Thread Information