Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The 2023 Dirty Dozen Challenge List

The 2023 Dirty Dozen Challenge List

The 2023 Dirty Dozen Challenge

The Dirty Dozen Challenge is a challenge for spot list, similar to Street Outlaws, and separate from The Dirty Dozen ET list. Each of the 12 spots on this list will have to be "challenged" for. There will be no ETs needed to be posted. Just race results. All spots will be run for in a heads-up type format. This list will be open to all makes and models.

1) Run whatcha brung! Any make or model allowed, but must have current registration, tags, and insurance. Tags and registration must match car that is being run. No dealer tags.

2) The Dirty Dozen Challenge Coordinator

There will be a neutral party picked that will be responsible for keeping track of, and being a part of, all challenges. This person will be fair and impartial and will see to that all races are on the up and up. If there is any controversy about a race the Dozen Coordinator's decision will be final.

3) Challenges - The list will start with racers holding the spot they ended with last season. As it was last season there will be no "Gate Keeper" that has to be gone thru to get started on working your way up the list, but, you will need to challenge someone from spots 6-12 and beat them to get on the list. Once on the list you can only call out 2 spots above your current spot. If you are in the 10 spot you can challenge for the 8 spot, if you are in the 3 spot you can challenge for the #1 spot, etc.. The CHALLENGED racer chooses the track and day of the race. The race should happen within one week of the challenge. If the challenger legitimately cannot make the date/time set by the challenged, then the Dozen Coordinator may need to come in and find a reasonable solution to make sure the race happens. The Challenged racer has lane choice in chosen race. If the Dozen Coordinator has to set up the track and time to make the race happen, then lane choice will be decided by coin toss.

4) The Race - Races will be run heads up. Sportsman tree, Pro tree, whatever the racers can agree on. A redlight is a loss. Crossing the centerline of the track is a loss. There will be no "a chase is a race" or anything like that, if both lanes are green, it's a race. This isn't about who can hustle the best. Races will be run on a local track decided on by the racers. Street races will not count towards the list.

5) Break Rule - There is no "official" break rule, BUT, If you have a catastrophic failure you should probably remove yourself from the list. If you are challenged and cannot make a race due to breakage, you automatically forfeit that race anyway. If you continue to be challenged while broke you will keep dropping spots until you are off the list. Just make it easier all the way around and ask to be removed. When you get car running again you can start challenging for spots again.

Notice there are no rules about post counts, mufflers, windshield wipers, horns, trailers or anything of the like. The rules are deliberately left "open" to allow the greatest amount of participation. You can be a part of The Dirty Dozen ET List and this list as well. You don't have to decide whether to be on one or the other. We will be trying to put together some Running of The Dozen Shootouts this racing season as these types of events get the most movement on the list and they are a lot of fun.At the end of the season there will be a Dirty Dozen Challenge Shootout, all spots will be locked after this shootout!! This will not be a mandatory event, but non-participation may result in your dropping many spots or even off the list completely depending on challenges. The spot you hold at the end of this season will be the spot you start off with the following racing season. Let's find out who has the baddest street cars in the area! Start making those challenges and good luck to all!

************************************************** ************************************************** *************

The Stangbangerz 2023 "DIRTY DOZEN CHALLENGE" List

1. NXcoupe ('83 LX, Coyote, Turbo, 6R80 w/US Shift Controller, Holley EFI)
    2. MrRogers88GT ('88 GT, 331, P1SC-2, AOD)
    Last edited by NXcoupe; 07-08-2023 at 05:55 PM.

Notice anything different? Yeah, blank list, list shakeup. There are folks that were on there that didn't even have the car listed, or hasn't been race ready. So I cleared the list and we're starting over.

1. Remember, if you had a midlife crisis and bought a vette, you can race it on this list.
    2. There is a 500 buck, cold hard cash prize up for grabs. This is just like 4 years ago, all 12 names in the hat, name pulled out wins the 500 bucks. No need to be #1, just be on the list, and be at the Running of the Dozens.
    3. We will have the first Running of the Dozens on May 11 at KK and May 12 at Edgewater, weather permitting, with the next Thursday and Friday being the rain dates.
    4. Call outs start NOW! My car is ready, Neil's car is ready, Adam's car is ready, all I can speak for currently. Anyone want to call out, do it in this thread, let's get out there and get racin.
    5. WAH! I want to be #1, what do I get WAH!, well, what you get is your car on the sticker for 2023, and a huge wet hug from me. Kidding, your car's likeness on the sticker is all you get. lol.

So come ON! Let's get out and have some fun. Man it's a blast racing someone, even if it's just for bragging rights or list numbers. If you haven't tried it, you need to. I'll see everyone on the 11th and 12th. Can't make it? Then say when you can and where you will be, and someone will be there to race you for a spot. Remember, you have to race another member to get a spot on the list. First two racers are #1 and #2.

GOOD LUCK!

Well shit fire....All my shit is apart and I have no ETA when they will be ready.
    http://stangbang.tripod.com/ Where all this began!
    http://stangbang.tripod.com/twisted/ Vinny
    1984 Mustang build @craig_btr on Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus View Post
    Well shit fire....All my shit is apart and I have no ETA when they will be ready.
    Isn't that the way it always is? You say the word when your stuff is ready and a few of us will be down to clay city to get you in on the action. This list was made for guys like us that like to race.

Mines ready!! No way can I get it shut down at KK on a full pass.
    2008 2019 2020 2021 2022 #1 Of The Dirty Dozen
    2018 #2 Of The Dirty Dozen

2024…. Changes coming! How much HP? ALL OF IT!

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Bullet View Post
    Mines ready!! No way can I get it shut down at KK on a full pass.
    Then we'll see you on Friday at Edgewater. I chose 2 places so that those from the north have an easier time to make it. I live in the middle, so I can do both and I have a chute out at 1k ft to stop.

Quote Originally Posted by NXcoupe View Post
    Then we'll see you on Friday at Edgewater. I chose 2 places so that those from the north have an easier time to make it. I live in the middle, so I can do both and I have a chute out at 1k ft to stop.
    Added to my calendar!! Love the shakeup. Now who wants to grab a lane!?

Added to my calendar!! Love the shakeup. Now who wants to grab a lane!?
    I should be in the other lane, provided I don't break anything at KK on Thursday.

I should be in the other lane, provided I don't break anything at KK on Thursday.
    Awesome!

2fast4u…. Grab a lane and lets go! Its time we did this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    #2 - 2020 DD Challenge List

1997 Cobra - C heads, Cams, Sullivan intake, long tubes, homemade cai, 4.30, strange axles, e85, chromoly cage
    2000 Saleen S281SC - factory "stock"

Quote Originally Posted by S281SC View Post

I'll take some of that as well. Are you doing KK or Edgewater or both?

I already broke the Cobra and havent even made a pass. Something in the bottom end making noise. Not a good sign how my year is going to go.
    1992 Mustang LX Coupe, 302, PA C4 and On3 70mm.
    1993 Reef Blue hatch, 347, 3550, and a kit.
    1992 Gould GT project...

I'll take some of that as well. Are you doing KK or Edgewater or both?
    Probably edgewater. Its hard to get any grudge races done at kilkare.

#2 - 2020 DD Challenge List

1997 Cobra - C heads, Cams, Sullivan intake, long tubes, homemade cai, 4.30, strange axles, e85, chromoly cage
    2000 Saleen S281SC - factory "stock"

Probably edgewater. Its hard to get any grudge races done at kilkare.

Edgewater is definitely the place to get races done. Kilkare is always packed. Not a fan of their program. Sphincter shrinker shutdown at KK too.. I'm slow and I need a chute for that place lol. Looking forward to getting in the pecking order though. It's going to be fun to get some races in.

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk

Sounds like Edgewater is the place!!

Quote Originally Posted by draggin50 View Post
    I already broke the Cobra and havent even made a pass. Something in the bottom end making noise. Not a good sign how my year is going to go.
    If you need any help, just holler, I'll be down to help you out.

I'll still be at KK and Edgewater both. Just look me up and we'll get things organized in the lanes. Coin flip for lanes, since there is no pecking order just yet, we'll keep it that way for the entirety of the evening.

Damn shots fired!

Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Damn shots fired!

Oh shit….. another OG got his car ready!?!?

Looks like one event and we can fill the DD list too!!

Oh shit….. another OG got his car ready!?!?

Looks like one event and we can fill the DD list too!!
    I saw pics and it looks like it is ready to Smack the Orange right off your Bullet.

Thread Information