Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Stangbangerz Spring Cruise-In (7th Annual!)

Quote Originally Posted by DocG2828 View Post
    OH NOES! I got some information that it was likely to be cancelled.....then got caught up working around the house. I didn't even get on here to really see.

Fuck monkey.

Guess I'll have to hit Fillmore's soon.

Does anyone know if Fillmore's does cruise-ins on Tuesdays? I heard someone tell me they used to do this. Plus I know some of you guys go on Sun.

Well last year at least tuesday was the old people cruise in at fillmores... pretty much all the stangs moved to our own hangout on sundays as keith stated.
    1988 yellow lowered vert- alum gt40s, edelbrock intake, 2.5 in offroad h-piped flowmaster, 5 speed, sn95 leather seats, 373's, 17" anthracite bullets

American muscle cruise club
    https://www.facebook.com/Gearheds
    http://gearheds.yuku.com/

Old people are cool.....assuming they have cool cars

I'll shoot for Sundays, I'll bet gone the next two out of town tho....dangit!

Got all summer tho.

Now that its running, watch for my black hatch with the mean idle in the Florence area tho!

Quote Originally Posted by facemelter71 View Post
    You guys do know that the people at QS&L let us use there parking lot? Burnouts are rather awesome,but not at the expense of losing a cruise in site.

Thanks Andy. We had a few complaints about the burnouts. People just don't get it. I honestly wish the ones that did the burn outs would have gotten pulled over, they deserved it. They are the ones that are going to ruin it for us next time.

Terry just needs to bring his squad car and block the entrance ramp every once in a while and let us do our thing!!! LOL!!! Wouldn't that be cool!!!!
    If you agree, pass it on.
    If you can read this - Thank a teacher!
    If you are reading it in English -Thank a soldier!!
    Keith Decker. Carpet cleaning MoFo!!
    I got a coupe!!! Picture me doing the Happy Dance!!!

My coupe PICS!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 05yellowgt View Post
    That's it! I'm routing the air from the bypass valve into a fog horn or something!!! LMAO
    I like to tell people that mine is an air conditioning pump. So far no one has really believed me. Several folks have asked if I storing sides of beef in the back seat.
    Ric Walsh

2006 Red Mustang GT
    474 rwhp Procharger

2006 Blue Mustang GT
    297 rwhp Roush Suspension

Quote Originally Posted by Holly View Post
    Thanks Andy. We had a few complaints about the burnouts. People just don't get it. I honestly wish the ones that did the burn outs would have gotten pulled over, they deserved it. They are the ones that are going to ruin it for us next time.
    Maybe you might want to rethink having a videocamra at the exit then.If you ask for a show your going to get one.

Quote Originally Posted by fasthawk View Post
    Maybe you might want to rethink having a videocamra at the exit then.If you ask for a show your going to get one.
    Personally I love watching the burnouts - but the management of QS&L was complaining. One of them said something to me as I was leaving the cruise-in. I told them I cannot control what people do once they pull out of the parking lot, and neither can they. Scott (Moontang) and I are on good terms with QS&L regarding our cruise-ins, and I would like to keep it that way if possible.

But like I said, we have no control over what people do once they pull out of the parking lot. I know how it is, it's hard to NOT do a burnout when you have a bunch of people watching to see what you are going to do! I think they'll probably have more police next time we have a cruise-in there. Everybody is doing burnouts at their own risk!

Just FYI - I got a reckless op doing a burnout two months after I bought the coupe. Luckily I got it dropped, or it would have been 4 points on my license.

I don't recall seeing Holly with a video camera. So, she didn't ask for a show.
    I love my crazy friends!!!
    Kim

Quote Originally Posted by MrsAPE View Post
    I don't recall seeing Holly with a video camera. So, she didn't ask for a show.
    I did not say it was her. But some one was out their tapeing when we left and thats what happens. Burnouts are done at your own risk.

Quote Originally Posted by Holly View Post
    Personally I love watching the burnouts - but the management of QS&L was complaining. One of them said something to me as I was leaving the cruise-in. I told them I cannot control what people do once they pull out of the parking lot, and neither can they. Scott (Moontang) and I are on good terms with QS&L regarding our cruise-ins, and I would like to keep it that way if possible.
    But like I said, we have no control over what people do once they pull out of the parking lot. I know how it is, it's hard to NOT do a burnout when you have a bunch of people watching to see what you are going to do! I think they'll probably have more police next time we have a cruise-in there.
    Not to beat a dead horse or anything but lets show Don (the owner) some respect when he gives us the place for our cruise-in, we have it very good there!!!

Respect is not the issue or who was filming. If you add a camera to a exit then thats were you have issues. Any one that is filming or picture takeing is looking for a show, not someone to idle away.

Respect is not the issue or who was filming. If you add a camera to a exit then thats were you have issues. Any one that is filming or picture takeing is looking for a show, not someone to idle away.
    I left early so I didn't get to see anything concerning this. I will say this though, if you did a burnout than just say I did a burnout because I wanted too not (Chris Farley voice)"the guy was filming and he made me!" JMO.

Quote Originally Posted by 02mingryGT View Post
    I left early so I didn't get to see anything concerning this. I will say this though, if you did a burnout than just say I did a burnout because I wanted too not (Chris Farley voice)"the guy was filming and he made me!" JMO.
    Kinda like "The Devil made me do it!"
    Scotty Mac

Hell, anyone can do a burnout.

I'd rather see you make your cars actually hook and accelerate.

Whether or not someone did or did not is not the ?,having a camera at a exit is asking for it,kind of like going there and not eating or drinking something.

Having a camera or not, it is about taking personal responsibility, and exercising self control. Anyone that has been around here for any length of time has probably read or heard of the past problems with doing burnouts at past events, and why participants have been expected not to do them.

Your logic would insinuate that because QS&L sells alcohol, they would have been "asking for it" if a brawl were to happen.
    That's why so many things in this world are eff'd up, many don't want to take personal responsibility for the shit they do, and want to blame others, or inanimate objects.
    Scotty Mac

Quote Originally Posted by BigBadStang View Post
    Having a camera or not, it is about taking personal responsibility, and exercising self control. Anyone that has been around here for any length of time has probably read or heard of the past problems with doing burnouts at past events, and why participants have been expected not to do them.

Your logic would insinuate that because QS&L sells alcohol, they would have been "asking for it" if a brawl were to happen.
    That's why so many things in this world are eff'd up, many don't want to take personal responsibility for the shit they do, and want to blame others, or inanimate objects.
    I said nothing about alcohol.I am assume you ate and got something to drink while you were there.If someone is at the exit with a camera they are wanting a action shot and that little instagation is all it takes. I understand why some of these people dont what burnouts because i have seen some of the driveing skills at these advents.

I don't understand the logic behind saying that if there were cameras somewhere that a burnout or some other display was expected. There were people taking pics as I pulled into the cruise and I am pretty damn sure nobody was begging for a burnout then either.

The point we are trying to make here is that it is very hard to find a suitable location for a cruise in the size of what SBZ is capable of putting on, much less a location with a nice restaurant. Unfortunately having large groups of performance cars come together comes with a lot of negative views from a lot of people these days because of the street racing scene and immature Ricers doing stupid things. QS&L have been great hosts for us, taping off over half of their lot just for our Cruise In's. Having said that, we need to fly under the radar as much as possible so that we don't piss the wrong people off and aren't welcome to have our cruises at QS&L anymore because it will be a bitch to find another location that is as nice and accommodating.
    --John
    Still Stangless
    2013 Ford F150 FX4 Ecoboost
    2013 Honda Odyssey (wifey's whip)

I said nothing about alcohol.I am assume you ate and got something to drink while you were there.If someone is at the exit with a camera they are wanting a action shot and that little instagation is all it takes. I understand why some of these people dont what burnouts because i have seen some of the driveing skills at these advents.
    I realize you said nothing of alcohol, I just used it as a different example of the logic you posted.
    Scotty Mac

Quote Originally Posted by 05yellowgt View Post
    The point we are trying to make here is that it is very hard to find a suitable location for a cruise in the size of what SBZ is capable of putting on, much less a location with a nice restaurant. Unfortunately having large groups of performance cars come together comes with a lot of negative views from a lot of people these days because of the street racing scene and immature Ricers doing stupid things. QS&L have been great hosts for us, taping off over half of their lot just for our Cruise In's. Having said that, we need to fly under the radar as much as possible so that we don't piss the wrong people off and aren't welcome to have our cruises at QS&L anymore because it will be a bitch to find another location that is as nice and accommodating.

Well said John!

Thread Information