Holy hell its been a long time. I had to take a break from the car for awhile. Started knocking last year so I thought the engine was gone. Let it sit since I had 2 other projects going on at the same time. Finally got my truck I'm restoring ready to go to the body shop so that freed up some time to work on the car. Just for shits and giggles I wanted to change the oil out to see if it'd even quiet down the knock.

It didn't.

What I realized is I had forgotten it still had that POS piggyback underdrive system on it and the crank pulley had loosened up, causing it to rattle against the crank and making it sound like a lower end knock. So basically it sat for a year because I needed to tighten 3 bolts up...

The bad (or good) thing is when I took it around the block afterwards it ran great. No more random misfire and pulled really hard. Misfire still comes back every now and then but I think I've narrowed it down to a couple bad injectors. That's what I get for buying used. Also forgot I had a 31 spline conversion kit that I found again after cleaning the garage out along with a SSBC big brake kit for the rear. So that's what I'll be tackling next.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk