Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 162223242526272829 LastLast

Thread: official "dirty dozen" discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by Metcalf Racing View Post
    Did Paul post under Craigs name?
    http://stangbang.tripod.com/ Where all this began!
    http://stangbang.tripod.com/twisted/ Vinny
    1984 Mustang build @craig_btr on Instagram

The only truth that hurts is the fact you will never have a shot of bieng on the list!!!When I had my last web site which "Vinny was a member of" I had vbulliten and stanbangerz was a free site. Did you know that?? After I shut mine down Vinny bought a good site with vbulliten. So did he copy me?? Me and Vinny talked about our list before it ever happened

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus View Post
    Did Paul post under Craigs name?
    He wishes

"Look Bitch", I'm really diggin the new rules/outlook for the dozen. Espescially the part about only the top 24 have any valued input. Good job Vinny
    88 gt vert #9 2006 dirty dozen-Tuned by Precision-Autosports
    #12 2007 dirty dozen
    Victorious pinks Crew member
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkpqFgPYtVo

1) Recent times ONLY! Not something you ran last year or before.
    2) Car must be in current running condition. You break, you're off the list until you're back running, and then you have to back up your previous best.
    3) Should have current registration/tags/insurance.
    4) Must be a Ford Mustang (or Mercury Capri)
    5) Current owner of car must make the pass with indicated time.
    6) Must be a current active member of StangBangerz.com.
    7) Must attend at least one of the Cruise ins, at least one of the Dozen Shoot outs and possibly another Running of the Ponys.

Thats MY opinion

2) Car must be in current running condition. You break, you're off the list until you're back running, and then you have to back up your previous best.
    7) Must attend at least one of the Cruise ins, at least one of the Dozen Shoot outs and possibly another Running of the Ponys.

Thats MY opinion
    Why is #3 a "should" and not a "must"

Thats MY opinion
    LOOK BITCH!!!! What the Hell!!!!!
    I'm not cocky, I'm just faster than you!

That is just the wording. I was asked to see my Registration and Proof of Insurance this year. They also looked at my Vin Number to make sure it was the same on the registration. I am sure other people were asked to show their Insurance and Registration.
    I wish my lawn was Emo so it would cut itself...

Who made you do that???

Thats MY opinion
    This is all cool with me, and there will be another Running of the Ponys if your up to it!!

The Bad Boy!

Vinny did. I dont think he was picking on me. I think he wanted the whole thing to be fair. Before that point I could have just taken the tag off my Daily driver and put it on the car. It is all for fun but people are going to cry. If I didnt drive my car to the cruise in this year or last year I wouldnt have put my numbers up.

I have an Idea for a Dirty Dozen style shootout that I might try to organize for next year. I am still trying to think about some details.

Quote Originally Posted by Timido View Post
    I have an Idea for a Dirty Dozen style shootout that I might try to organize for next year. I am still trying to think about some details.
    Need any help?

I am sure I will need some help. I was thinking along the lines of maybe The Dirty Dozen Rules with a Cruise to the track. Then Figure out a way to have people put up or shut up.

Quote Originally Posted by Timido View Post
    I am sure I will need some help. I was thinking along the lines of maybe The Dirty Dozen Rules with a Cruise to the track. Then Figure out a way to have people put up or shut up.

We discussed leaveing things simple. No cruises and such, but maybe meet up for a couple times for race days at some of the area tracks. From what was discussed its not really been a factor wether or not these are street cars. The biggest issue is trying to get people invloved in events and show there faces. Participation seemed to be the big topic and there were some good pionts made. We just need to keep things simple. I hope Vinny got some good ideas from Sat.

I did get some good info from the fellas! Thanks to the cool cats that made it out, it was a good excuse to get together if nothing else.

I agree, I don't think street creds is an issue. And as far as the meet/cruise/track idea....uhhhh...didn't I say the same thing when we were deciding on the DD Shootout? Guys from Dayton didn't want to drive all the way down and back. Then there was the whole trailer issue. I finally said fugget, just show up and have fun and that's pretty much what happened. I would LOVE to see the dozen cruise into the track together tho. Even if it meant dropping the trailer at a remote location.

What if.....................very crazy idea coming.................................hold on.......................wait for it.................almost there............................
    What if people who wanted to make the dozen flipped out $50 at the beginning of the year.
    That money went to a third party (read: bank)
    End of the year, the top twelve split the money with the higher percentage going toward the top of the list.

Who am I kidding? That's a recipe for disaster right there. You all go to Mr Speed Shop Speed Parts Seller guy, spend LOADS of cash, he knows what you're building and builds something faster. The End.

Timido, I'm in dude. Just let me know.
    run your mouth when I'm not around, it's easy to achieve
    you cry to weak friends that sympathize
    can't you hear the violins playing your song?
    those same friends tell me your every word

Quote Originally Posted by vinny5oh View Post
    I did get some good info from the fellas! Thanks to the cool cats that made it out, it was a good excuse to get together if nothing else.

I agree, I don't think street creds is an issue. And as far as the meet/cruise/track idea....uhhhh...didn't I say the same thing when we were deciding on the DD Shootout? Guys from Dayton didn't want to drive all the way down and back. Then there was the whole trailer issue. I finally said fugget, just show up and have fun and that's pretty much what happened. I would LOVE to see the dozen cruise into the track together tho. Even if it meant dropping the trailer at a remote location.

What if.....................very crazy idea coming.................................hold on.......................wait for it.................almost there............................
    What if people who wanted to make the dozen flipped out $50 at the beginning of the year.
    That money went to a third party (read: bank)
    End of the year, the top twelve split the money with the higher percentage going toward the top of the list.

Who am I kidding? That's a recipe for disaster right there. You all go to Mr Speed Shop Speed Parts Seller guy, spend LOADS of cash, he knows what you're building and builds something faster. The End.

Timido, I'm in dude. Just let me know.

There are a couple that I cant keep up with, nor do I want to. Id gladly give up the #1 spot to one of my customers. That means Im doing my job and they are building something fast, very fast. Theres nothing wrong with setting the bar high and still leaving alot in reserve.

Cincy Speed will throw in a $100 gift card to the winner. Im sure MD will throw in something also. Hell, get Pauls to come off something for once and Dayton 5-O, Im sure he could donate something as well.
    This could get big in a hurry, but Im sure there will be people bitching and whinning trying to ruin a good thing. To them I say, Have a nice day on another board

Let the debate continue

I have an Idea for a Dirty Dozen style shootout that I might try to organize for next year. I am still trying to think about some details.[/QUOTE]

im in just let me know what i can do !!!
    house of horspowerold school dirty dozen member back when the list was fast and post counts did not matter !:

Just a brainfart here, but thinking of something vinny said way back when about getting more of the little guys into the fray. Whats everyone think about a rule stating that last years top 12 not be on the next years list?
    One thing that will push peoples interest away is seeing the same names year after year.It would be much easier than having a second list for those who were so close but didnt make it.
    I love F bodies!!

good idea Kev. Kinda like a bracket for the high runners and a low bracket for the rest. Mabey determind what the lowest ET average is and set that as the lower bracket high. That way even if you go over you would fall into the higher bracket.

Quote Originally Posted by dedpedal View Post
    Just a brainfart here, but thinking of something vinny said way back when about getting more of the little guys into the fray. Whats everyone think about a rule stating that last years top 12 not be on the next years list?
    One thing that will push peoples interest away is seeing the same names year after year.It would be much easier than having a second list for those who were so close but didnt make it.
    Let me get this straight, you want a rule that disqualifies the true 12 fastest street mustangs that earned their spot on the list,so that the next 12 cars(who didn't earn anything)can be on a list. Basically,since you cant compete, you want to change the rules to disqualify those who can. People want to see the best,this is why womens sports will never bee as popular as mens sports. Men compete at a higher level,they are the fastest,strongest and most competitive. So if there was a list that everyone knew didnt have the truly fastest of the sport,no one would care, because it's not real.
    88 gt vert #9 2006 dirty dozen-Tuned by Precision-Autosports
    #12 2007 dirty dozen
    Victorious pinks Crew member
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkpqFgPYtVo

Thread Information