Thread: 98 Cobra Family Cruiser

Hybrid View

Got to spend a little time on this thing over the past weekend. It was mostly working on getting the garage work bench built and everything organized, but I'm happy to have that done so I can have some organization and know where all my tools are

I did end up getting some MM CC plates as I do plan on going with coilovers this winter. For now I'm going to run them with the Bilsteins and H&R Super Sport convertible specific springs I picked up a couple weeks back

Interesting to see how different the H&R Super Sports are from the Eibach Sportlines

I've also really been debating on whether or not to run the poly isolators that I got from MM. I didn't really notice any noises coming from the car for the few months I've owned it and when I went to pull the Eibachs off I noticed there were no isolators on the car except for the uppers on the front. These things are thick and are almost 3/4" tall which I think is going to be higher than I want the car to sit with the H&R's. Time will tell:
    98 Cobra - Bolt Ons
    2017 F-150 3.5 EB

I was a big fan of the UPS man last week. Really wasn't a big fan of running no isolators on the springs so found some Steeda weight jacker rear control arms to help bring the ride height down a bit. Steeda advertises a +/- 1" height adjustment with these so this should compensate for the isolators and a tad more. Also ordered up an AJE k member with their road race control arms:

Rear suspension all installed and torqued down. Just need to install the MM rear pinion snubber and adjust the rear ride height:
    98 Cobra - Bolt Ons
    2017 F-150 3.5 EB

Thread Information