Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Thread: New Shop

Ice cream always sounds good too!
    1992 Mustang LX Coupe, 302, PA C4 and On3 70mm.
    1993 Reef Blue hatch, 347, 3550, and a kit.
    1992 Gould GT project...

Mmmmmmm, ice creaaaaam. (Homer Simpson immitation), thanks guys. Not sure but y'all will be the first to know. We are grinding the rest of the floor and painting it this week. Then ceiling and lights. Then equipment.

Get er done!!!!

If you need help anytime, let me know. I could sneak away for a while if needed.
    1992 Gould GT project...

I ordered the rest of the polyaspartic paint, and this time I told the guy I wanted the slow dry stuff. I gathered my buds together and Cam, Neil, Adam and I got to it. I opened the boxes and found all but one of the pigment jars had broken open due to poor packaging and leaked all over the box. We were able to salvage the white and one gray. We started with the white paint for the engine room floor, Cam mixed it and Neil and I spread it on the floor. He worked the squeegee and I worked the roller. About half way through rolling out the section and my roller started sticking to the paint. We hurried and finished and we checked the labels, fast dry. Shit! So not only did they screw up the packaging, they sent the wrong stuff. We founf 4 gallons of slow dry and decided to use those and did the gray at the back north section. Still waiting on the replacement pigment and 4 gallons of slow dry. This thing is never going to be done.
    Neil and I went to the second storage unit and started moving equipment. We got both the air compressors and some other assorted stuff moved out. Have to clear the way so the racks can be gotten to and the shelves so all my crap can be put up on so I can sell it all. At least all the stuff I am not going to use, which is most of it.

How are you liking those lights? I’m looking into some of these Hyperlite highbay round led lights.
    2014 CTS V-sport
    2006-teen Black CCSB Powerstroke

For 16 bucks each, they are fantastic. I'm buying more to finish out. Have to see them in person to really appreciate them.

Ok, so while I was on vacation, the correct paint showed up on the doorstep. Everybody was busy this weekend, so Neil and I decided to just jump on it and get it done by ourselves. We got the gray for the office down, and then spread speckles all over the area. Then we painted the gray shop floor, then came back over the speckles with clearcoat. It worked out really nicely I think. Next is back on the ceiling panels.

That looks awesome. I like the color choice!
    98 Cobra - Bolt Ons
    2017 F-150 3.5 EB

Thanks. I am pleased with how it turned out. The office floor with the clear over the speckles looks fantastic.

Looks great Mike. I need to do that in the laundry room area of the basement. I have to scrape ol latex paint that someone put over the concrete years ago though before I can do it. There are like three or four coats of paint on that floor. May even have to use a paint stripper product as I m certain that expoxy floor will not penetrate the old paint and will pop up soon after.

Looks great Mike!
    1992 Gould GT project...

Quote Originally Posted by redfirepearlgt View Post
    Looks great Mike. I need to do that in the laundry room area of the basement. I have to scrape ol latex paint that someone put over the concrete years ago though before I can do it. There are like three or four coats of paint on that floor. May even have to use a paint stripper product as I m certain that expoxy floor will not penetrate the old paint and will pop up soon after.
    I rented a concrete grinder and I bought the diamond bits for it, so if you want to borrow them and rent a grinder, it'll make quick work of it. Uses a vacuum to keep dust down.

Realized I haven't updated this thread in a while. We've been busy. We got the floor done, so I could rent the scissors lift and we finished out the ceiling in it. The spot that is still open is going to be the ceiling of the second floor of rooms, more on that later, when wood prices settle down a bit.
    It was Robbie, Neil and I setting this stuff up in the air. Bill came by to help a bit as well. We got a system down and started knocking the stuff out.

Last edited by NXcoupe; 07-09-2022 at 06:35 PM.

After we got the ceiling done, that week I spent a lot of time up on the scissors lift fastening lights to the ceiling. I also had to play moving man, and moved a bunch of crap out of the way so I could maneuver the lift into position to get to the wiring box so I could hook up the last row of lights. I think it looks great and it is absolutely bright. I ended up with 22 lights total so far, but have 8 more 100 watt ones to hang in office, engine room, etc.

Last edited by NXcoupe; 07-09-2022 at 06:40 PM.

I've been busting ass moving stuff around so we could move the racks and some other equipment out of the storage unit. I have 2 left at this point. By removing the racks and some other equipment, we knocked about a 1/3 of it out, maybe a bit more. These are the pics of that after Neil, Adam and I moved the racks in. Surprisingly, a two wheel dolly works great for moving those big posts around, provided you have a lot of air pressure in the tires and 2 other guys helping you to support it. lol.

[/

I asked a favor of a buddy of mine, and he came through like gangbusters. I offered to pay him to bring his skid steer with forks on it to move the dyno and the furnaces, etc. He showed up with two trailers and another guy and he looked at the storage unit and said, it'll be empty tonight. He even cleaned it out for me, lol. It was a ton of work, but Sonny, Dennis, Neil and I got it done. I think these pics show it all, we started out at 645 and finished at around 11:15. We busted ass. One less storage unit. Load off my mind, Dyno in place, ready to start finishing this project and taking on work again.

looks nice mike. those lift setups are the way to go imho. as for the diamond wheel offer, i tried a smaller version of a similar setup in my basement to strip the walls of paint b4 i started the sealing work. 20 minutes in the entire house was filledmwith concrete dust aven with a barrier sheet put up. so i had to stop. the vacuum system does a good job but for interior work in a finished house i found it a poor idea and went to using an air powered scraper i borrowed from a guy at work.

Damn you haven't been messing around! Cant wait to see it done and you back to working out of it.
    1992 Gould GT project...

Mike, Where did you get the metal ceiling pieces?

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
    #9 2011 Spring Street Car Shoutout

1991 Mini Tubed Mustang Coupe, in the works.
    351W base, PG, Stock Suspension chassis

Badass! Looking good Mike
    98 Cobra - Bolt Ons
    2017 F-150 3.5 EB

Thread Information