Thread: 92 special editions?

92 special editions?

So I may be getting rid of the pumpkin and getting back into a fox (finally). My buddy has one that's a green "special edition" LX hatchback with a light colored vinyl interior. It does need some work but it's super cheap and unmolested.

Question is, why can't I find anything on this "special edition" other than the red convertible they made? Is it just a different interior? The paint doesn't seem to be anything special.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I had one the same way back around 2001. Couldn't find anything out on it either. Id like to see what you find out.
    1992 Mustang LX Coupe, 302, PA C4 and On3 70mm.
    1993 Reef Blue hatch, 347, 3550, and a kit.
    1992 Gould GT project...

Never heard of that combo being a special edition.

Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Never heard of that combo being a special edition.
    I hadn't either. I thought someone just just slapped an emblem on the back but there's another one in the interior and they look like a badge Ford would use in the 90s. I found there was a "special edition" and then a "summer edition" that was the red convertible. But nothing particular on the SE

people put badges on stuff all the time, im not sure tho. Someone on here probable know all that stuff.

In the 90's around that same time, they had a limited 7Up edition, maybe that's it.
    #9 2011 Spring Street Car Shoutout

1991 Mini Tubed Mustang Coupe, in the works.
    351W base, PG, Stock Suspension chassis

Quote Originally Posted by 2Fast4You View Post
    In the 90's around that same time, they had a limited 7Up edition, maybe that's it.
    Those were just convertibles. Maybe they had a bunch of left over interiors from that and decided to throw them in "special edition" cars lol.

The world may never know... Lol

Spring specials were 92 and 3 and were in white, yellow and red/orange( all the colors that came to mind). The 7 up cars were in 1990 and were all verts as well. Post a pic of the emblem. I believe it isn't anything 'special' but if you pay a few bucks mardi will generate a report that tells you all about the car and you can also order a special production report that tells you how many of your car they made like it.

Quote Originally Posted by NXcoupe View Post
    Spring specials were 92 and 3 and were in white, yellow and red/orange( all the colors that came to mind). The 7 up cars were in 1990 and were all verts as well. Post a pic of the emblem. I believe it isn't anything 'special' but if you pay a few bucks mardi will generate a report that tells you all about the car and you can also order a special production report that tells you how many of your car they made like it.
    I'll try and get a picture if I see it again. I'm going to try and sell my car so I have a little more to spend on fixing it. Or I may end up trading for another fox down the road. I'm not too wrapped around the axles about it.

I do know the car you have is very rare, and I'd keep it if it were mine. But then again I never sell any of my cars. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by NXcoupe View Post
    I do know the car you have is very rare, and I'd keep it if it were mine. But then again I never sell any of my cars. Lol
    It's actually rarer than I originally thought. That "829" number that gets thrown around from YMR was BS. I had a full Marti report pulled and it's closer to 660 that were made. I'm really not going to be upset if I don't find a fox right now and I'm not going to settle for one I don't want. Worst case scenario, I'm getting deployed in October so I'll just have it painted when I get back... Or boost it.

I'll probably boost it.

I did a marti report on my 93 calypso coupe and it came back 1 of 1. I was pretty surprised at that. I knew it was rare but had no clue. Glad I bought it back.

Well the pumpkin is gone. Worked out a pretty good deal on an 89 GT. The new owner might sign up on here and start his build thread.

As much as I liked that car it just never really did it for me. I grew up around foxes so I'd rather have the fox than an SN that "might" be valuable in 20 years. A stock SUPER clean Tangerine sold in Columbus 6 months ago for 4200.

Cool, I look forward to seeing what happens with this.

I always liked the cobra wheels on the fox.
    1992 Mustang LX Coupe, 302, PA C4 and On3 70mm.
    1993 Reef Blue hatch, 347, 3550, and a kit.
    1992 Gould GT project...

Quote Originally Posted by 2Fast4You View Post
    Cool, I look forward to seeing what happens with this.
    First thing will just be fixing all the typical "fox fails" and getting rid of the headlights and those horrible LED taillights. Then I'll get it tuned and finish hooking up the nitrous. Then paint/bodywork while I'm on deployment.
    Quote Originally Posted by draggin50 View Post
    I always liked the cobra wheels on the fox.
    I actually wasn't a fan at first but they're growing on me.

Thread Information