Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Funny issue at the NMRA event - details inside

Funny issue at the NMRA event - details inside

So at the NMRA event this weekend , we had a little drama in the Ford Muscle class. One of the cars , a 92 Fox with a coyote and Roush TVS on it , running the 10.5 index , was running a down track rev limiter to basically make sure the car ran a 10.5 pretty much every time. Of course it is a Brenspeed car as well running the full datalogging package. Ford Muscle rules prohibit that stuff and require an engine from the period of the car as well.

It was brought to the attention of the NMRA staff and we will see what happens. Pretty funny they are de-tuning a 9 second car to run a footbrake class for a max prize of $500.

Before it was turned off she was running 10.5x's and under. After it was turned off she was running 10.20's to 10.70's

There was some heated conversations between the NMRA Competition director and a few of the long time FM guy's at the registration trailer. I was a fly on the wall. Be interesting to see what happens next event.

I can clue you in, nothing. That's how nmra is, they pad the rules for the big shop names and pick guys to promote thru their magazine. I am going to race with them again, but I know from experience what to expect. All in all, its still all ford racing and it's great.
    Last edited by NXcoupe; 06-12-2017 at 01:56 PM.

Maybe but they did make them turn off the down track limiter.

Brand ""B" sucks cold bratwurst. Great front, but the truth soon reveals itself. Been there done that.

Quote Originally Posted by redfirepearlgt View Post
    Brand ""B" sucks cold bratwurst. Great front, but the truth soon reveals itself. Been there done that.
    Spill the beans.

I've heard this as well.....but I don't have first hand experience.
    -----------------------------------------
    Scott
    93 Coupe
    66 Fastback

Haha our discussion from Saturday!!!
    1992 Mustang LX Coupe, 302, PA C4 and On3 70mm.
    1993 Reef Blue hatch, 347, 3550, and a kit.
    1992 Gould GT project...

Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Spill the beans.
    Can't tune. What they call a custom tune is a pre-loaded tune from their library and a dyno pull. I had start issues, staling issues, and rich start issues after doing LT's, cams, SC package with them. THey sent a revision. Was little better. Dyno numbers after SC install on the first trip was 427 which was the best it got with them on drive ability and power for the dollar. The following season I decided to go with cams, LT's, pulley down to 9psi, add a KB BAP, and lose the cats. Picked up a whopping 45RWHP or so along with running like crap and stalling at stops. They fixed the stalling at stops but nothing else.

One month after I got the car back while still fighting issues, the cam phasers crapped out. They claimed no fault on their part though another customer of theirs was in just ahead of me on a return with the same issue. He was one of their "big customers" so he was covered. I had to lay out cash for the resolve and was without the car for most of the season. I'm convinced they failed to set the torque to yield final on the phaser bolts and refuse to admit it.

So I took the car to Adam at S&M Motorsports. He resolved everything. Gave the car a conservative tune and it made 507 RWHP and drove great, with no additional mods. I say conservative because after he was done and the results were in he said, "she's got more in her safely if you want it". I chose not to due to the bottom end still being stock.

That was my last dealing with them.
    Last edited by redfirepearlgt; 06-13-2017 at 06:03 AM.

The engine builder for Brenspeed goes to the Muncie Heads Up events. He was walking in the pits the last time and was asking me about my car. Asked me if I had thought of using Brenspeed for tuning. I was polite and just responded no and left it at that. He was driving the white 9secon RS3 Mustang at the event in Columbus. Must be nice to have a shop car to drive at the events.

Quote Originally Posted by gzbs197 View Post
    The engine builder for Brenspeed goes to the Muncie Heads Up events. He was walking in the pits the last time and was asking me about my car. Asked me if I had thought of using Brenspeed for tuning. I was polite and just responded no and left it at that. He was driving the white 9secon RS3 Mustang at the event in Columbus. Must be nice to have a shop car to drive at the events.
    You could get on with Brand "B" and then maybe you could drive that car.

Lol - somehow I dont think that is an option I would have to worry about. I was never really the fanboy type and I don't like Kool-Aid either.

Then again you could hook up with Lebanon Ford and maybe get a free ride there. Didn't you see the 15+ Lebanon Ford Roush SC'd 727 car run a whopping 12.08 first pass?

I did , lol. It was good he had his SFI pants and shoes on for that pass along with the 2 Go-Pro's mounted on the outside as well. No worse than Mr. Roush himself making a 12.68 and a 13.21 pass in his Stage 3 for some of his runs.

Quote Originally Posted by gzbs197 View Post
    I did , lol. It was good he had his SFI pants and shoes on for that pass along with the 2 Go-Pro's mounted on the outside as well. No worse than Mr. Roush himself making a 12.68 and a 13.21 pass in his Stage 3 for some of his runs.
    Oh yes. Both passes did wonders for Roush credibility.

Maybe I can sweet talk NXCoupe into letting me borrow car parts from his stockpile to go racing on lol!!!

Maybe you could get NXCOUPE to sponsor you.

Shit, I have a hard wnough time sponsoring myself. Lol. I try to help everyone on the board. You need to come back and use the dyno again anyway soon. More work to do.

Well i have some time since next event isnt until end of July. i need more power!!!

^^^ COYOTE SWAP!

The guy I sold my Eleanor car to took my car to Brenspeed for a retune and sent a rod through the block while on the dyno.

Thread Information