Thread: 2.3 Aluminum Head ...

2.3 Aluminum Head ...

As title says, Looking for Aluminum 2.3 cylinder head ...

SVO or Turbo Coupe !!!

Thanks
    Aaron

F**K Photobucket !!!

Any chance you need a rear lower valance for that 65 you have? I no a guy who has an original still in the Ford shipping paper. It has the holes for the reverse lights. 64.5 - 66's. No idea what he would want for it. Its obviously only in primer.

Quote Originally Posted by redfirepearlgt View Post
    Any chance you need a rear lower valance for that 65 you have? I no a guy who has an original still in the Ford shipping paper. It has the holes for the reverse lights. 64.5 - 66's. No idea what he would want for it. Its obviously only in primer.
    Appreciate it, But the Body is Great on this thing !!!

My son is building a turbo 2.3 to put in his Ranger ...
    Aaron

F**K Photobucket !!!

Ford never produced an aluminum head factory. You would need to look for an Esslinger or old ford motorsport head, which I believe esslinger made too.

Quote Originally Posted by NXcoupe View Post
    Ford never produced an aluminum head factory. You would need to look for an Esslinger or old ford motorsport head, which I believe esslinger made too.

I knew about Esslinger, But they were saying on the forum on Facebook that the SVO and Turbo Coupe were aluminum ... I didn't think the 86 SVO I had was aluminum ...

Thanks Mike ...
    Aaron

F**K Photobucket !!!

No problem. Remember, I have a 450 hp 2.5L myself. I've done a ton of research and had a turbo coupe of my own. Ford never put an aluminum head on any 2.3 or 2.5L lima. Now, the 2.3L in the new mustangs is all aluminum and is a great idea for a swap. I may do that with my coupe down the road, good Lord willin and the crick don't rise.

No problem. Remember, I have a 450 hp 2.5L myself. I've done a ton of research and had a turbo coupe of my own. Ford never put an aluminum head on any 2.3 or 2.5L lima. Now, the 2.3L in the new mustangs is all aluminum and is a great idea for a swap. I may do that with my coupe down the road, good Lord willin and the crick don't rise.
    I'm going to be picking your brain about that ... Kevin says he only wants 400hp !!! LOL
    Aaron

F**K Photobucket !!!

Not hard to do and keep it fun. Mine has a cast iron dual plug head, with an esslinger turbo cam and boport springs and hardware. Crower makes great rods and CP has piston sets. Get on boport and stringer's websites and read around. Also go to turbofords forum. Facebook has a lot of folks that have no clue yet they're willing to share that knowledge with you. Jmho.

Quote Originally Posted by k062693w View Post
    Appreciate it, But the Body is Great on this thing !!!

My son is building a turbo 2.3 to put in his Ranger ...
    KOO-WELL !!!

What about the Volvo head swap?

- - - Updated - - -

Not hard to do and keep it fun. Mine has a cast iron dual plug head, with an esslinger turbo cam and boport springs and hardware. Crower makes great rods and CP has piston sets. Get on boport and stringer's websites and read around. Also go to turbofords forum. Facebook has a lot of folks that have no clue yet they're willing to share that knowledge with you. Jmho.
    FB has a ton of real bad info!!! Them dummies believe themselves I think!
    1992 Mustang LX Coupe, 302, PA C4 and On3 70mm.
    1993 Reef Blue hatch, 347, 3550, and a kit.
    1992 Gould GT project...

Quote Originally Posted by draggin50 View Post
    What about the Volvo head swap?

- - - Updated - - -

FB has a ton of real bad info!!! Them dummies believe themselves I think!
    That's sort of an urban legend. Only a few guys have actually completed the swap. There is lots more to it than everyone was lead to believe.
    Last edited by NXcoupe; 06-14-2021 at 08:23 PM.

Thread Information