Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Since there are...

I doubt it will be a 8 sec. field and if it is there will be a lot of bitching about it
    2015 Gt

I think there are plenty enough fast cars on here that it could be a 8 and 9 second list. Just have to get them to post up times, show up at the cruises, and hang out.
    1992 Mustang LX Coupe, 302, PA C4 and On3 70mm.
    1993 Reef Blue hatch, 347, 3550, and a kit.
    1992 Gould GT project...

Quote Originally Posted by draggin50 View Post
    I think there are plenty enough fast cars on here that it could be a 8 and 9 second list. Just have to get them to post up times, show up at the cruises, and hang out.
    Yep !!!

I'm thinking about having a BIG Cookout Campout at my house once I have the rest of my parts rounded up, And then a bunch of you guys can come over and all jump in and get my SHIT Done !!!

And there's a Perfect, Nice, Flat, Wide and out here in the Sticks Stretch of Road for us to go out and do a little street play !!!

I'll even provide all the Beer and Beef you can handle !!!
    Aaron

F**K Photobucket !!!

I'm not doubting the fact that there are plenty of fast cars on the site I know of alot of them im saying people will bitch about them being "street cars"
    2015 Gt

As long as they participate in the cruises and hang outs, no one can bitch. At least that's my take on things.
    1992 Gould GT project...

If all you fast cars post up, I'm in trouble!!! I can see an 8-9 second dozen!
    Top 5 I could possibly see being in the 9s or better but I just don't see it for the Dozen. If enough people post times this year I'm thinking the cut-off will be somewhere in the 11s. I would just like to see a complete list this year that more accurately portrays the level of cars I know we have.
    Greg
    Midnight Mafia

I'd say high 10's-low 11's easy. DTony's car will probably be ready, Noshot has the pace car back, and there are several others. Shayne's car should be making passes too. Hell I might get on it this year if so!!!
    1992 Gould GT project...

it would be great to see everyone get there cars out.
    a 10 sec min. list is not out of the question.
    when a stroker windsor just wont do

I'd say high 10's-low 11's easy. DTony's car will probably be ready, Noshot has the pace car back, and there are several others. Shayne's car should be making passes too. Hell I might get on it this year if so!!!
    That will change before the end of the month let alone by end of season!
    Greg
    Midnight Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Kwik92GT View Post
    That will change before the end of the month let alone by end of season!
    Haha I know! I just hate to see it go again! That car is nasty!
    1992 Gould GT project...

I'm glad to hear that he got that pace car back, it is a beautiful Stang. I do plan on making some passes this year along with some cruise ins as well Brian. I have high expectations for the car, a lot of time and energy has gone into it.
    #9 2011 Spring Street Car Shoutout

1991 Mini Tubed Mustang Coupe, in the works.
    351W base, PG, Stock Suspension chassis

Ok, here's the idea I posted in the mod section and then talked to quite a few people about in Feb of 14. I dropped the idea as I just didn't think it would fly, then low and behold I see folks mentioning it here. This will be for the Dirty Dozen Top 12 list, not the dirty dozen et list. So two lists. This list is any brand. Here goes:

Here's an idea I've been tossing around. I've pitched it to a few of you, and it was suggested I post it here so people could read it and chew on it, then make comments/suggestions.
    I post this with one caveat. If you think it is shit, say it's shit. don't dance around the point, just toss it out there as this is where I want the discussion to start.

Here's the idea:
    Just like the TV show Street Outlaws, we have a list. Ours is a dozen, so it's more than theirs, so more is better. That's my logic and I'm sticking to it.
    I like how they have to climb their list, by racing the people above them, or by racing the bottom and working up. This is a point of discussion as I'm not so sold on that.
    Here's how I've roughed it in so far.
    1. there will be 3 events a year that you have to take your car to. It will not be a race event, it will be a cruise in type of get together and you bring your car. I'd like it to be dozen specific so we can park them all in a row. If someone makes other events and drives their car, cool.
    2. Towards the end of the year, we will have a dirty dozen cruise. This will cement people on the list, and the list will just sort itself out but no others will be able to 'bump' someone off the list. We will meet, cruise together to a spot 20 miles or so away, and then cruise back. Cars can be towed to the cruise start, but cannot be trailered anywhere else on the trek. If you break on the cruise, you can redeem yourself by filming an hour long cruise around town in your car. Again, up for discussion.
    3. The list will be as usual for the first three months of the season. Lets say March, April, then a date in May, it changes. Lets say May 21.
    4. After May 21, the only way to get on the list, or to move up the list is to challenge the person above you to a race. You will have to arrange to meet within one week, at a test and tune or track rental or bracket night, etc, arrange with the track official to run one race between the two of you. Heads up or sportsman tree, whichever you both agree too. Video is a must, and witnesses as well. Whoever wins, regardless of et, either keeps their spot or moves to the next spot up. That means, you redlight, you have to call the guy out to get your spot back. Sound like a lot of racing, yes it does, but isn't that what this site is about?
    5. End of the year, after the cruise, then we have the dd shootout, everyone gets to race anyone they want at any spot on the list, list will move around, everyone has multiple times to race for a spot. End of the day, the list is in STONE.
    6. How to get on the list after May? That's debatable and I am open to suggestions/comments on this and of course all of the above. My thoughts are it could go two ways: first, you have to race spot 12 to get on the list, no matter how fast your car is. Then 11, then 10, then keep challenging till you lose. Second idea, you can challenge any spot on the list and if you beat them, you get that spot and the list is bumped down, and poor little #12 gets put on the also ran list. No street races will be counted. There are other sites for that, and frankly, I just don't want to assume the liability for that, sorry.

Pluses of this as I see it are:
    1. NO worrying about breakage, if a guy is broke and he can't make a challenge, he slips a spot, if everyone finds out, he could end up at 12 and have to work his way back up.
    2. NO policing, if you can't make the cruise, you can't make the drive, you can't make the shootout, even after 6 months notice, then you aren't on the list, simple.
    3. Action, lots of video, lots of racing, lots of trash talkin, racin, storytellin, etc. All shit that I come here to watch and read.
    4. More respect for the list. It's more than some guy thumping his chest after his 120k car took a spot from a guys 15k street car.
    5. I'm not a believer that a trailered all out race car should be on the list. However, if that same race car fits the rules as stated above, has plates, can make a street cruise legally, and still run the number, I'm all for it.
    6. With that being said, more respect for the driver of the car as well as for the car. So you built an 8 sec car, but can you drive it? This could separate the men from the dollar boyz. I know if you wanna race me, it's heads up or shut up.

Notice what's not up there:
    mufflers, breakage, post counts, etc. I don't give a shit if the car has a horn, or if it has to run race gas. If the car can make it 40 miles on a round trip with the fuel it carries on board, done deal in my mind.

Again, to repeat, the reasoning behind my thinking is: Action, lots of video, lots of racing, lots of trash talkin, racin, storytellin, etc. All shit that I come here to watch and read.

Last edited by NXcoupe; 02-03-2014 at 07:04 PM.

I like the original list but think it could be opened up some.

1. The turbo/muffler rule needs to go.
    2. An other list for any other car. Like it used to be till around 2011. I noticed 2012 didn't have this option.
    3. People have to make at least one of the cruise ins or hangouts. Its not that hard to do. Especially with Jon and Chad setting up other cruises as well in all parts of the country!
    4. People need to call each other out on the BS! If they haven't made any hangouts, sold the car, or its blown the fuck up, your off.
    5. Pictures, Videos, or timeslips needed. Not cause we don't believe the witnesses, its cause we want something to look at and watch!
    6. Who cares about the race car/street car title if it makes a cruise in or two. Jeff Lange went 8.80's I believe and drove it a lot on the street.
    7. Meet up towards the end of the year for a running of the dozen.
    8. Street Car Shoot Outs!!!! This shit needs to happen again!!! That tested the cars. Not many broke that I can recall either. And it was fun!

That's about all I can think of right now. But overall I like how the original list works. It doesn't take away to much from what Vinny originally started.
    1992 Gould GT project...

Ya'll do what ya want with the list. I just like seeing something positive happen in here.
    http://stangbang.tripod.com/ Where all this began!
    http://stangbang.tripod.com/twisted/ Vinny
    1984 Mustang build @craig_btr on Instagram

There needs to be a muffler on the turbo cars LOL ..does the exhaust have to make an attempt to make it to the back of the car?
    2015 Gt

I agree with brian run whatcha brung,don't care if you have muffs or not.
    bring the streetcar shootout back craig!!!!

calling out guys wouldn't work animosity or time scheduling would be almost impossible to do.
    unless you blow it up it stays on the list. headgasket, axle failure etc. happens.
    when a stroker windsor just wont do

No mufflers on turbo cars should be perfectly acceptable and this coming from a guy with full exhaust and a muffler.
    Call outs sounds great but I agree with scheduling it could be a problem. I for one sit around most of the winter and work like a dog all summer, so it would be difficult for me but I do plan on making more of an effort this yr.
    Rick

Rick90lx@yahoo-dot-com
    6.27625 liters of turbocharged goodness

If I had to guess, the muffler rule probably started because of 14 second guys with open headers that are always so annoying.
    Rick

Rick90lx@yahoo-dot-com
    6.27625 liters of turbocharged goodness

Quote Originally Posted by Rick93coupe View Post
    If I had to guess, the muffler rule probably started because of 14 second guys with open headers that are always so annoying.
    More so to do with the Down pipes dumping out the front of the cars. Trying to keep the "Street" in the list. But its all good now with the Run what cha brung rules!
    http://stangbang.tripod.com/ Where all this began!
    http://stangbang.tripod.com/twisted/ Vinny
    1984 Mustang build @craig_btr on Instagram

My idea is for the anything list, not the DD. The DD would stay as a simple et list. I would also try to get some of the local shops to chip in and put some money or parts for the top 3 or so on the race list. Maybe something for all 12 on the race list. I dunno. I for one would be around to race, it's always in an evening, it's on a thurs, fri or sat, so I should be able to make one of those days depending on how often one gets called out. I'd like to hear from some more folks, but the regular dirty dozen list would be as is, with some tweaking.

Thread Information