Page 16 of 29 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Thread: official "dirty dozen" discussion thread

I am not even going to be on the list this year but, I think that towing your car to the track does not mean its not a street car. There are alot of stangs that are going on saturday that have already proven themselves as steet car, hell I would say almost half of them went to Middletown for the Running of The Pony cruise!! Towing to the track on Sat will be a good idea cause I know everyone will be out there to either make it or break it, I think the biggest rules should be in effect thou, like tags&ins, and must be a true SB member, must have been seen on the street at least once like a cruise or somthing and mostly you must be there on Sat to show your stuff!! Just my .02

The Bad Boy!

Quote Originally Posted by JASON408 View Post
    these rules are what was talked about in the begining and i say we just stick to them . you can drive down on street tires and switch them at the track everybodys can run what you brung and we get to cruz down and have some fun . if we can"t meet at md then some where else. cincyspeed is just as far it would be like old times and i say lets set it in stone so there is no more talking just some racin .
    That's what I was planing on doing and I have to switch all 4 cause I run skinnies on the front at the track. Would be easier to just trailor it down but I thought the cruise would make it fun and I only run pump gas so no worries. I am bringing a trailor with me though, hopefully won't need it

Does not matter to me either way just set the rules and go like JASON408 said

There are a few of us meeting up north here, and then driving to the track. We will be swapping tires and doing our thing to get ready once we get there. This is going to be fun, and we aren't trying to cause problems, it's just a lot of driving to go to MD or Cincy Speed as we drive past the track then head back up to the track. It just didn't make sense, but if that's what this discussion is about, then we will do whatever is deemed fair. Us northerners aren't trying to rock the boat, just tryin to get into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus View Post
    The Dirty Dozen has always been on the "Honor System" When you break or sell your Stang, you are SUPPOSE to post it up so you can be removed from the list and give your fellow Stangbangerz the oppurtunity to join the list. We have only had two problems this year, but it was partly my fault for not making the rules clear for everyone. (I hope the rules are clear now)

I think (my opinion) that if you guys from the North want to caravan to TS then the rest of us will take your WORD that you drove it. I think one of you would get some cool video or pictures of your caravan to share with the rest of us. It would be the Northern version of "Running of teh Ponys"

Hopefully we all get to see ALL Dozens cars at TS.
    1. Maximus - 9.16@154
    2. GTTurbo88 - 9.60@139
    3. JASON408 - 9.66@141
    4. 93Cobra - 10.47@132.56
    5. 93vert - 10.75@127
    6. fastfreddie - 10.78@125
    7. JIMSSVT - 10.79@125.8
    8. 93 notch - 10.80@129
    9. IBSTROKIN - 10.84@126
    10. bangingears - 10.88@131
    11. chad393na - 10.91@121
    12. blackdeath1000 - 11.17@127.62

On deck:
    blackdeath1000 - 11.17@127.62
    Evilsvt - 11.56@132

Broken:
    chuck - 9.60 @ 137
    platedturbonotch - 10.25@132
    orangedemon331 - 10.99@130
    88lxnos - 11.22@122

Im looking forward to seeing Scotts Stang. (GTTurbo88) I beleive the last time I saw it was at KK a couple years ago.

Hopefully, Hulk and a few others that are down, can show up and we can all see those good looking Stangs as well.

It should be a Great time for participants as well as other Stangbangerz. If everyone has a chance, they should come out and make a day of it!! Great times, Great people, and cool cars...what else is there??

ps. Jeff Creech the photographer for National magazines will hopefully be on hand looking to shot some clean cars. So shine em up

well that answers my question. I will be caravaning down with rscoupe and a few others. This is going to be a fun time. it will be nce to get to meet some of the guys off of the board for once.

I guess I will try and weld my head up tomorrow at work and throw my junk back together for one last blast, but it probably wont work.

You ought to come along with our group. Kettering isn't that far East!

So whats the verdict? Me meeting at MD, doing the cruise, trailor, no trailor or anything goes just show up and race.

Quote Originally Posted by kennebellcobra View Post
    So whats the verdict? Me meeting at MD, doing the cruise, trailor, no trailor or anything goes just show up and race.
    Not meeting anywhere. Show up at Tri-State with or without your trailer and/or slicks. Make sure you have your license, tags and insurance with you.

trailors (maybe to get it back home)
    Plan b is to finish plan a

Quote Originally Posted by platedturbonotc View Post
    trailors (maybe to get it back home)
    Whaaaaa

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus View Post
    Whaaaaa

aw,c'mon i'm messing with ya.i know you build low compression drivers freindly 1000 hp street car
    i'm sure it would pass the test anyway.good luck this weekend.uh are you selling your car??

here's our dillema....it was mentioned to me yesterday so I'm bringing it to the table......does GTTurbo88 make the list or not? He didn't show yesterday. He hasn't been to any of our events. He's rarely ever on this site. Those are the complaints I heard. It doesn't matter to me so I'm leaving it to you all for a decision.

Quote Originally Posted by vinny5oh View Post
    here's our dillema....it was mentioned to me yesterday so I'm bringing it to the table......does GTTurbo88 make the list or not? He didn't show yesterday. He hasn't been to any of our events. He's rarely ever on this site. Those are the complaints I heard. It doesn't matter to me so I'm leaving it to you all for a decision.

Its not fair to all the guys who support this site and show up to events...
    Scott has a very streetable, good looking Stang, but if he cant make the effort to show up to at least one Stangbangerz event or contribute something useful to the site, then why should he be on the list?

Everyone else on the list has been to The Spring and Fall Crusie ins and/or running of the ponys. Hell a couple have made ALL the events and are regular posters in here.

Either way...

well, i did a search, i found 9 threads that he has posted in this year

that to me doesn't constitute much participation

i would say no
    [B]2015 Mustang GT - 8.40@170
    2022 F150 10.76
    www.beefcakeracing.com for all your late model Mustang, Hemi and Camaro Exhaust / Supercharger / Suspension and suspension needs.

out with the old in with the new.get that list up!!

Right now I'm #13,so removing Scott puts me back on the dozen.But I want to earn my way on the dozen.Scott has a very clean,fast, STREET car.He doesnt post much,but he does post.And technically,he has'nt broken any rules. You get on the dozen at the dragstrip, not your keyboard!
    88 gt vert #9 2006 dirty dozen-Tuned by Precision-Autosports
    #12 2007 dirty dozen
    Victorious pinks Crew member
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkpqFgPYtVo

you are supposed to be a member (active) not just someone that signed up he has never been to one of our events or has he even been around I think we should keep it members that participate hell if we keep it on the strip then MIke Keenan can sign on from Albequerque and kill us all I do not htink that is fair .... I vote participation gets you a spot

Quote Originally Posted by vinny5oh View Post

Yeah, that is good grounds to kick someone off the list

Ill go ahead and tell you what he would say, he dont give a shit.
    "The Truth is, Your the Weak, and I am the Tyranny of Evil Men!"

Quote Originally Posted by ibstrokin View Post
    Right now I'm #13,so removing Scott puts me back on the dozen.But I want to earn my way on the dozen.Scott has a very clean,fast, STREET car.He doesnt post much,but he does post.And technically,he has'nt broken any rules. You get on the dozen at the dragstrip, not your keyboard!

At least someone gets it

Quote Originally Posted by BUHBYY View Post
    you are supposed to be a member (active) not just someone that signed up he has never been to one of our events or has he even been around I think we should keep it members that participate hell if we keep it on the strip then MIke Keenan can sign on from Albequerque and kill us all I do not htink that is fair .... I vote participation gets you a spot

Both me and Scott have been to several of the Great American Crusies. Guess that dont count eh?

Thread Information